PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your 2010 Binkies

Status
Not open for further replies.
NT Mt. Cody - won a national championship playing in OUR DEFENSE!!!!!!!
ILB McClain - won a national championship playing in OUR DEFENSE!!!!!!!
OG Mike Johnson - versatile, experienced and excelled in a zone blocking scheme.
P Zoltan - love the name.

I wonder if Zoltan runs onto the field in a suit of bubble wrap every now and then??
(I'd insert a pic/link here but I don't have enough posts damnit)

Golden Tate is my main binkie. A guy that you cannot lose out with. I think he will be a superstar in this league. He just is so talented in so many ways. I really think if he is available for our first round pick that he is coming here due to his diversity and we all know Belichick loves that.
Somebody mentioned a Faulk comparison, well he has played taliback and he would be great as a third down back if needed. He is an excellent kick/punt returner. He can beat players with quickness and speed, he can break tackles and always seems to make extra yards after the catch, his situational awareness is amazing, he can jump extremely high and he wins fights for the ball too, he is just so tough. This past season with the injury to Michael Floyd(very possibly one of my binkies next year) he was doubled teamed a lot and he still had huge production. Please, please, please let us get him!

AJ Edds An OLB who I think is very underratted is my big value binkie, he is projected to be a fourth round pick by a lot of people. I think he is going to get better and better as the years go by, he just has that make up about him.

Dan LeFevour He makes it big in the NFL, I don't expect him to start in his first year but I do think he will develop into a really good starter. Great arm, he needs to develop a pocket presence but he is accurate throwing on the run and he does scramble very well. It will take a year maybe two to get him ready but he is a project that will work out big time.

Eric Olsen Another guy from a Notre Dame offense that I believe was loaded with talent this past year. He moved to Center this past year but I think he will be an outstanding guard in the NFL. Another guy projected to go pretty late in the draft.

Besides them I have two other binkies from college football that I just know are going to be huge at the next level but I don't expect the Patriots have a shot at either and they are Jimmy Clausen and Tim Tebow. I have to admit I'm a huge Tebow fan and I believe the guy's drive and determination ensures he makes it big in the NFL. Clausen for me is just pure class, no question about it.

Last edited:
My one and true binky is jahvid best. The way he hits holes seems like a perfect fit with our quick linemen. If we get him, I believe we would see the return of the rb screen(less wr screens) and sweeps because he has the speed to turn the corner.

If I had to choose a second binky it would be spiller. Spiller loves to bounce his run to the outside but that could be a good thing in our offense because at the moment none of our backs seem to even try to bounce it out and there are yards to be had. Its to the point that i wonder if teams even bother practice setting the edge when they play us. This is just as bad as teams dropping everyone into coverage and knowing that Brady will most likely not run for it on third and two even if the line parts like the red sea. Spiller's mere presence would change the way teams prepare to defend the run and maybe our inbetween the tackles runs would be more effective.

What i dont like about spiller is the way that he hits the hole. This is the main reason why I like Best better. As fast as spiller is, it seems like he is quickly walking through the hole instead of running and he runs too upright. I think he would be good but i'll take Best's speed ftw.

NT Mt. Cody - won a national championship playing in OUR DEFENSE!!!!!!!
ILB McClain - won a national championship playing in OUR DEFENSE!!!!!!!
OG Mike Johnson - versatile, experienced and excelled in a zone blocking scheme.
P Zoltan - love the name.

YouTube - ZOLTAN!
haha i love it!!

My binkies-
ILB Rolando McClain, DE/OLB Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB Brandon Graham, RB Jahvid Best, and WR Golden Tate.

#1 Sergio Kindle, OLB Texas maybe not the pure pass rusher that. Hughes, is but kindle is a 3 down LB that can come in and make a impact now.

#2 Arthur Jones, DE Syracuse. late 2th round pick because of injury but when i watch him play he looks so much like seymour. the way he gets out on the edge and stops the run and can brake through a double team to get to the QB.

#3 Jonathan Dwyer, RB Georgia Tech. 6. 235lbs the pats need a power back bad i think he would be a great fit for the pats.

#4 Golden Tate, WR Notre Dame. he is only 5.11 195lbs but when u watch him he plays biger then he's size kinda like steve smith of the panthers.

#5 Mike Iupati, G Idaho. the pats need defense but if they call he's name in the first round i would not mind at all. i don't think he will be as good as mankins, but he is a upgrade over a ageing neal.

#6 Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB Indiana of Pennsylvania. he is a 3rd or 4th round pick he is a good kick returner now. and in a year or two could turn in to a big time play makeer at CB.

#7 Zoltan Mesko, P Michigan. the pats need a punter and i think he would be a good fit.

McCluster
Gilyard
Graham
Anthony McCoy

Carlton Mitchell, WR

that's all so far....

some of you - i don't know...part of being a binky is that it's extra special to you....at some point, it's just another baby blanket.

Rolando McClain
Sergio Kindle
CJ Spiller
Jermaine Gresham

Gilyard
Hernandez
DUNLAP!!!!!!
Kyle Wison
D. Williams (only if Wilfork walks)
Spiller
Riley Cooper
Jordan Shipley
Arthur Jones
J. Estes C Hawaii
E.J. Wilson DE NC
Stafon Jonson
Brandon James RB UF

Really deep draft should be a fun couple of days.

Carlos Dunlap - Would be a pretty good edge rusher in our system. Has a combination of size, speed, and power that would make him the next McGinest in our system.

Jonathan Dwyer - Bruising power back who, for some reason, reminds me of Corey Dillon. He would look good sharing time with Maroney in our backfield.

Golden Tate - Would be a Darren Sproles type option for us. Able to catch passes on screens out of the backfield (is good in space) and split wide in our offense. Best thing is that he has already played in our type of system before in Notre Dame and is smart. If he's still there at the beginning of the second, I hope we grab him.

Ben Tate
Hughes
Worilds

Would cornering the market on the Tates improve their value?

Adding Golden and Ben to Brandon would create a bit of a monopoly for the Pats....would Polian and the competition committee step in?

Golden Tate.

Familiar with the system. Reminds me of Branch.

Golden Tate.

I don't know, he seems much much better than Branch athletically .

It's between him and Graham for my binkies.

Graham, Gilyard, and Hernandez (in no particular order).

some of you - i don't know...part of being a binky is that it's extra special to you....at some point, it's just another baby blanket.

Definitely. :rocker:

Last year: Frantz ("the Kaiser") Joseph -- now lighting it up for the Edmonton Eskimos, having failed to make the roster in Oakland. (!) This year: C.J. Spiller ...

1. Dexter McCluster, RB

Don't strike me as a "between the tackles" back, but does strike me as a back that can add another dimension to an offense with his speed and ability to catch the ball.

2. Micah Johnson, MLB

When he looks good on tape, he looks amazing. Unfortunately, when he looks bad, he looks really bad. Here is hoping he can be coached to look good more often than not.

3. Corey Wootton, DE

Seems to have size that compares well to Richard Seymour and Ty Warren. I've liked what I've seen from him.

4. Kyle Wilson, CB

His performance at the senior bowl was praiseworthy. Especially from me, for what it is worth.

5. Jared Odrick, DT

Clearly a guy that is moving up the charts, or should be at least. I see him hyped up much like Barwin was last year, except the talent at DT is deep enough to keep in him the low first round to the second round.

Golden Tate.

I'm not sure that I understand this. Seems to me that the Pats haven't really run a specifically "Weis System" offensively since 2006. What would there be left for Tate to be familiar with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back