PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your W-L prediction this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 9-7 is not out of the realm of possibilities. They have somme games that I think they will win to get to that, Dolphins and Jets and Jaguars and Vikings are probably the easiest, I can see them spliting the Titans. Possibly beating Buffalo (who I pin as a WC contender) and the Bears.

To each his own, my friend.

Your opinion matters just as much as anyone else's, so go ahead with your bad ass self.

I think the Colts will end up better than a lot of people think too, but in the end that will only equate to an 6-10/7-9 record.

How do you believe this team will go 10-6 or 11-5 when we went 13-3 last year with a relatively weak schedule, when in comparison, this year's schedule will be even weaker and issues on offense/defense will be addressed from now till September. Can you explain your reasoning behind your prediction?

Judging records based on previous seasons is rather dumb. Injuries, players, schemes, etc. change a lot.

Texans went from 8-8 (I believe) in 2010 and could have been 13-3 or 14-2 in 2011 if they hadn't lost their top 2 QB's and left their playoff hopes in the hands of a late round rookie. Their defense went from nearly dead last to nearly first.

49ers went from drafting in the top 10 to tying the 2nd best record in the NFL and being a backup kick returner fumbling 3 times (once was overturned due to a penalty) from playing in the Super Bowl.

Denver drafted 2nd overall and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs with an option QB.

We have the easiest schedule based on last seasons records. Our division, outside of the Jets, has only improved, in my opinion. Dolphins have a top notch D and Fitzpatrick played some very good football before getting hurt (rumors have placed his injury right around the time he signed his contract). We still have to face each divisions #1 and the Titans won't be a pushover like in 09 IMO. Peyton Manning won't go away either.

We have some very tough games in SF, Balt, and Denver. You can never count out divisional opponents, not even the Bills anymore, and the Seahawks have a very legitimate defense and a QB who tore us up just 2 seasons ago and would have won had he remembered that the 4th quarters is the final quarter.

I personally think we'll finish with 12 or more wins, but 10-6 isn't too far fetched all things considered.

Judging records based on previous seasons is rather dumb. Injuries, players, schemes, etc. change a lot.

Texans went from 8-8 (I believe) in 2010 and could have been 13-3 or 14-2 in 2011 if they hadn't lost their top 2 QB's and left their playoff hopes in the hands of a late round rookie. Their defense went from nearly dead last to nearly first.

49ers went from drafting in the top 10 to tying the 2nd best record in the NFL and being a backup kick returner fumbling 3 times (once was overturned due to a penalty) from playing in the Super Bowl.

Denver drafted 2nd overall and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs with an option QB.

We have the easiest schedule based on last seasons records. Our division, outside of the Jets, has only improved, in my opinion. Dolphins have a top notch D and Fitzpatrick played some very good football before getting hurt (rumors have placed his injury right around the time he signed his contract). We still have to face each divisions #1 and the Titans won't be a pushover like in 09 IMO. Peyton Manning won't go away either.

We have some very tough games in SF, Balt, and Denver. You can never count out divisional opponents, not even the Bills anymore, and the Seahawks have a very legitimate defense and a QB who tore us up just 2 seasons ago and would have won had he remembered that the 4th quarters is the final quarter.

I personally think we'll finish with 12 or more wins, but 10-6 isn't too far fetched all things considered.
Let me rephrase it, which teams are these 6 losses going to come from in your opinion?

Let me rephrase it, which teams are these 6 losses going to come from in your opinion?

Where did I say I think we'll lose 6 games? I said we win 12+.

Last edited:
I would like to see what happens with the draft/light (and has the rookie ot bulk up in the offseason) to take stab. Optimistically, 14-2, catastrophic injury plague...9-7. I don't trust many of the considered starters on the offensive line to stay healthy. Waters, light; old. Mankins isn't getting any younger and has been pretty damn reliable. Vollmer has the back question mark (so did gronk right?), and center...do I need to day anything? On defense we are a big Vince/mayo combination disaster from bottom dwellers. Hopefully we stay healthy, get some timely breaks our way and dominate every team thrown our way. for the moment, I'll stand pat with last years 13-3.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

14-2 or 15-1. It all depends on the draft though really, if we trade back and don't pick up any impact players on defense perhaps 12-4.

