PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade [more than] pick #23 for Deshaun Watson?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade pick 23+ for Watson?

• Yes

Votes: 55 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 15 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn’t trade for an elite QB in his prime if he only has a year left on his contract? Lol. I can see how this carries over to your Brady takes. You think Bill will just coach up some loser because you think that’s how it works.

2020 will be eye opening.

#23 for one year of Watson and the roster having holes to plug in? Nope. If he signs an extension then of course... but then why would the Texans do that?

And 43 year old Brady is simply not the difference between a good team and a team picking in the top 5 in the draft despite what I’ve been reading here.

#23 for one year of Watson and the roster having holes to plug in? Nope. If he signs an extension then of course... but then why would the Texans do that?

And 43 year old Brady is simply not the difference between a good team and a team picking in the top 5 in the draft despite what I’ve been reading here.

Why would the Texans do anything? Perhaps Watson should hint at a holdout. 2 firsts might look good to the incompetent GM of the Texans. Obviously, we might have to give more.

So that's why we signed Hoyer .. to trade for Watson ... brilliant.
Seriously Stidham and #23 but no more than that.

I'd rather get 3-4 years of a rookie contract QB than have to pay 35+ million for a guy who I don't think can win a championship but albeit is a borderline Top 5 QB.

If we had the 22nd pick we’d be able to get Watson and Watt

Guess this is the immediate effect of being quarantined, we are all coming up with unattainable ideas to replace #12, based on relatively innocuous tweets...

Even if he only has one more year on his contract, why would Houston even consider trading him??

I would love for the Pats to do this, but what would Houston gain by doing this??

Made an edit to the thread title/questions. I'm stupid and tired.

The question I wonder is - contract. Would he be happy coming to NE and having to play out his fourth and fifth year before his extension or would he want an extension ASAP? Would Bill want to pay a premium level contract? They have the space next year.

Paying a young very talented QB is just the cost of doing business. If there is a reasonable opportunity then I am not sure there is much to contemplate here.

Last edited:
Even if he only has one more year on his contract, why would Houston even consider trading him??

I would love for the Pats to do this, but what would Houston gain by doing this??

Replace Watson with Hopkins in there and ask yourself the very same question. As long as BoB can run the show over there anything is possible.. really. Not saying it is likely at all but in my book it went from absolutely impossible to pretty unlikely which is a substantial change.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Watson gets traded here for Stidham and picks before the season

Wouldn’t be surprised if Watson gets traded here for Stidham and picks before the season

The Houston fans would come for BOB with pitchforks if he did that! Watson is a winner, the kid has won wherever he has played, and you think BOB would trade him for a scrub QB? I just don't get what people see in Stidham. He is not a NFL QB, let alone anyone you would trade Watson for!

If you ask me if the Pats could trade for Watson and make him the franchise QB, then I'm all for it. Especially when you consider he knows the offense. Watson is a winner and a leader and a great kid. All of that means, there is no way that Houston is trading him.

Replace Watson with Hopkins in there and ask yourself the very same question. As long as BoB can run the show over there anything is possible.. really. Not saying it is likely at all but in my book it went from absolutely impossible to pretty unlikely which is a substantial change.

You’re comparing a WR to a QB lol

Guess this is the immediate effect of being quarantined, we are all coming up with unattainable ideas to replace #12, based on relatively innocuous tweets...

If they were interested in moving the team out of Houston maybe, but than the new owner would want Watson so nevermind

Worth it.

I’d have to be sold on why we’d do it though

Stiddy 4Eva
(I voted RLKAG.)

Of course, Watson is “worth” the #23 pick... but how good is he ? Are we willing to roll with a guy who runs and doesn’t slide when he should ? What is the farthest he’s taken the Texans ? He cannot say he’s had “no help”. That team has been full of good players for years.

Even with a huge lead, they were unable to seal the deal vs KC.

No

Watson is very overrated and not worth a 1st round pick.

No

Watson is very overrated and not worth a 1st round pick.
What player does the average first round pick become ? Wilfork ? No. Manziel ? No. Somewhere in between. Does the typical first rounder “become Watson” ? I’d say no.

I agree that he is overrated. But, I don’t necessarily agree that he isn’t worth #23.

Stiddy 4Eva
(I voted RLKAG.)

Of course, Watson is “worth” the #23 pick... but how good is he ? Are we willing to roll with a guy who runs and doesn’t slide when he should ? What is the farthest he’s taken the Texans ? He cannot say he’s had “no help”. That team has been full of good players for years.

Even with a huge lead, they were unable to seal the deal vs KC.
That was on their D, not Watson.

Brady goes to Tampa improving their Super Bowl odds to 14 - 1

Houston is at 80 - 1. They aint winning no Super Bowl with Shawn Watson. If you think that he is so great then put some money down at those sweet odds.

Wait a minute... I thought Stidham was the man? Why are we having this conversation if he’s going to be the next big thing and we’re absolutely sure about that? I just read a forum throughout the entire season in which roughly a significant portion of the population talked themselves into being ready to get rid of the GOAT for this kid and we’re talking about giving up a 1st for a great, albeit injury prone, QB with one year left on his rookie deal when we are as cap-strapped as we currently are?

The Houston fans would come for BOB with pitchforks if he did that! Watson is a winner, the kid has won wherever he has played, and you think BOB would trade him for a scrub QB? I just don't get what people see in Stidham. He is not a NFL QB, let alone anyone you would trade Watson for!

If you ask me if the Pats could trade for Watson and make him the franchise QB, then I'm all for it. Especially when you consider he knows the offense. Watson is a winner and a leader and a great kid. All of that means, there is no way that Houston is trading him.
You overestimate how dumb BOB is. He should be fired now for upsetting Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes