PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yankees 13 year playoff streak will end this year.

No sweep. Giambi wins it.

"In fact, I said before the season started that this was a transition year for the Yankees, and that I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs."

Excuse me while I laugh my effin ballsack off; a team with a 200 PLUS million dollar payroll is in a transition year, that is about the most moronic thing I've ever heard anyone say.

Ever.

Oh by the way, you clowns could have had Santana for EITHER Hughes or Kennedy (who both blow by the way) and Cabrera, he of the AAA Columbus Yankees.

Excuse me while a laugh my effin ballsack off again over that one.

Well, obviously your baseball IQ is as I figured, which is less than the typical yahoo. Yes, a transition year.

Less than a typical yahoo huh; enlighten me you fleabrain and explain to the class how a team with a 200+ million dollar payroll is in a transition year, can't wait for this you mensa candidate you.

AND, even a fleabrain like you has to agree Hughes OR Kennedy and Cabrera for Santana is a deal you'd do seven days a week, twice on Sunday.

Engage brain before posting in the future.

Less than a typical yahoo huh; enlighten me you fleabrain and explain to the class how a team with a 200+ million dollar payroll is in a transition year, can't wait for this you mensa candidate you.

AND, even a fleabrain like you has to agree Hughes OR Kennedy and Cabrera for Santana is a deal you'd do seven days a week, twice on Sunday.

Engage brain before posting in the future.
lmao. classic i love it.

"lmao. classic i love it."

I'm still waiting for his brilliant response; wonderful that we've got an assclown like this as a Patriots fan, what a douche.......

Watching A-Rod hitting into another double play in the 9th with no outs, man on first and second down 1 run to the Jays was great.

I've never seen such a anti-clutch superstar.

"Watching A-Rod hitting into another double play in the 9th with no outs, man on first and second down 1 run to the Jays was great.

I've never seen such a anti-clutch superstar."

And remember all the douchebag Yankee fans rubbing it in after they got "Mr April" himself, Pay-Fraud, what a mega choker............

Losers of two out of three at home to Toronto, the Yankees are now double digits out of first place with one month to go.

Never say never, anthing is possible, but it doesn't look good for the Bronx Bummers.......................Ruth, Mantle, Costanza, what tradition.

So is it a given that Hank fires Girardi at the end of the season if they don't make the playoffs?

"lmao. classic i love it."

I'm still waiting for his brilliant response; wonderful that we've got an assclown like this as a Patriots fan, what a douche.......

Ass clown? You come up with that one all by yourself? The classic retort of a mental midget is to act tough on the internet, and dole out personal criticisms unrelated to the point in question. It's a transition year cuz there is $80 of dead contracts coming off the books, which prohibits payroll flexibility. Also, the team is attempting to break in young talent in the season where that $80 million expires. When you break in young talent, and are loosing dead weight, it's called a transition year. They are transitioning from 2007, to 2009, when they will have a better understanding of what type of contributions there young players will make moving forward, and will have open roster spots where that $80 million was dedicated. The fact that your not bright enough to understand what is common sense, is niether surprising, nor my problem.

Actually, I think he will be. Hank seems to have no patience, and the veterans did not respond well at all to Girardi. Then again, neither did the young guys. I expect a shakeup, and at this point Girardi seems the easiest to get rid of. Cashman has alot of support within the organization. Wouldn't be surprised to see the yankee's lure mattingly back, the guy they should have hired in the first place.

On the other hand, since their paying Arod so much for so little return, maybe he could be a player coach. Then he could pull himself for a pinch hitter any time he comes up with runners in scoring position in a tight game. :confused:

Well tonight we're rooting for the Yankees, sweep the damn Rays.

Actually, I think he will be. Hank seems to have no patience, and the veterans did not respond well at all to Girardi. Then again, neither did the young guys. I expect a shakeup, and at this point Girardi seems the easiest to get rid of. Cashman has alot of support within the organization. Wouldn't be surprised to see the yankee's lure mattingly back, the guy they should have hired in the first place.

On the other hand, since their paying Arod so much for so little return, maybe he could be a player coach. Then he could pull himself for a pinch hitter any time he comes up with runners in scoring position in a tight game. :confused:

If anyone gets canned it'll be Cashman, who actually can't be canned, since his contract is up at seasons end. Girardi is safe. The team did not hit with RISP. They are in the bottom 3rd in that category. Also, Girardi didn't cause Wang, Hughes, Posada, and Matsui's injuries. There is no talk of Girardi losing his job in any of the Yankees articles, or outlets I visit.

Well tonight we're rooting for the Yankees, sweep the damn Rays.
2 from 3 or a sweep for the Yanks would be fantastic with the Sox going on a 10 game winning streak. Still seems bizarre to be pulling for the Yankees ;)

Last edited:
Ra red rox!!!

If anyone gets canned it'll be Cashman, who actually can't be canned, since his contract is up at seasons end. Girardi is safe. The team did not hit with RISP. They are in the bottom 3rd in that category. Also, Girardi didn't cause Wang, Hughes, Posada, and Matsui's injuries. There is no talk of Girardi losing his job in any of the Yankees articles, or outlets I visit.

I can't see how you can blame this year on Girardi either. Cashman is the one who has botched the whole Joba thing, and they came out yesterday and said that they are going to start him in the bullpen again NEXT YEAR! Why not use the entire offf-season and then Spring Training to get him stretched out, I just don't understand it.

The Yankees should look very different next year:

The Gambino has a club option for 2009, I doubt they will pick it up
Abreu's contract is done
Andy Petitie's contract is done (although I could see them bringing him back)
Mussina and Pavano's contracts are also done.

So basically the Yankees need an entire starting rotation:

Assuming Wong is healthy, they still need 4 more starters, I can see them breaking the bank for CC Sabbathia, the other interesting FA pitchers will be A.J. Burnett (has an "opt out: option), John Garland, Ben Sheets.

So either way the Yankees are still saddled with enourmous contract of gay-rod, jeter, damon and posada.

I can't see how you can blame this year on Girardi either. Cashman is the one who has botched the whole Joba thing, and they came out yesterday and said that they are going to start him in the bullpen again NEXT YEAR! Why not use the entire offf-season and then Spring Training to get him stretched out, I just don't understand it.

The Yankees should look very different next year:

The Gambino has a club option for 2009, I doubt they will pick it up
Abreu's contract is done
Andy Petitie's contract is done (although I could see them bringing him back)
Mussina and Pavano's contracts are also done.

So basically the Yankees need an entire starting rotation:

Assuming Wong is healthy, they still need 4 more starters, I can see them breaking the bank for CC Sabbathia, the other interesting FA pitchers will be A.J. Burnett (has an "opt out: option), John Garland, Ben Sheets.

So either way the Yankees are still saddled with enourmous contract of gay-rod, jeter, damon and posada.
d lowe is also a free agent next year. hes done a nice job with the dodgers. it will be interesting to see what happens with him.

dqnkif.jpg

:singing:

:rofl::rofl:

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back