PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your Typical Bills Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You're Typical Bills Fan

Yes, I think that Randy Moss is better than Terrell Owens, in a heartbeat.

See above. Clearly not.

Last edited:

See above. Clearly not.

The difference is that Moss can be a team player and has demonstrated that with the Patriots, Owens has been a source of disruption for every team that he has played for.

That is a lot more important for a team, and that is why I would take Moss over Owens.

But you guys will find out about Owens by game 6 when he starts his BS.

The difference is that Moss can be a team player and has demonstrated that with the Patriots, Owens has been a source of disruption for every team that he has played for.

That is a lot more important for a team, and that is why I would take Moss over Owens.

But you guys will find out about Owens by game 6 when he starts his BS.

We'll see. If Randy Moss can take plays off in Oakland and come and play for the Pats and cause no problems, why can't T.O.?

We'll see. If Randy Moss can take plays off in Oakland and come and play for the Pats and cause no problems, why can't T.O.?

Again, Owens has been doing his BS act for for every team he has played on, the Eagles the Cowboys, some pretty decent organizations that had a chance to make the playoffs. Moss, when he had a chance to play for an organization like the Patriots, remember the lessons he learned from Chris Carter when he was with the Vikings and became a team player with us.

Owens is a different story and Bills fans are going to find out pretty quickly what he is all about, hell he could not be bothered to show up for the voluntary workout, a perfect chance to show that he is going to be a team player, if that does not tell you something about Owens, I don't know what else will.

You heard me correctly. As a matter of fact Randy Moss is a future HOF as well, not as good as T.O. but still. Can't argue with stats.

Terrell Owens:

Rec. Yds. Avg. TD's

951 14,122 14.8 139

Randy Moss:

843 13,201 15.7 135

Jerry Rice:

1549 22895 14.8 197

Not sure what point you're trying to make, but the fact that Moss has 4 less TDs than Owens despite T.O. having caught 108 more passes CLEARLY shows that Moss is the better WR.

Dallas fan here - honestly, I didn't think TO was all that bad of a teammate. Despite all these stories that popped up last year(i.e. Owens upset with Romo in the locker room, Owens upset b/c he thought Romo and Witten were designing plays behind his back, Owens disrespecting Jason Garrett and bragging about it, Owens dividing the locker room, etc), it was nothing but he said/she said 3rd party stuff(never recalled Owens throwing Romo, Witten, Garrett, Wade, or anyone under the bus publicly last year).

However - it's the MEDIA BAGGAGE following him that wears on the team. Whether he portrays himself as a model teammate, drops a few passes, takes a crap, sneezes, or whatever, BSPN et al will be following him around and reporting even the most BS stories 24/7. Over the long haul, it just WEARS on the TEAM as everyone, from coaches to players, are constantly asked even the most mundane questions instead of using this time to prepare et al for upcoming games.

Ultimately - it even wore on my fan base as time chugged along. We were constantly debating all this, we were constantly worried if TSHTF on any given day, etc, etc. I'm just glad we don't have to deal with this anymore. Are we out of the woodworks, completely? We're not holding our breaths - Wade, Romo, Garrett have NO excuses if they screw up this upcoming season. If Romo keeps taking chances and throws picks, he doesn't have this "But I was trying to make #81 happy" excuse. If Garrett keeps abandoning the run game, he too doesn't have this "But I was trying to make #81 happy" excuse either. If Wade continues to not install discipline, then he doesn't have this, "But the players were angry b/c with all the coddling we give #81, they don't find it fair how they're getting their fannies whipped" excuse. Also - our other receivers BETTER run good routes this year - now that #81 is out of the picture, they too don't have this "But we were dogging it b/c all the plays were to make #81 happy" excuse.

Again, Owens has been doing his BS act for for every team he has played on, the Eagles the Cowboys, some pretty decent organizations that had a chance to make the playoffs. Moss, when he had a chance to play for an organization like the Patriots, remember the lessons he learned from Chris Carter when he was with the Vikings and became a team player with us.

Owens is a different story and Bills fans are going to find out pretty quickly what he is all about, hell he could not be bothered to show up for the voluntary workout, a perfect chance to show that he is going to be a team player, if that does not tell you something about Owens, I don't know what else will.

Randy Moss acted the exact same way T.O. acts before he came to the Patriots. The reason he keeps his mouth shut now, they win.

Not sure what point you're trying to make, but the fact that Moss has 4 less TDs than Owens despite T.O. having caught 108 more passes CLEARLY shows that Moss is the better WR.

I was backing up my statement that I called T.O. a HOF. I was showing his numbers to justify my claim that he is or could be a HOF some day.

They are both HOF'ers - they will end their careers as 2nd and 3rd on the all time list, they just cant catch Rice. TO has also had 2 extra years in the league and is over 3 years older than Randy - and what was the difference in TDs - yep only 4 (actually if you count post season its TO 4 and RM 8 - so a tie!!)

Can we count the number of dropped balls ;)

They are both HOF'ers - they will end their careers as 2nd and 3rd on the all time list, they just cant catch Rice. TO has also had 2 extra years in the league and is over 3 years older than Randy - and what was the difference in TDs - yep only 4 (actually if you count post season its TO 4 and RM 8 - so a tie!!)

Can we count the number of dropped balls ;)

You'll get no argument from me on the dropped balls. I just want the guy to teach the team how to win, even if he does nothing else.

You'll get no argument from me on the dropped balls. I just want the guy to teach the team how to win, even if he does nothing else.

It would be nice to see TO doing a number on the Jets defense. Seriously though imagine how the Jets and Fish feel now that they have 2 games a season against TO/Evans and 2 against Randy/WWW/JG (Galloway not Gaffney).

Hope it works out - though not against us of course!

I think that it may be a tad premature to say Owens or Moss are HOF. The only lock on the Patriots for HOF is Tom Brady

I think that it may be a tad premature to say Owens or Moss are HOF. The only lock on the Patriots for HOF is Tom Brady

That can't be disputed.

Well, you have a right to your opinion. I was born and raised in Buffalo and there are still some good people that live there, so you can understand my defending it. As far as Brady's injury, I can honestly say I did not cheer for it. I have said it before, I would have liked for the Bills to beat the Pats with Brady at the helm, that way there's no excuses and obviously a victory would have been way more satisfying. Cheering for an injury or wishing harm on someone is the most low down, dirty and classless thing you can do and it's out of pure jealousy that it was done.

I went to school in Buffalo, went to Bills games (usually had a great time) and still have great friends there who are great people.
That being said.... I agree that the place is a hole and has little or nothing going for it. My friends in Buffalo actually share that opinion but for them it is familiar, home and where friends and family are. When you take that into account (the human element), the place is more attractive than anywhere else for folks who grew up there. Also, yeah its a hole compared to better places in the US, but its not like its the third world or something (the sun still shines, they have internet, cable TV, great restaurants, nightlife, etc.).
I woudn't ever think of living there, but if my family and friends were there it might be a pretty tough choice (I wouldn't defend it and make it sound like Shangri-la though...get real).

I went to school in Buffalo, went to Bills games (usually had a great time) and still have great friends there who are great people.
That being said.... I agree that the place is a hole and has little or nothing going for it. My friends in Buffalo actually share that opinion but for them it is familiar, home and where friends and family are. When you take that into account (the human element), the place is more attractive than anywhere else for folks who grew up there. Also, yeah its a hole compared to better places in the US, but its not like its the third world or something (the sun still shines, they have internet, cable TV, great restaurants, nightlife, etc.).
I woudn't ever think of living there, but if my family and friends were there it might be a pretty tough choice (I wouldn't defend it and make it sound like Shangri-la though...get real).

I'm not trying to make out it to be a Utopia or anything. It's just that Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Fair enough, its still in the States which is more than good enough for me :singing:

I'm not trying to make out it to be a Utopia or anything. It's just that Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem and I wouldn't have it any other way.

haha buffalo is prob a lot like fargo...its cold, it snows a lot, people love football, it is the butt of many jokes, and drinking is more than just a hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back