PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You Have Insufficient Privileges To Reply Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think that the game day thread was bad, check out this gem, a since-locked "postgame" thread started at 7:56 PM lamenting the terrible end of our season, including people saying Brady looks old and Jimmy G should take over!

We're on to 2017 Post Game Thread

Oh my God!!
jester.gif

Don't take this the wrong way, Brother Beach...But I think I love you!! :D

I had no Idea that this Thread existed!! I'll have to troll for others!! :D

This will get many disagrees and dislikes, but for once that thread was legit and any criticism is just cliche. The team looked like dog sh*t for damn near three full quarters. I don't see how anyone can convince me that even half of the fan base thought the Pats would legitimately come back, especially after ATL went up 28-3.

Try again.

You've badly misunderstood and misrepresented the point of this Thread.

Expecting to come back from 28-3 does not equal "being a good fan."

And nobody here is saying that.

I will admit I said "game over" after the pick 6. But that was in the moment.

I'm sure that you and many other loyal Fans felt the same way. Perfectly reasonable.

I can't imagine anyone thinking less of any'f you for saying or thinking that.

As long as you didn't declare that Brady sucks or that Mad Bill sucks or that the Patriots suck, your Credit's good with me. ;)

I don't think they were nearly as rattled as anyone else in that position would have been.

"As" rattled?? o_O

As a SocioPath is born bereft of the "Conscience" Gene, so, tragically, were Brothers Mad Bill and Tom Brady born bereft of the "Rattled" Gene. :D

I'm with you, Grid. Standing by your team when you expect defeat is part of what we (should) do.

I would never torment myself by going into the Gameday thread, but I have a rule that I always watch every snap -- even Eli in victory formation.

But I don't have to listen to the announcers. So we switched off the sound during the third quarter. And that was great. My daughter's roommate's boyfriend is very knowledgeable about football and, between us, we caught all of the calls and penalties. And, beyond that, well thanks to Allagash and Jack's Abby for therapeutic assistance.

So, when the comeback of all time started to happen, it was like watching in a dream. And I still can't believe it (the Falcons reeling off those two big plays and then not running the ball and the clock -- seriously?)

I was extremely pissed at how the O-line was playing throughout most of the thread, but I stayed and never turned off the channel. And I maintained hope the whole time, knowing that with the way they were playing, something had to give the other way eventually, and then after that who knows.

Really, if you didn't turn off the TV like a lot of people clearly did, then you probably had some small level of faith in the team. Unless the only reason you continued to watch was to rub it in on the GDT like the posters mentioned earlier.

I gave up at halftime but...I had too much shrimp, lobster tail and gameday chili nachos left so I stuck it out to the end. The good news is we ended up winning. The bad news is, I'm a nervous eater. I ended up fatter than Fat Ba$tard from the Austin Powers movie.

Ive posted ONCE in a gameday thread in the 16 years(off and on ) I've been on this board. And that post was basically a wtf? I've only looked in on those threads maybe 3x since 2001.

No disrespect to the REAL fans who enjoy them, tho I don't understand why you subject yourself to that bs, but its mostly a bunch of panic- stricken whiny *****es like that Dafoe character.

What in the world do they do when they face REAL adversity in life? I guess that's what the Tobin is for.

I hate the game day threads. The only time all season I looked was when the pats were struggling with the jests. I was looking for humor.

My brother texted me at half time of the super bowl. He said: The patriots always suck in the first half, right?

I replied (wanting to comfort him): Always. Plus we have Tom ****ing Brady!

He replied at the end of the game that I was the only reason he kept watching. He works his ass off and could have gone to bed. But, TfB!

The GDT's used to be a great companion piece to the games itself for many years. It's one of the reasons I signed up here. In my opinion after SB49 the GDT's have taken a nose dive. Yes, I understand it's all about knee jerk reactions, but ************ there's been posts after the offense goes three and out on the first series and you'll see "welp seasons over" etc, etc...

Kirsch Word's (patriots.com) is my go to for games, if anybody hasn't checked it out,try it out next season.

I'm with you, Grid. Standing by your team when you expect defeat is part of what we (should) do.

I would never torment myself by going into the Gameday thread, but I have a rule that I always watch every snap -- even Eli in victory formation.

But I don't have to listen to the announcers. So we switched off the sound during the third quarter. And that was great. My daughter's roommate's boyfriend is very knowledgeable about football and, between us, we caught all of the calls and penalties. And, beyond that, well thanks to Allagash and Jack's Abby for therapeutic assistance.

So, when the comeback of all time started to happen, it was like watching in a dream. And I still can't believe it (the Falcons reeling off those two big plays and then not running the ball and the clock -- seriously?)

Good Stuff, Brother Mike. Good Stuff.

I'm blessed with some awesome Company for the Big Games ~ my Bro ~ and even better Company for the PlayOffs and SuperBowl ~ my Nephew, his best Friend, and, ultimately, my Cousin ~ and they're all at various levels of FootBall Knowledge. I pretty much do the Play By Play when we're together.

They're very understanding, these Gents. :p

Test

Edit. Thread title misleading OP

...its mostly a bunch of panic- stricken whiny *****es like that Dafoe character. What in the world do they do when they face REAL adversity in life? I guess that's what the Tobin is for.

Beautiful!!
jester.gif
beer.gif

The GDT's used to be a great companion piece to the games itself for many years. It's one of the reasons I signed up here. In my opinion after SB49 the GDT's have taken a nose dive. Yes, I understand it's all about knee jerk reactions, but ************ there's been posts after the offense goes three and out on the first series and you'll see "welp seasons over" etc, etc...

For Entertainment Purposes Only, Bro!! :D

Yeah? How so? :)
Exactly.
We all know that Ian would have dinged a thread with the Title: "Calling out all you whiny *****es who pissed down your legs in the Game Day Thread."

....just sayin'

This will get many disagrees and dislikes, but for once that thread was legit and any criticism is just cliche. The team looked like dog sh*t for damn near three full quarters. I don't see how anyone can convince me that even half of the fan base thought the Pats would legitimately come back, especially after ATL went up 28-3. Only because I know few things in life are absolute, I'll concede that there were definitely fans out there who continued to believe, probably only because that's just how they think normally, but they are the minority. Every Pats fan at the bar was dejected. People stopped eating. They stopped standing. It was quiet. What happened last night will be celebrated for more than just being the fifth ring. That was the biggest comeback in NFL SB history! NE, other than sheer will and a QB like TB12, a player we'll never see again when he does finally walk away, had no business winning that game. C'mon. Let's not mar the most improbable SB win of all time to name calling, pointing fingers and going at each other. That makes us the fans of other teams that we despise and laugh at.

I can understand the anger with some fans if others are negative enough. The replace Brady crowd would rank #1 in that regard. I also think that most fans, myself included, were not as confident as they could have been because it was 28-3 late in the 3rd and the team was playing like crap.

Nothing.

I'm not in the habit of talking to myself.
50dc385b7efa6e5d5557c2b2

Lmao, what I said was in reference tomyour avatar, and my first post was intended to be a joke, Not sure if you picked up on it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes