PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Young at #1 overall??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Here's my theory...
-Texans have a new coach and #1 overall pick. That just stinks of a QB selection.
-Texans hire offensive coordinator as HC.
-New HC is former OC of Denver Broncos.
-Denver Broncos as far back as I can remember liked to move around their QB with the NFL version of the option (bootleg passes)
-Texans have the WR's and RB's to run the shotgun, spread offense.
-Vince Young is highly mobile and ran the shotgun offense in college.

Wouldn't it be amazing if one game can lift a guy from a late 1st/early 2nd to the #1 overall. Could even be taken ahead of the two most dominant offensive players over the last few years (leinhart, bush).

They've announced they're picking up the $8M option on Carr. So unless that changes I doubt it. I'd try to trade it if I were them, as good as Bush might be, Dominick Davis isn't the problem there.

If I were GM I'd be doing everything in my power to get players and/or multiple picks for that #1. Until Houston gets an OL and a decent defense no individual would be very helpful.

jeffd said:
If I were GM I'd be doing everything in my power to get players and/or multiple picks for that #1. Until Houston gets an OL and a decent defense no individual would be very helpful.
Agreed, if they could trade down and get multiple picks but still get a top ten guy that's the way to go. Go down to 6 or 7 and pick up an extra #1 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back