PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your favorite Lombardi trophy presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it was the worst of their super bowl victories, I'll go with SB 53 as the best presentation.

Why?

Well, when they won the first three I was an engaged, college kid. With this last one my two older kids (11 and 8) could appreciate what they were watching and it was fun to celebrate with them. That's how it was for me, so it was really cool to see Brady (with his daughter) and BB (with his grand-daughter) celebrate with the younger ones too.

Even Strahan looked like he was having fun in that line walking up with the trophy telling Pats players “you gotta kiss it man” lol

And he would have no reason to be salty or jealous either, with every Brady Super Bowl victory the legend of Strahan's NY Giants grows (as much as it pains me to say that)

I think I blacked out from booing so loud while being on cloud 9 after that surreal comeback for Super Bowl 51. The best memory of my life. The juxtaposition of deafening boos at Goodell right to the massive cheer of Brady raising the Lombardi - that will never be topped. Also, I think that's the only presentation where it looked like Brady teared up. He had a lot on his mind, obviously - his mom having cancer (her first game of the year), the suspension, the comeback, etc. I'm tearing up thinking about it.

I just had to watch 51 condensed again. Is this not gold?

14c99d21850164c8815674d19c7f8598.jpg

Right after the game Belichick told Brady and Edelman “we’ll be back, too.” That doesn’t sound like someone resigned to the idea this may be their last one. While I agree there are a lot of roster challenges, they don’t have any dead contracts to eat, have 12 draft picks, and suddenly have some young talent to build around in Michel, Jackson, and Gilmore (not young, but it’s so hard to get a shutdown CB in his prime). The offensive line is still relatively young as well. They have a lot of needs and a lot of resources. The 2018 draft may be the one we were waiting for. Wynn, Dawson, and Bentley could be impact players too.
I agree they have a chance to repeat, but it’s tough and while they have players with promise, there are many questions surrounding the most important contributors this postseason.

Also, people say stuff :
“Does this make me look fat ?”
-of course not, dear
“Teacher,do you like me ?”
-yes, Billy
“Let’s always keep in touch”
-it’s a given

I just love listening to kraft and thinking how infuriating it must be for haters to listen to another one of his drunken, long winded acceptance speeches . Its a 6 way tie for me

Of the three, clearly 51. The Suspension. The Comeback. Goodell booed off the stage. What a great moment.

But, as a long time Pats fan, nothing will ever be greater for me than 36, the first, after decades of waiting.

On to Seven!

My favorite is whichever one it was that had a--hole Kurt Warner having to carry the trophy out with this fake smile pasted on his face.
Though it's also hard to argue with SB51 and the boos.
That was a classic!

I still like SB 36 the best, with Brady standing on the stage with his hands on his head, shaking his head at his family in the stands where you know he is thinking, "Can you believe this?!?" Tie for runner up for 2015 and 2017 as for both it was unbelievable (again) and pretty much in one single moment just before that we actually won those games.

They're all my favorite.

2001 because it was the first and I got to see it on the boob tube with our two sons. I can still hear my oldest son's voice when the Rams scored to tie it up and he said, "there still some time left." I only wish my dad had lived to see it with us.

2003 because it took away the fluke label that the haters wanted to attach to the team after the 2002 season.

2004 because it followed the longest winning streak in NYFL history and officially put the Pats in the dynasty category.

2014 because of the way the SB ended and how it came after a disgusting attack by the NYFL on the integrity of our team and it's QB (the last person that they should have gone after).

2016 because of the greatest comeback in SB history (by a country mile btw) and that it came after the GOAT was wrongfully suspended for a quarter of the season.

2018 because it came when the haters (and even some of our own fans) had the Pats dead and buried during the season.

The next one.

Last edited:
The one with Kurt Warner lol.

I agree they have a chance to repeat, but it’s tough and while they have players with promise, there are many questions surrounding the most important contributors this postseason.

Also, people say stuff :
“Does this make me look fat ?”
-of course not, dear
“Teacher,do you like me ?”
-yes, Billy
“Let’s always keep in touch”
-it’s a given

Buzzkill!!!!! :mad::p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back