PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WTH is wrong with ESPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, there are showing content that they believe gives them the most viewers. Who cares, when the cover the pats it is all about Gronk and Brady like they were the only two players on the team. Which pretty much is the focus of the day to day coverage of 32 teams, the more casual fans just want to hear about the stars on the opposing teams.

Somebody in Denver does not care than Bolden is a surprise performer.

Espn is about league news, not individual teams. Tebow is the biggest name in the NFL

Let me know when they get around to the news part. Until then, I'll just continue to ignore the network as I have done for almost 5 years now.

By time the Pats are 11-0 at end of November, we'll be all here worrying about whether the 24/7 intense media pressure of a possibly perfect season is too much on the team.

Nothing, there are showing content that they believe gives them the most viewers. Who cares, when the cover the pats it is all about Gronk and Brady like they were the only two players on the team. Which pretty much is the focus of the day to day coverage of 32 teams, the more casual fans just want to hear about the stars on the opposing teams.

Somebody in Denver does not care than Bolden is a surprise performer.

Espn is about league news, not individual teams. Tebow is the biggest name in the NFL

As someone who calls himself KontradictioN, I like your contradiction in the last sentence of this post.

Conspiracy theorist Joseph Kerr here...THIS all plays into my 2014 Jets/Giants in the Meadowlands theory...building up the hype now so that the Goodell Fixer Unit can pull off the biggest fraud in sports history...it is very important that the idea of Jet dominance and Jet press coverage go hand in hand, so that when the season of the Green Fix dawns, the entire country will be indoctrinated into buying the scam.

Just look at the national press blurbs blanketing coast to coast sports outlets..

"Sanchez in 4th year...this is when Eli took off!!"

"Sanchez career path mirrors Eli!!"

"Jets fill their final needs by drafting three superstars!!"

"Jets put final coaching piece in place by nabbing Sparano!!"

non stop...plus the deification of Tim Tebow...now everyone in the country ,whether they care to know or not, now have to endure every possible public moment of the "Chosen One"'s life....plus.."what will the Jets unleash on an unsuspecting NFL with Tebow?? STAY TUNED!!!!"...right...and who's the best coach in NFL history???...oh right...that's already been covered last week in Wrecksie's presser.

The Big Fix...debuting September 2014 in arenas near you....

I wouldn't be surprised. I still believe Goodell was trying to cash off Tebow's fame last year, by sliding him and that worthless team in Denver into the playoffs, too bad the Patriots didn't accept the bonus money to be beat by such garbage.

Manning should be a bigger name. Unlike Tebow, he's actually done something in the NFL. Don't even start me on other more worthy players who are half decent footballers.

When Tebow airs I switch the channels. Not that big a deal.

I switch the channel too.
Manning is OLD news. He won't be a bigger name, because he's not attractive and sure he can throw the football better, but consumers don't really care about that. As soon as the Jets go 4-12, this Tebow crap will be put to rest for once.

I actually like Tebow, and I would have been ok with the Pats sending a 4th round pick to Denver for him, like the Jets did. All he's ever done is be a winner, and have a positive attitude, and he's a great community service guy. With the right coaching, I think he can be an above average QB. But what I think he would have been good for the Pats would have been goal line situations. He's incredibly successfull in that way. And also just overall running plays, hell the Pats used Hernandez on running plays, imagine Tebow on straight running plays.

That being said, of course I'll be rooting like hell against him succeeding since he went to the enemy. Also, is it just me, but when I hear him, I hear Ned Flanders from the Simpsons. Take away the mustache, and they are the same, they even have the same body.

O-kuh-le-doklee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like Tebow, and I would have been ok with the Pats sending a 4th round pick to Denver for him, like the Jets did. All he's ever done is be a winner, and have a positive attitude, and he's a great community service guy. With the right coaching, I think he can be an above average QB. But what I think he would have been good for the Pats would have been goal line situations. He's incredibly successfull in that way. And also just overall running plays, hell the Pats used Hernandez on running plays, imagine Tebow on straight running plays.

That being said, of course I'll be rooting like hell against him succeeding since he went to the enemy. Also, is it just me, but when I hear him, I hear Ned Flanders from the Simpsons. Take away the mustache, and they are the same, they even have the same body.

O-kuh-le-doklee.

He had excellent coaching at Florida and again with the Broncos. His mechanics are what they are... shot. Wind up is way too elongated and his passes are often wobbly, without zip, and inaccurate. I'm not sure how much coaching it would take to fix that.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that the team in the biggest media market will get the most coverage,especially when there is controversy at the most talked about position...quarterback.

Perhaps the Giants aren't as well talked about because Coughlin is much like his friend Belichick and keeps profile low.

How many people really want to hear about the Seahawks or Cardinals?.....very few.

in this case, i think you guys are acting ******ed

jets were the only team to open their camp to espn fully......

Not only that, but ESPN spent days being all Broncos all the time.

