PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade Thuney to improve WR/TE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right, Green is on the Franchise tag, so they owe him $18.7 million even if they cut him. Franchise tags are guaranteed money. So no, they are not cutting him. His salary is about $1.7 million a game. The trade deadline is 10/29, so if they traded for him then, he would still be owed over $10 million. I'm not sure if he would garner a third round comp pick, because I doubt anyone is going to sign him for that kind of money, so guess the Pats could try trading the Brady comp pick for him. But he looks disinterested at best in playing football. Ten years in Cincy will do that to you, you would have to hope that a change of scenery would help.

The thing is that there is not much value when it comes to WR trades the way this season has shaken out.

If you look at the bottom feeders and kinda cross reference it against cap space for 2021 there is not much that comes up.

Given that Quinn/Patricia will most probably both lose their job I don't think the Lions are in trading mode at all (unless they get fired next week) so it looks like Golladay is off the table.

The Giants don't have any WR on their healthy roster that is interesting. Shepard is on IR with a toe injury.

The Falcons have Julio on 15M which is pretty similar to where AJ Green would be and no reason to give up on Ridley.

Washington has a healthy cap situation and no reason to move on from Mclaurin.

And. so. on.

So far there really doesn't seem to be any obvious opportunity to do something at WR. If the Texans lose their next two maybe one out of Fuller (upcoming FA), Cooks, Still, Cobb becomes available ? They are not in dire cap shape but they might want to have more picks for the new regime.

Maybe the Jaguars would move on from Westbrook ?

I don't know.. just spitballing. Not even sure anyone coming in that late would even have that much of an impact.

Last edited:
Given that Quinn/Patricia will most probably both lose their job I don't think the Lions are in trading mode at all (unless they get fired next week) so it looks like Golladay is off the table.

The Giants don't have any WR on their healthy roster that is interesting. Shepard is on IR with a toe injury.

The Falcons have Julio on 15M which is pretty similar to where AJ Green would be and no reason to give up on Ridley.

And. so. on.

So far there really doesn't seem to be any obvious opportunity to do something at WR. If the Texans lose their next two maybe one out of Fuller (upcoming FA), Cooks, Still, Cobb becomes available ? They are not in dire cap shape but they might want to have more picks for the new regime.

I don't know.. just spitballing. Not even sure anyone coming in that late would even have that much of an impact.
I find Golden Tate extremely interesting, though he is just into year 2 of a 4-year contract...If the Vagiants continue to lose however, perhaps the Worst WRs Coach in the NFL in 2019 might be more amenable to listening to offers for him by the end of the month...

I find Golden Tate extremely interesting, though he is just into year 2 of a 4-year contract...If the Vagiants continue to lose however, perhaps the Worst WRs Coach in the NFL in 2019 might be more amenable to listening to offers for him by the end of the month...

I looked at him while writing the post above.

He has had fewer yards than Harry so far this year, is 32 and would cost around 5 million to finish out the year. I mean clearly he would be available for very cheap (think 5th-6th round pick) but would he actually be that much of an improvement on Byrd to be worth 5x the salary ? Especially as a late arrival to learn the offense..

The idea ended up being not particularly exciting to me. About 2-3 years too late.

I looked at him while writing the post above.

He has had fewer yards than Harry so far this year, is 32 and would cost around 5 million to finish out the year. I mean clearly he would be available for very cheap (think 5th-6th round pick) but would he actually be that much of an improvement on Byrd to be worth 5x the salary ? Especially as a late arrival to learn the offense..

The idea ended up being not particularly exciting to me. About 2-3 years too late.
Agreed. I wanted him before he signed with the Giants but since joining NY he hasn't done much aside from getting injured and suspended.

When was the last time AJ Green played and put up numbers consistently. This guy has been riding the "elite receiver" media hype for nice pay days the last few years. If he was on the Patriots roster, he would have gone long ago.

The thing is that there is not much value when it comes to WR trades the way this season has shaken out.

If you look at the bottom feeders and kinda cross reference it against cap space for 2021 there is not much that comes up.

And. so. on.

I'll take Cooks for a 5th...

When was the last time AJ Green played and put up numbers consistently. This guy has been riding the "elite receiver" media hype for nice pay days the last few years. If he was on the Patriots roster, he would have gone long ago.

green looks terrible this season. He can’t run, routes are sloppy and hear footsteps from ten miles away.

but he needs to get out of cincy if he has any chance of being an average receiver,

So, when are we getting a tight end?​

So far our tight end crew has been just garbage to say the least, when we going to trade to get an actual good tight end?

It is the most challenging position on offense outside QB so what would even be the point in bringing someone else in midseason except being a development stopper for the two young players that were drafted early this year.

Hopefully, Keene is soon caught up after losing a lot of time due to his neck injury and Asiasi starts seeing some targets when he is ready. Ultimately it doesn't matter at all whether the targets go to a WR, TE or a RB.

Definitely not right now.

14 rookie WRs this year having better production than Harry despite short covid training camp

Jefferson, Claypool, Lamb, Jerry Jeudy and Higgins

Brandon Aiyuk, Laviska Shenault Jr., Bryan Edwards, Devin Duvernay, Gabriel Davis, Tyler Johnson, Collin Johnson, Darnell Mooney and Donovan Peoples-Jones

14 rookie WRs this year having better production than Harry despite short covid training camp

Jefferson, Claypool, Lamb, Jerry Jeudy and Higgins

Brandon Aiyuk, Laviska Shenault Jr., Bryan Edwards, Devin Duvernay, Gabriel Davis, Tyler Johnson, Collin Johnson, Darnell Mooney and Donovan Peoples-Jones

Worth noting we traded out this year after Jefferson & Reagor were taken. Both were atop my WR rankings for the pats big board for round one. Then round two, Davis, DPJ, Aiyuk, Shenault, Pittman, Duvernay, Van Jefferson and a few other. All were on there and Claypool was too, but under TE.

Frustrating with all the guys doing well. Hopefully we cash in this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots