PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your 2010 Binkies

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJ Spiller. Been my favorite college RB for the last 3 years. I love this guy.

I'm not sure that I understand this. Seems to me that the Pats haven't really run a specifically "Weis System" offensively since 2006. What would there be left for Tate to be familiar with?

The Pats still run the Erhardt-Perkins offensive system. It has elements of the spread in it but the bare bones are still there. That's the same system they run at Notre Dame. Tate would certainly have some new things to learn but the plus to that factor is that he's extremely bright. Combine that with the fact that he's familiar with things already and you have the one receiver in the draft most likely to come in and make an impact from day one.

EDIT: It would do people good who still have lingering doubts about Tate and what he knows to read these sections from Wikipedia...

This offense often uses "the run to set up the pass" via play-action passing, faking the run in order to throw deep downfield when the defense is least expecting it. Despite its reputation, this system is not always a run first offense. Erhardt commonly ran the system in his later years spread wide open with multiple receivers (earning the moniker "Air Erhardt"), as NFL rules evolved to benefit the passing game. As a result of this influence, the Patriots will frequently run this offense with five potential receivers and an empty backfield should a favorable matchup present itself or as a function of available personnel. With the addition of Randy Moss and Wes Welker to the Patriots offense in 2007, the Patriots placed an emphasis on a wide open passing attack (with record setting results).[5]

Parcells ran the Erhardt-Perkins offensive system during his pro coaching years, which is where Weis originally learned it.[citation needed] Many teams coached by members of the Parcells-Belichick coaching tree currently use this system, such as Notre Dame under Weis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots_strategy#Erhardt-Perkins_offensive_system

Last edited:
Greg Hardy is my main binky.

Secondary binkies: Rolando McClain, Golden Tate, Aaron Hernandez, Dan LeFevour, Dexter McCluster

Kindle,Graham,Piere-Paul,Tate and Gresham. I'd be very happy if they drafted 2 of these guys. All of them imo would make an impact year 1.

Sure McClain is a Binky but he seems more like a pipe dream to me. So why even bother? Besides, best draft class in years and they are going to trade away the sweet spots for 1 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back