PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Allen Robinson anybody?

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Cousins, Allen Robinson might be a sneaky cheap WR addition. In 2018 and 2019 he accounted for almost 2,400 yards and 13 TD's combined with the Bears.....the Bears? The Rams are willing to eat part of Robinson’s guaranteed salary to make a deal happen, showing they’re simply admitting the signing was a mistake and are prepared to move on.
At 6'2" and 210lbs he is a big receiver who has had some high points in his career with the Jags and the Bears of all Teams. "NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Monday morning that the Rams have given Allen Robinson's agents permission to seek a trade, per sources informed of the situation. Pelissero added that L.A. is willing to pay a portion of Robinson's $15.25 million guaranteed salary to facilitate a deal."

The Pats were rumored to be interested in him as a 2022 FA pick up.

Robinson was 220 at the Combine and ran 4.6.. He shaved off 12 pounds from his frame, and the result was a 4.47-second 40-yard dash time. He took nearly a half-second off his three-cone drill time at the combine, and he had a 42" vertical leap

"Could Robinson be Bill Belichick’s next reclamation project? New England is thin at wideout and the offense could use as much firepower around Mac Jones as possible.
Furthermore, the Patriots have four sixth-round picks and three fourth-rounders, so the Day 3 ammo is there for a deal to get done. It might only take a pair of sixths, too.

Robinson, who missed the last seven games of the 2022 season due to a foot injury, logged just a 33-339-3 receiving line on 52 targets across 10 games in his debut season with the Ram. He is recovering from a stress crack in his foot.

At PSU="He definitely excels outside the hashes as opposed to working in traffic, but has the hips and feet to sell routes and pull away from defenders on breaking routes. He doesn't have the speed to simply run away from a cornerback and must become better at making contested catches. ... As developed as he is as a route-runner, there's room for him to become more of a competitor over the middle and further improve his route game.

Is he too close to Parker as a Player? The Rams would have to come up with $7-$8mm I would suspect.

DW Toys

Cousins, Allen Robinson might be a sneaky cheap WR addition. In 2018 and 2019 he accounted for almost 2,400 yards and 13 TD's combined with the Bears.....the Bears? The Rams are willing to eat part of Robinson’s guaranteed salary to make a deal happen, showing they’re simply admitting the signing was a mistake and are prepared to move on.
At 6'2" and 210lbs he is a big receiver who has had some high points in his career with the Jags and the Bears of all Teams. "NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Monday morning that the Rams have given Allen Robinson's agents permission to seek a trade, per sources informed of the situation. Pelissero added that L.A. is willing to pay a portion of Robinson's $15.25 million guaranteed salary to facilitate a deal."

The Pats were rumored to be interested in him as a 2022 FA pick up.

Robinson was 220 at the Combine and ran 4.6.. He shaved off 12 pounds from his frame, and the result was a 4.47-second 40-yard dash time. He took nearly a half-second off his three-cone drill time at the combine, and he had a 42" vertical leap

"Could Robinson be Bill Belichick’s next reclamation project? New England is thin at wideout and the offense could use as much firepower around Mac Jones as possible.
Furthermore, the Patriots have four sixth-round picks and three fourth-rounders, so the Day 3 ammo is there for a deal to get done. It might only take a pair of sixths, too.

Robinson, who missed the last seven games of the 2022 season due to a foot injury, logged just a 33-339-3 receiving line on 52 targets across 10 games in his debut season with the Ram. He is recovering from a stress crack in his foot.

At PSU="He definitely excels outside the hashes as opposed to working in traffic, but has the hips and feet to sell routes and pull away from defenders on breaking routes. He doesn't have the speed to simply run away from a cornerback and must become better at making contested catches. ... As developed as he is as a route-runner, there's room for him to become more of a competitor over the middle and further improve his route game.

Is he too close to Parker as a Player? The Rams would have to come up with $7-$8mm I would suspect.

DW Toys
No

He is not what we need.
I am taking a firm stance that Robinson is cooked.

Didn’t he already find a team? The Titans or something?

After his breakout year with the Jaguars I honestly thought he was going to be a hall of famer. He had it all and reminded me so much of Owen's

Now I think he is sadly past it

He signed a decent deal with the Rams and he had a few glimpses but overall he couldn’t get separation or make plays next to Cooper Kupp.
He is hurt and on the downside of his peak.

This is similar to trading for Sanu.
I’d rather draft a wr late than waste the resources on a used to be really good wr.

He signed a decent deal with the Rams and he had a few glimpses but overall he couldn’t get separation or make plays next to Cooper Kupp.
He is hurt and on the downside of his peak.

This is similar to trading for Sanu.
I’d rather draft a wr late than waste the resources on a used to be really good wr.
Sounds like DeVante Parker's long lost brother pass. :rolleyes:
No Way Do Not Want GIF

No way.

He's smoked.

Hasn’t done much in a couple years, he’s be a halfway decent 3 if he were playing behind two legit threats (Bengals or Dolphins) but here he’s. JAG

I would rather they use that spot to draft a receiver. That being said if they can get the Rams to pay most of his salary and get him for a late round pick it might be a good value.

Loved him on the Bears

The ultimate possession WR.

Foot injury, 30 years old, $15.25 million guaranteed.

what’s not to like in a WR like that?

Hell no!

30 years old to start this season.

AR was deadly with Trbisky.

O.K. Cousins. Another curve ball. Would you pay $7mm per year for who might be the best slot receiver in the NFL who caught 107 balls for 5 TDs, in 2022 and "oh-by-the-way" had 13 rushing touchdowns and almost 1,000 yards?
Austin Eckler anybody in the McCaffery role?
DW Toys

if we lose out on judy or hopkins he would be ok but not a game changer

Amazing - just a few years ago we would have celebrated for weeks if we got this guy. Now we’d scream at the second coming of N’Keal. Kinda scares me off about trading for Hopkins and just pick our usual unknown 2nd rounder…

Amazing - just a few years ago we would have celebrated for weeks if we got this guy. Now we’d scream at the second coming of N’Keal. Kinda scares me off about trading for Hopkins and just pick our usual unknown 2nd rounder…
Seems like Allen Robinson's game went south pretty quickly potential buyers stay away.

Seems like Allen Robinson's game went south pretty quickly potential buyers stay away.
Cousin,
The other WR they have Kupp is kind of interesting. The Rams are in CAP hell, rebuilding and lack top Draft choices. Would you trade #14 and Bourne to the Rams for Kupp? Kupp’s $27.8 million cap hit in 2023 ranks second behind only DeAndre Hopkins at $30 million, and Hopkins is going to be traded at any moment. If we are interested in Hopkins.....what the hell? $110 million over the five years, keeping him under contract through 2026. In new money, Kupp is making about $26.7 million ..

I would.
DW Toys

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes