PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are you amped about?

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So I don't see the "get claimed by your binkie" thread, which I believe comes closer to camp.... but who's got you amped - wide open question. BoB's return? Existing players? Draftees? Smith-Shuster?

I have a lot of activity born of boredom I'll generously call "thoughts"

- The Company Run Game... yes, you can call the RB Rhamondre Stevenson if you want, but he'll be one of a committee, and he won't take over the league. I root for all Patriots backs together to be among the top collections of backs in the league. Let's keep it up and even ramp it up some. Fun to watch the old-school chunk of the attack.

- A Defense you do not want to see on your schedule. Including hit after hit from this year's draft. Wouldn't you love seeing a D that can take over games? We always show flashes of a defense for the ages, then end up with "hey, not bad, but come on. Defenses aren't great anymore..."

- Oh what the hell I'll say it - I think it's a drain to go all in on would-be "great receivers" and "True Number 1s" and stuff. I think we way over-value them. But I see where some mediot or the other puts us getting ahead in the Hopkins sweepstakes... okay tell me more :D

- The guilty pleasure above aside, I would be HAPPIER to see our potential speed attack at WR come to fruition. Nobody even seems to know it's (potentially) there, Tyquan and Parker ftw...

- Schroedinger's BoB. I believe and love the idea that BoB is THE savior on offense (more like a competent offensive coach of any kind is the savior) and that right there is worth 2 or 3 additional Ws. But it ain't proven till it happens. HAPPEN.

Okay you guys do yours

you have to explain the Schroedinger's BOB point you are making...especially to the perennial doom and gloomers who see poison and death around every corner of this new season...

In quantum mechanics, Schrödinger's BOB is a thought experiment that illustrates a paradox of quantum superposition. In the thought experiment, a hypothetical BOB may be considered simultaneously both alive and dead, while it is unobserved in a closed box, as a result of its fate being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur. This thought experiment was devised by physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935[1] in a discussion with Albert Einstein[2] to illustrate what Schrödinger saw as the problems of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics.

In Schrödinger's original formulation, BOB, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor (e.g. a Geiger counter) detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison, which kills BOB. The Copenhagen interpretation implies that, after a while, BOB is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees BOB either alive or dead, not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality resolves into one possibility or the other.

Hmmm. I’m not really amped up about anyone tbh. There’s a lot of questions I would love to see answered though. Number one being the OL. I’m excited to see what changes have been made by the coaching hires and see how much of an impact, if any, the draftees have on this group. Fixing the OL should give us an improved Mac, and an even stronger run game. If I had to pick a player I’d like to focus on, I guess it would be Gonzalez. Id like to see some serious flashes. I don’t expect him to come in and be a lockdown guy, but if he can show flashes and get better as the season progresses, Id be stoked. Mapu surprising everyone and being a contributor all over the field would be amazing.

This team just doesn’t have that guy I look forward week in and week out to see what he can do. If someone could step up and be that face of the franchise and take over games Id be amped up.

I'm not really one for running backs but I think Rhamondre Stevenson is primed for an all time great Patriots RB season. Not many in recent memory, Dillon's 2004 was probably the last great season for a Patriots RB. But even Dillon wasn't the dual threat that Stevenson seems to be. Pro bowl season for RS coming up.

Gesicki got lost in the shuffle last season in Miami but I think he'll have a good opportunity to establish a productive role with the Patriots. I hated the Jonnu signing from the get go and he was a complete waste of space. I think O'Brien will get some dual TE action reestablished in New England with Henry and a much improved TE2 in Gesicki.

Hyped to see a better Mac Jones... Year 3... He went thru the crucible last year, and now we get to see if he's the type if player who is going to put this team on his back when needed...

stoked to see this rookie class in action... after last years home run, could we have strung together two years in a row of quality players... there will be misses, there always are, but get a few decent guys every year, and thats a win...

Super Hyped to see Brady being honored by the team this year. Thats a fitting end to the Brady years, not some rancorous divorce that lasts for a decade or more.

Life is difficult. Even when things are going well. I’m looking forward to a small window each week where I can escape to the (relatively speaking) unimportant fandom of a team that has both broken my heart and filled it with joy.

My wish would be to watch a team featuring a VG D and an excellent running game. Mac showing improvement is important as well. Another slump year would likely mean NE is in the market for a QB.

I am not amped. I am @Hyped !!! Had to shout out one of my most degenerate gamblers. The optimist Dingle is hyped about the following:

1. A dominant D. The pass rush will be even better with a shut down rookie CB and a trio of Joneses locking up receivers.

2. A competent, professional offense. Billy O. That is everything. We will see an offense that actually uses 2 TE's at the same time and play action.

3. ST's that don't lose games. Joe Judge is everyone's whipping boy, but he was once an excellent ST coach. He will help turn that **** show around.

I am not amped. I am @Hyped !!! Had to shout out one of my most degenerate gamblers. The optimist Dingle is hyped about the following:

1. A dominant D. The pass rush will be even better with a shut down rookie CB and a trio of Joneses locking up receivers.

2. A competent, professional offense. Billy O. That is everything. We will see an offense that actually uses 2 TE's at the same time and play action.

3. ST's that don't lose games. Joe Judge is everyone's whipping boy, but he was once an excellent ST coach. He will help turn that **** show around.

Yup @Hyped is also hyped about the same. Agree that our D will be solid enough that if our offense keeps the T.O.P. balance around 30 minutes a game and the ST units don’t give up field position. We will be able to play with anyone anywhere.

As for specific players:

- Barmore: Feel he is primed to give us 17 games of wrecking ball performance!

- Mapu: Want to see if he is truly a Swiss Army knife.

- Judon/Uche/White/Pass Rush: Who doesn’t like sacks?

- All of the Joneses: Marcus…a playmaker, Jack..looked like CB1 at times last year….Mac…looking for a bounce back and think he was heating up towards the end of last year…. and Jonathan: Steadying presence.

- Thorton: Think he is ready to take the top off the opposing D.

- Douglas/Boutte/Other WRs: Think we are due to strike gold…..

- Rham: In for a BIG year, but I want some load management.

- Gesicki: Moving him around to match hunt slow linebackers/safeties.

Last edited:

Well said! Basically what I was thinking when looking at the top of the umbrella

E5548B5C-2217-434D-B92E-C1F454EA3A6A.gif

you have to explain the Schroedinger's BOB point you are making...especially to the perennial doom and gloomers who see poison and death around every corner of this new season...

In quantum mechanics, Schrödinger's BOB is a thought experiment that illustrates a paradox of quantum superposition. In the thought experiment, a hypothetical BOB may be considered simultaneously both alive and dead, while it is unobserved in a closed box, as a result of its fate being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur. This thought experiment was devised by physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935[1] in a discussion with Albert Einstein[2] to illustrate what Schrödinger saw as the problems of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics.

In Schrödinger's original formulation, BOB, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor (e.g. a Geiger counter) detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison, which kills BOB. The Copenhagen interpretation implies that, after a while, BOB is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees BOB either alive or dead, not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality resolves into one possibility or the other.

Your post really got me curious.

Now my hands are glowing fluorescent yellow and my cat (only remaining friend on earth) is dead after violent seizures and vomiting. I wish I had walked through the experiment before presenting it to my kids. Mr. Whiskers was everything to them.

Thanks *******.

Yup @Hyped is also hyped about the same. Agree that our D will be solid enough that if our offense keeps the T.O.P. balance around 30 minutes a game and the ST units don’t give up field position. We will be able to play with anyone anywhere.

As for specific players:

- Barmore: Feel he is primed to give us 17 games of wrecking ball performance!

- Mapu: Want to see if he is truly a Swiss Army knife.

- Judon/Uche/White/Pass Rush: Who doesn’t like sacks?

- All of the Joneses: Marcus…a playmaker, Jack..looked like CB1 at times last year….Mac…looking for a bounce back and think he was heating up towards the end of last year…. and Jonathan: Steadying presence.

- Thorton: Think he is ready to take the top off the opposing D.

- Davis/Boutte/Other WRs: Think we are due to strike gold…..

- Rham: In for a BIG year, but I want some load management.

- Gesicki: Moving him around to match hunt slow linebackers/safeties.

I agree and have a few additions:

- Gonzalez being a shutdown cb1.
- BoB making us forget last year. I think this is going to be the biggest impact.
- I could see Gesicki putting up career numbers. 800+/6-8 TD's.
- If Mafi/Sow can start at one of the guard positions and kick Onwenu to RT. I'd feel really good about our O-line if that happened.

Last edited:
Your post really got me curious.

Now my hands are glowing fluorescent yellow and my cat (only remaining friend on earth) is dead after violent seizures and vomiting. I wish I had walked through the experiment before presenting it to my kids. Mr. Whiskers was everything to them.

Thanks *******.
tumblr_oqsqgrye261qmob6ro1_400.gif

So I don't see the "get claimed by your binkie" thread, which I believe comes closer to camp.... but who's got you amped - wide open question. BoB's return? Existing players? Draftees? Smith-Shuster?
I normally post it right after the draft, but I guess I forgot it this year. :( So as you suggested I will post it before camp.

OL Coach A Klemm that group was poorly coached last year and it showed. How many times did we have drive killing penalties?? Too many times we need a OL Coach who have the grapefruits to bench repeat offenders. That should send a clear message that dumb penalties will not be tolerated...Mount Trent Brown you hear that??

Last edited:
Jack Jones on D if picked up where he left off last year playing wise. Him and Gonzalez we could really shut some passing Offenses down without Blitzing.

Kraft ....
amped up that Bob is amped up.

Defense.

I’m excited to see just how good the D can be. It was good last year and looks like it could be much improved over an already good unit. Looking to see if Keion can be a good complement to Barmore, where Mapu ends up playing (probably different on every play), how Gonzo does, whether Bolden is a surprise find, etc.

Given the investment, our special teams should be other worldly - Slater, Davis, Schooler, Board, Speed, Mitchel?. Both our punters look good so far and we have a really good rookie PK and Nick Folk to fall back upon if need be.

Let's see if any of this actually helps wins games.

Seeing how Mac Jones rebounds from a disastrous last year in a functional NFL offense.. been listening to the inane yakking of sportstalk radio and other talking heads how he was a defiant, disengaged, mutinous QB in '22.
My belief is he is much better than we saw last year and a very good NFL QB....

I really am looking forward to Douglas. Something about him screams the next Edelman... Him and Thornton are what I want to see. I honestly think we shouldn't jump on DeAndre unless our cap hit is maybe 3 -4 million over parkers hit.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back