I usually go with 12-13 wins, nothing makes me want to change that annual prediction, we all so spoiled... compare these predictions to about 28 other teams in the league..

I went with 12-4 last year, and I'm sticking with it again, even though the Pats let me down by going 13-3 ;).

Don't ask me which will be wins and which will be losses. The Pats always lose a few that I don't expect (last season Buffalo and the Giants [both times, d%#*!@t!]) and win a few I think might be losses (San Diego or the 1st Jets game).

Can't wait for the draft and the season!!

Premature thread ejaculation

10 wins or less would be a disaster. Some serious injuries would need to have happened.

I say 12-13 solid wins for elite teams, which the pats are. Anything above that takes some luck.

Premature thread ejaculation

Agreed

I know we are all starved for some football talk,but to elaborate of what this team will do or won't do before a roster is actually close to reality is pretty dog gone stupid to do in early April.

One thing to think about is that Super Bowl loser jinx ....IIAC without checking into it,Its been RARE for the past 2 decades that the SB loser has any season even near 12 wins in the next season.

And we all know how our hopes were dashed in 2008 to get back after the SB loss when #12 took a few snaps and called it a year.

I have pretty much the same system, where I see 12-4 as a very achievable goal just about every year.

However, my losses always remain the same every year, without getting into specifics.

I see a home loss, an away loss, a divisional loss, and a loss in a game that we weren't expecting.

It's a realistic enough formula, and although it's not always correct, it seems like a good place to start.

I'm pretty much the same way - and tend to default to 11-5 each season.

WHAT you say? How can a team that has an improved offense and hopefully defense not improve on last year's record.

It doesn't work that way folks - every year is different - and every other team has tried to improve as well. Like just about every season they'll win some games you expect them to lose, and lose some games you expect them to win.

As far as specifics, I would not be shocked to see them split their series with the Bills and the Jets. Nor would I be shocked by a loss to the Ravens, Texans, or Broncos.

In the end they will likely win some of those and potentially lose a game or two we think of as an easy win as of now.

The important thing is, at 11-5 you assume that's good enough for the playoffs and hope they are healthy and peaking at the right time (i.e. in 2007 they were 16-0 but definitely were NOT peaking in the playoffs, and in fact had become very predictable). That's what's important come January, regardless of how much one wants home field and a bye.

14-2, 1st round bye. They will return to the AFC Championship and then we'll see what happens.

14-2, 1st round bye. They will return to the AFC Championship and then we'll see what happens.

That's my prediction as well, even with the draft still to come we've upgraded the team quite a bit. AFC looked pretty weak last season and no signs yet of other teams getting significantly stronger, except Buffalo and they're Buffalo. Who knows how Peyton will do this year.

Last edited:
I think we will go 19-0. I would be surprised/disappointed if we lost more than 3 games, and very disappointed in anything that didn't end in a Superbowl victory. That's the kind of expectations BB has set by winning so much. It's really kind of awesome.

4-0 Pre Season
16-0 Regular Season
3-0 Post Season

No losses once we make the playoffs.

Who am I kidding, I want to see success and my first statement happen, but want to enjoy the team and see how it comes together. Way toio early for me to see predications and while I'm usually close on win/loss, I stink at predicting who they'd lose to.

Funny this thread shows up. I was just looking back at the Sporting News NFL preview for 2011, and man, they were pretty much spot on. They had us going 13-3, had us beating Baltimore in the AFC Championship Game, and had us losing in the Super Bowl (unfortunately). Their only mixup was they had us losing to Green Bay in the SB. Pretty uncanny. So I will wait for their 2012 NFL preview before I provide my prediction ;-).

16-0 if we use our first 4 picks on defense

I'll shore things up better once we get past the draft but given the ease of next year's schedule, I'll be inclined to say 14-2 or 15-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3