PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Justin Hunter visiting Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't done much but I remember that we were said to like him (no idea if that information was good) in the Dobson draft. Think that's the right draft.

I liked him a lot coming out of Tennessee, there was a big debate at the time of him vs. Cordarrelle Patterson, and I preferred Hunter and was really hoping he'd fall to us. Not a huge fan anymore though, he had all sorts of opportunities and consistently made the least of them. He's exactly the kind of receiver that I thought the Patriots would have no interest in, the fact that they're hosting him at all is kinda confusing to me. To whatever extent WR is a need (and I do think it is one), I don't think that need is meaningfully addressed if we add him. And I think the only way we sign him is if Floyd ends up somewhere else and Belichick decides he wants his WR4 to be a height mismatch and that it's time for Amendola to go. Otherwise, I'm not sure what he brings to the table.

If that is true maybe making New Orleans rethink our offer for Cooks.

Wait is the assertion here that by signing known scrub Justin Hunter that the Saints will panic and sell low on non scrub Brandon Cooks? That seems...unlikely.

Well, I graded'm as Highly OverRated when he came out, in 2013...

Gave'm a 4th Round Grade. :p

And he made me look pretty damned smart. :eek:

But damned if his Talent wasn't worth the #1 Overall Pick.

"Justin Hunter commands a Fusion of Size & Speed unequaled in this remarkably deep & talented Wide Out Class." is how I put it.

Hell, yeah, I'd take a swing at'm.

Grid, was 2013 really considered one of the best WR classes? Funny. How is it that 2014 was so under the radar and turned out as the better (quintessential?) draft year for WRs? Seems really strange and possibly an interesting case study. Maybe you've revisited some of your analysis on both draft classes?

God, no. I've barely got Time to crank out Reports, much less immerse myself in Retroactive Analytics. I've never thought in terms of comparing one Draft to another: Just Seeking Out Value. That is what I'm focused on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft