PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade #22 for Zach Miller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I know that this might not be a popular move, but TE is a need position for the Pats this year. Oakland might like Zach Miller, he's their most consistent offensive player, but they need lots of help, would they pass on a 1st round pick for their guy? Miller could turn into a beastly weapon for Brady and make us forget about our need for another WR. Just thinking outside the box. Thoughts?

Zach Miller - Stats, Bio – Oakland Raiders – NFL Football – SI.com

Last edited:
I like Miller. Is he worth trading a first-rounder for? No way. Maybe a 4th.

Last edited:
I like Miller. Is he worth trading a first-rounder four? No way. Maybe a 4th.

I was about to say that I wouldn't trade a first in this draft for anybody.

Personally, I wouldn't... The Patriots don't utilize their tight ends in the passing game as much as they could. They're almost strictly in for blocking purposes.

I somewhat remember Marv Cook, and I do remember Ben Coates. After them, I don't believe New England has featured a Pro Bowl caliber starting tight end since.

But if the Patriots want a pass-catching tight end, I prefer finding one in the draft.

Both Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham are intriguing.

He was selected #38 in the 2007 draft. Has he done anything special since then to increase that draft spot 16 spots?

How about 778 yards receiving in 2008 and 805 yards receiving in 2009? If the Raiders would take a 2nd round pick for him, that would be fine too, but considering he's proven himself a solid starter at the NFL level, should they take less than a 1st round pick? I doubt that Gresham would produce better numbers than those.

Not interested in this one at all. Zach Miller is good but not a cornerstone of our future, the 22nd pick could be.

Don't we have enough TE's?? Baker, LeVoir, Vollmer?

Don't we have enough TE's?? Baker, LeVoir, Vollmer?

LeVoir & Vollmer play tackle. Baker is the only TE under contract I believe, Watson is a UFA

Last edited:
Definitely not the first rounder. I would probably give up the same for Miller as I would for Washington, a second and a seventh. But definitely not a first.

not a first, but a 3 and 5 I'd do.

I doubt Miller is available via trade, but I do want to say that BB could learn a lot from the Raiders in terms of drafting a kid with great hands, but NOT elite speed.

I look at Graham from Wisconsin. He only ran a 4.7, but he does catch almost everything thrown at him and he is an adequate blocker.

i say no. not because i don't think he is a good TE but because if watson was in oakland he would have better numbers then miller.

the pats don't throw to the TE it would take a TE like daniel owens, or Antonio Gates, for brady to look he's way more then twice a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back