PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade [more than] pick #23 for Deshaun Watson?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade pick 23+ for Watson?

• Yes

Votes: 55 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 15 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of rumors swirling around Watson right now, whether it's him tweeting Drake lyrics or liking other peoples' tweets that show him going to NE. Figured I'd make a poll since I'm curious. If O'Brien is willing to part with Watson for pick 23+, would you do it?

I realize this thread is silly since BOB would probably ask for a 4th rounder and the rest of your dinner you couldn't finish but figured it'd be an interesting discussion.

EDIT: It's been a long day. Meant this to be a post along the lines of "pick 23 and then some", not just pick 23. Ugh.

Last edited:
Deshaun Watson? The QB?

Yes, yes I would. I would trade a whole lot more than just #23 for him.

#23 and next year's first. Of course, a 5 year extension would need to be agreed to.

Quick, fast & in a hurry!

Is this a serious question? I'd give it up and next year's 1 without even blinking.

In a heartbeat. And I'd give up the 4th rounder and dinner too.

Yes, I’d trade Michael Jordan for Watson. He’s retired now anyway :D

I'd do you one better... I'd give up the 1, next year's 3rd or 2nd and Gilmore. I'd extend JC jackson immediately and Watson.

I’d trade our current starting and backup qb for him

Ummmm, yes?

In our current situation, is anyone really saying no to this? He's worth more than the first we have.

If we are going to acquire a former Clemson qb, then we need the real deal, Lawrence!

Made an edit to the thread title/questions. I'm stupid and tired.

The question I wonder is - contract. Would he be happy coming to NE and having to play out his fourth and fifth year before his extension or would he want an extension ASAP? Would Bill want to pay a premium level contract? They have the space next year.

Made an edit to the thread title/questions. I'm stupid and tired.

The question I wonder is - contract. Would he be happy coming to NE and having to play out his fourth and fifth year before his extension or would he want an extension ASAP? Would Bill want to pay a premium level contract? They have the space next year.

Yes, there would need to be an immediate extension, the first $200M deal, fair for a 5 year extension of his contract.

I'd write a blank check for Watson.

I’d like to see some Sabermetrics analysis on the guy. Takes a ton of sacks despite being so incredibly talented. Seems like a great teammate and leader. But the sacks are killers...one of the most underrated stats in all of sports is sacks taken by QBs.

So wait, is this actually a thing or ?

I’d like to see some Sabermetrics analysis on the guy. Takes a ton of sacks despite being so incredibly talented. Seems like a great teammate and leader. But the sacks are killers...one of the most underrated stats in all of sports is sacks taken by QBs.
Once he's implemented into the infamous BB system the sacks will disappear. SBs and Huggs contracts will follow. Bank it!

Once he's implemented into the infamous BB system the sacks will disappear. SBs and Huggs contracts will follow. Bank it!

Oh that’s right...Bill will give him the cheat code like he did with Brady, so it will be really easy. What is it? Up Down Left Right hold A and B, Select Start?

For a one year rental? Absolutely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey