Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Which one is your favorite? :)

XLIX

LI

LIII

I like LI. The greatest comeback in NFL history and then the roar of the crowd when a beaming Brady was shown. Wish I could find video for the other 3.

Wish I could play that song entering the office. :D

Belichick and Brady seem to be legitimately at their happiest in the latest one.
Might get boo’ed off the stage like RG, but I wonder if THEY wonder if this was their last one... those two guys will not be complacent and they have proven to be tough, resilient winners with unparalleled work ethic and fire.

BUT, the season was up n down. The playoffs were driven by players like Hightower, Gronk, Edelman, Flowers, Brown... there’s a realistic chance 3/5 of those are gone and DH’s best days are behind him at this point. A 2012-13 type reload might be on the horizon and NE could be looking at a couple of years of “being very good, but not a champ”.

Even when everything is great, championships are tough. I think both BB & TB are smart enough to know SB 53 could easily be the final one (though I won’t put money against that crazy duo).

My favorite is whichever one it was that had a--hole Kurt Warner having to carry the trophy out with this fake smile pasted on his face.
Though it's also hard to argue with SB51 and the boos.

LI was the best for two reasons.

1. You had Terry Bradshaw basically corronating Brady and Belichick as the GOATs. I'll never forget Bradshaw calling Belichick a "young man".

2. Goodell gets what came to him.

Also can we talk about how in the last 3 the people handing out the trophy were

49. Kurt Warner who probably wanted nothing to do with giving Brady another trophy (though to be fair, Kurt's probably the least salty of the GSOT team regardling the Patriots and actually has routinely praised the organization).

51. Strahan who was probably the key orchestrator of our worst loss.

53. Namath which probably killed Jets fans

LI was the best for two reasons.

1. You had Terry Bradshaw basically corronating Brady and Belichick as the GOATs. I'll never forget Bradshaw calling Belichick a "young man".

2. Goodell gets what came to him.
Bradshaw said TB was the GOAT before that. Having Joe Namath carrying the trophy to the podium was priceless.

Also can we talk about how in the last 3 the people handing out the trophy were

49. Kurt Warner who probably wanted nothing to do with giving Brady another trophy (though to be fair, Kurt's probably the least salty of the GSOT team regardling the Patriots and actually has routinely praised the organization).

51. Strahan who was probably the key orchestrator of our worst loss.

53. Namath which probably killed Jets fans

OTOH, we did have Willie McGinest for 51 and Vince Wilfork for 53 to even things out. On marching through the crowd, 53 wins, although 51 is close(ish).

51 was so great because, while I was really worked up about Goodell before the game, I forgot about him when we went down big, and in the insanity of the comeback.

So it wasn't until right before the presentation that I remembered and was like "Oh yeah -- possibly the craziest comeback in American sports history and the sealing of the GOAT status -- and we also get this presentation that I've been waiting for months to see." It was almost an afterthought from that game until it happened.

What I was not expecting was just how loud the thunderous boos would be that rained down on Goodell during that presentation. Obviously the only fans that stayed around were Patriots fans, so that's all you heard when Goodell was talking. It represented two years of pent-up outrage over Deflategate for all of us. You could see how uncomfortable that made him, and how satisfied it made the Patriots.

Before the game, people on this board said that if we won, they wanted Brady to insult Goodell during his postgame speech. He didn't have to -- the fans said everything that needed to be said.

Last edited:
As TB says, "the next one."

Edit to add: I see someone already used that.

Last edited:
I think both BB & TB are smart enough to know SB 53 could easily be the final one (though I won’t put money against that crazy duo).
Belichick to Brady while hugging:

“We’ll be back, too.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes