PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yes i am lobbying for my boy on the Pats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he has a good story and all that. But he's not an OLB, and he's not going to crack the top 4 at ILB.

Meh......you just like him because you envision a second coming of Bruschi, don't you?

I read today that Herzlich is one of the players invited to participate in the Draft in New York. Does the NFL know something .... like a team wil draft him early??? I am sure they would not invite him, knowing his comeback story, only to have him embarrassed by not getting selected until late.

Would some local team that has multiple picks in day one and two, who has ties to Willie McGinest (who conducted that drill piece) and has seen him play locally for 4 years be willing to take a chance on him with the possibility of a big reward. Stash him on PUP while he gets stronger and another year away from his Ewings Sarcoma???

I read today that Herzlich is one of the players invited to participate in the Draft in New York. Does the NFL know something .... like a team wil draft him early??? I am sure they would not invite him, knowing his comeback story, only to have him embarrassed by not getting selected until late.

Would some local team that has multiple picks in day one and two, who has ties to Willie McGinest (who conducted that drill piece) and has seen him play locally for 4 years be willing to take a chance on him with the possibility of a big reward. Stash him on PUP while he gets stronger and another year away from his Ewings Sarcoma???
If that were the case I'm sure the NFL wouldn't know about it.

Meh......you just like him because you envision a second coming of Bruschi, don't you?

I like him because he's a leader, intelligent and a playmaker.

Something this team is lacking at times. Someone who can be all three at once.

The guy was a stud first round pick. He had a bad bounce back year after his recovery but at the same time he had no training before the season. He pretty much started game 1 without any training and became pretty effective the 2nd half of last season. The guy is 6'5'' 245 lbs and not only can rush the passer effectively but is NOT a liability in coverage.

This team needs a mark herzlich.

I felt the same way about Laurinatis last year and look at what hes done in st louis.

The guy was a stud first round pick. He had a bad bounce back year after his recovery but at the same time he had no training before the season. He pretty much started game 1 without any training and became pretty effective the 2nd half of last season. The guy is 6'5'' 245 lbs and not only can rush the passer effectively but is NOT a liability in coverage.

I felt the same way about Laurinatis last year and look at what hes done in st louis.

Did you watch the combine? He didn't belong on the field. Sorry

Herzlich's 40time at both the combine and his pro day really make it tough on teams. He's a football player, not a track guy. But 4.96? We just took Spikes last year with that time. I think any inside backer we take for depth needs to have more Guyton-type speed, but with more the Herzlich motor. He'd have to be a 6th/7th rounder if we took him.

Amen, Brother! Herzlich WILL be Bruschi 2.0 after he recovers a bit more. We have an opportunity to grab a diamond in the rough, someone who was and will be a 1st round talent for cheap.

I think that whoever drafts him, and I hope it's the Patriots, be getting an excellent NFL player. Saw him last night working out with Willie on NFLN.

Whatever doubts I had about him disappeared after watching that.

I like how I said he'd be a late round pick (this was pre combine) and was ridiculed...(as usual) "He's a top 10 player so we should scoop him up in the 2nd round!".

Yeah, I'm sure he's a nice guy and it's agreat story even if it doesn't work out, but no.

Did you watch the combine? He didn't belong on the field. Sorry

I did. What was wrong with his combine? I cant name you a bad drill he had. If you'd like i can also find his complete combine and post it up.

What would his role be, 4th/5th ILB?

I love his motor, it's a great story, seems like a great leader....but that doesn't make him a quality NFL player.

Last edited:
What would his role be, 4th/5th ILB?

I love his motor, it's a great story, seems like a great leader....but that doesn't make him a quality NFL player.

Herzlich > Guyton, Murrell, Fletcher, Ninkovich

Herzlich in a 3-4 can play both positions

Herzlich > Guyton, Murrell, Fletcher, Ninkovich

Herzlich in a 3-4 can play both positions

Herzlich isn't better than any of those 4, and that's saying a lot, considering there's no way Murrell makes the final roster. He's too light and not a good enough pass rusher to play OLB. We're talking 10 pounds minimum, 20 pounds ideally. Inside, he's not starting over Mayo or Spikes, and he's not better than Guyton or Fletcher on passing downs.

Herzlich isn't better than any of those 4, and that's saying a lot, considering there's no way Murrell makes the final roster. He's too light and not a good enough pass rusher to play OLB. We're talking 10 pounds minimum, 20 pounds ideally. Inside, he's not starting over Mayo or Spikes, and he's not better than Guyton or Fletcher on passing downs.

I for one watched Herzlich as a DE/OLB at BC for his whole career. My OPINION (which is all that it is) is that he absolutely is better than the 4 mentioned LB's we have. He is strong against the run, plays very well in coverage and had a knack for making big plays in needed situations.

I truly believe, if drafted, he would instantly become our 3rd or 4th best LB right away.

Probably would be better than Nincovich after a year

But I think Herzlich to NE is a fantasy story as local boy goes home to play.

I wish him the best wherever he may land...he has been through hell,now its time to get a little taste of the better life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick