PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yea i just made a Bold prediction...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually also think that Moss and Stallworth will platoon each other some too (limiting production). Sure on 3 receiver sets they might be out there together, but I don't think they'll be lining up opposite on every play, they are too similar.

I agree that I don't see both Moss and Stallworth on the field all the time in two WR sets. Neither are possession receivers and I still don't see the Pats wanting to be the 2000 Rams and just win track meets with our competitors.

And that is my point. He has been hurt each of the last three years and been less than spectacular. Besides, 13 TDs isn't all that great when your QB gets 39 TDs.

To quote Bill Parcells, "You are what you are" and the last three years, Moss has not been an elite WR and has racked up a lot of nagging injuries.

No he had one nagging injury in 04 and 05 and 06 he had Idontgivea****itus and when was the last time a patriots wr got close to 13 tds, in 13 games?

No he had one nagging injury in 04 and 05 and 06 he had Idontgivea****itus and when was the last time a patriots wr got close to 13 tds, in 13 games?

That is totally and utter BS. It was documented that Moss had a toe injury in 2004 and a series of nagging injuries in 2005. Moss was excited to play for the Raiders in 2005. It was only 2006 when he was discontent with the Raiders because he didn't like Art Shell who only coached one year.

When was the last time Brady got 4,700 yards? Culpepper had a better year that year than Brady has had in one season and it had little to do with Moss. Brady is clearly better than Culpepper, but few QBs have had the year Culpepper had in 2004.

Last edited:
That is totally and utter BS. It was documented that Moss had a toe injury in 2004 and a series of nagging injuries in 2005. Moss was excited to play for the Raiders in 2005. It was only 2006 when he was discontent with the Raiders because he didn't like Art Shell who only coached one year.

He still had over 1000 yards and over a 15 ypc in 05 with those injuries

He still had over 1000 yards and over a 15 ypc in 05 with those injuries

And that's what he is an average to above average WR. He ain't an elite WR anymore. He is constantly injured now.

I am not going to change my opinion about the guy just because he now puts on a Patriots' uniform. There were a lot of people who agreed with me before this trade and most of them have disapeared.

And that's what he is an average to above average WR. He ain't an elite WR anymore. He is constantly injured now.

I am not going to change my opinion about the guy just because he now puts on a Patriots' uniform. There were a lot of people who agreed with me before this trade and most of them have disapeared.

over 1000 yards playing hurt with a 15 ypc with a ****ty team and a ****ty qb is average? don't even try to make kerry collins sound like a respectable qb

over 1000 yards playing hurt with a 15 ypc with a ****ty team and a ****ty qb is average? don't even try to make kerry collins sound like a respectable qb

He was sixth in passing yards in 2005 with over 3700. Brady has only gotten more yards in a single season than Kerry Collins did in 2005 twice. Let's not make Collins out to be crap. He was more than respectable in 2005 and it wasn't all Moss because Jerry Porter 942 yards that season which was 63 yards less than Moss. Also, Lamont Jordan had more yards receiving that year 563 yards than he has for the rest of his entire career (491). Doug Gabriel also had a career year that year.

Moss was the same guy who had over 1400 yards with Jeff George throwing to him for 10 games in 1999. So I think this quality of QB arguement is BS.

Last edited:
I think we are looking at 2 1000 yard receivers this year.

I also think Moss and Stallworth are going to be in (hopefully friendly) competition. With both of them there, and the numbers on all our receivers going due north next year, this whole year might be a fight for next year's deal ($11M to keep Stallworth, or whatever deal Moss is willing to cut.)

I really, really, really like how these contracts point toward competition for the spots next year. I just don't know that everybody is mature enough to understand hey, sometimes you were both open. But Randy does seem to be mixing up big batches of kool-aid at home already.

We'll find out. Worst case scenario, we have an embarassment of riches at wideout, and have to find a way to cope with it for years to come. But I really think one of them stays and one goes.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore