PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Young at #1 overall??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Here's my theory...
-Texans have a new coach and #1 overall pick. That just stinks of a QB selection.
-Texans hire offensive coordinator as HC.
-New HC is former OC of Denver Broncos.
-Denver Broncos as far back as I can remember liked to move around their QB with the NFL version of the option (bootleg passes)
-Texans have the WR's and RB's to run the shotgun, spread offense.
-Vince Young is highly mobile and ran the shotgun offense in college.

Wouldn't it be amazing if one game can lift a guy from a late 1st/early 2nd to the #1 overall. Could even be taken ahead of the two most dominant offensive players over the last few years (leinhart, bush).

They've announced they're picking up the $8M option on Carr. So unless that changes I doubt it. I'd try to trade it if I were them, as good as Bush might be, Dominick Davis isn't the problem there.

If I were GM I'd be doing everything in my power to get players and/or multiple picks for that #1. Until Houston gets an OL and a decent defense no individual would be very helpful.

jeffd said:
If I were GM I'd be doing everything in my power to get players and/or multiple picks for that #1. Until Houston gets an OL and a decent defense no individual would be very helpful.
Agreed, if they could trade down and get multiple picks but still get a top ten guy that's the way to go. Go down to 6 or 7 and pick up an extra #1 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back