You should know by now that ESPN only cares about the drama, and whatever else Tebow is, he brings the drama.

But what I think he would have been good for the Pats would have been goal line situations. He's incredibly successfull in that way. And also just overall running plays, hell the Pats used Hernandez on running plays, imagine Tebow on straight running plays.

I always thought he'd make a good FB.

Any suggestions on where I can get news on the other 31 teams in the league?

May I suggest SiriusXM radio? You can listen in your car, on your computer, or on a smartphone. $15 a month for the service is quite reasonable in my opinion. Over the next two weeks they have on site reports from two different team's training camps every day.

Our Most Popular Packages - SiriusXM Radio
24/7 NFL Talk - NFL - Sports
Welcome to the world of satellite radio - SiriusXM Radio

Don't worry folks. This is just ESPN giving the Jets their annual "Preseason Bowl" celebration. When it actually matters the Jets will collapse like they always do.

Don't they realize there are 31 other teams out there besides the bloody Jets? I'm getting so sick of hearing about Tebow and Sanchez and Rex. There are other teams out there ESPN!!

Before you guys say 'well watch a different sports channel', well I tried that. NFL Network to be precise. They were just as BAD! All Jets. JFC, there's more than just Tebow and Sanchez to the NFL! Oh ok, occasionally they'll talk about Peyton... for all of 5 seconds.

Seriously though, why all the love for the Jets? I don't get it. There are much more interesting stories out there. Sorry for the venting, I'm just getting tired of hearing about Tebow and the Jets, and it seems wherever I turn its Tebow, Sanchez, or Rex. I'd like to be able to watch a station that talks about other teams, especially the Pats of course. I'd even like to hear other teams TC's such as Giants, Steelers, Ravens, Bills, Chargers.. well pretty much all of them. Just so sick of only hearing about the Jets. Doesn't ESPN realize they are alienating the other 31 teams' fans?

I guess I could listen to sports radio, but all they mostly talk about is baseball and I'm not really into baseball...

Any suggestions on where I can get news on the other 31 teams in the league?
there is really no where to turn for quality football coverage. espn blows and has for a very long time. the nfl network is only good for game repeats and shows like a nfl life. other than that its god awful. non stop repeats and top ten crapola. in the past i have turned to local coverage. but that is polluted by the red beluga deossie who i refuse to watch. slim pickins indeed.

Last edited:
Don't worry folks. This is just ESPN giving the Jets their annual "Preseason Bowl" celebration. When it actually matters the Jets will collapse like they always do.
nobody is worried. we just dont want to see them 24hrs a day on espn and the nfl network.

It could be worst......they could be talking Sox 24/7 like our local stations.

I wish the Sox would just die already!

May I suggest SiriusXM radio? You can listen in your car, on your computer, or on a smartphone. $15 a month for the service is quite reasonable in my opinion. Over the next two weeks they have on site reports from two different team's training camps every day.

Our Most Popular Packages - SiriusXM Radio
24/7 NFL Talk - NFL - Sports
Welcome to the world of satellite radio - SiriusXM Radio

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't know.. I'm not really versed in satellite radio. Do I need to buy new equipment? 15 bucks/month seems a bit steep too for just sports radio, although I guess it could be worth it if I don't have to listen to Jets/Tebow 24/7.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't know.. I'm not really versed in satellite radio. Do I need to buy new equipment? 15 bucks/month seems a bit steep too for just sports radio, although I guess it could be worth it if I don't have to listen to Jets/Tebow 24/7.

Sorry, I left that part out. Yes, there is also the one-time purchase price of a radio; that will cost you from $50 to $250 on which one fits what you're looking for.

Shop SiriusXM Satellite Radio - Radios

Satellite Radio: SIRIUS, XM Radio - Best Buy

I agree that it initially it seems pricey (especially in comparison to 'free' television and radio alternatives), but I can't think of anyone that I know of that has gone ahead and got SiriusXM for the NFL channel and regretted making the purchase.

As I said, it's something to consider. Everyone has varying amounts of free time and a unique budget. Perhaps other folks here can offer their opinions on whether or not they feel it's worth it.

Who cares? ESPN kinda sucks. At least if they're not covering us that means they can't try to manufacture controversy.

Not only that, but ESPN spent days being all Broncos all the time.

exactly

every forum i go to (when espn isn't centering on one team because they've been given exclusive access) , all i see is how espn is biased against their team

there's a universal hatred for espn among all teams forums

true story.......

Last edited:
The two teams that has the least amount of coverage on both ESPN and NFLN so far? Take a guess, its the two teams that went to the superbowl last year, the pats and the giants! I have not heard anything from those 2 teams from any program on those 2 channels yet!

I haven't heard anything either, but then I don't waste my time watching those shows. I've stated for many years now that a person can get more accurate information from forums like this than anything they offer on the boob tube, although I do peek in on PTI now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots