PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade #17 & #32 to get Nick Fairley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great point. Except for a stud rookie QB spot, there is no way BB upsets the compensation tiers of his dressing room.

Remember to that prior to this year Auburn coaches considered Fairley was JAG. The new scheme is what really helped him excel and if he is not in that same scheme in the pros, will he be JAG again?

That's a great point, intelligent drafting should take into account how the salaries of rookies affects the locker room, that exact issue was what soured HoF runningback Jim Taylor on playing for Green Bay.

Last edited:
I would do it. What maturity issues? he is 22 yo, he should have maturity issues as he is not mature.

IMO he is an Impact player that will play an impact position and one that has a high need IMO, He is a leader on the field, although he may not be one off it.

Ty Warren has played less and less since 2006 and his impact on the D going forward can not be counted upon. Wright may have been severely concussed and may no longer be counted on either.

Would I make the trade if I could be assured of Jordan/Watt at 17 and Weisnewski at 32; no.

IMO there will be rookie salary cap this year, I would think that a #3-7 pick will get paid less than Wilfork and Ty Warren.

Last edited:
delete double post

Last edited:
I would do it. What maturity issues? he is 22 yo, he should have maturity issues as he is not mature.

Well, if you're throwing your whole draft and one of the biggest guaranteed contracts on the team at a guy, you're not only counting on him on the field...you're giving him a lot of power.

As much as I love Fairley's talent (and I do), a one-year starter with an iffy work ethic and a tendency to get undisciplined with late hits is a hella risky guy for that role.

No, he doesn't fit the team philosophy or defense. Remain at #17 where there's likely to be a couple of targeted players with starting potential.

Well, if you're throwing your whole draft and one of the biggest guaranteed contracts on the team at a guy, you're not only counting on him on the field...you're giving him a lot of power.

As much as I love Fairley's talent (and I do), a one-year starter with an iffy work ethic and a tendency to get undisciplined with late hits is a hella risky guy for that role.

The brush off of potential maturity issues with "he's 22 yo" made me laugh. Look at what this team is made of-full of UDFE and mid to late picks who've made an impact.

We have a 6th round QB getting the ball from a 5th round center, then either handing off to an undrafted back or passing to a 4th round TE.

You have a late first round corner nobody heard of making the pro bowl in a draft where the 2nd round produced 3 starters.

That's enough evidence to me to take the guys at the spot we have and continue to make smart trades to acquire more depth, and more talent.

Whose to say both our 1st rounders this year won't be better than Fairley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes