PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would a 15-0 record with Brady rival the 72 Dolphins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Personally, I think if we finish 18-1 this team should be considered better than the 1972 Dolphins. What are your thoughts?

It's sad that if this does happen the ****ing NFL commissioner is the thing that stood between a team and history.

P.S. I know it's early in the year but it's a bye week.

This might be the best offense ever. I say "might" cause we could use a better offensive line.

Our defense is good to very good. If we had better Pass-rushers, could've been great.

If we don't win it all, I bet that will be reason and thus the reason we can't consider this team THE best ever. Let's revisit this topic after the end of the season.

Clearly this statement is my opinion but the 72 Fins were not the GoAT.

Shula is on record as saying the 73 Fins were more talented and a better team.

There are several teams better than the 72 Fins.

66 Packers
78 Steelers
84 49ers
85 Bears
89 49ers
04 Patriots
73 Fins

Do Pats fans really care about regular season bests?

I know I don't. None of my best Pats memories have to do with the regular season

Personally, I think if we finish 18-1 this team should be considered better than the 1972 Dolphins. What are your thoughts?

It's sad that if this does happen the ****ing NFL commissioner is the thing that stood between a team and history.

There are already teams that are superior to the '72 Dolphins.

It's not reasonable or possible to assume that, if this winds up our only loss, we would have otherwise gone unbeaten. First of all, that particular game was horribly officiated against the Patriots, and the presence of Brady might have made it closer, but no guarantees as in any game.

A perfect record is impressive; but the Dolphins subsequent exposure as something less than honorable or worthy or even legitimate, significantly devalues the accomplishment.

"better than the 1972 Dolphins"

lots of teams have been "better" than the 72 Dolphins.. (2007 Pats, 2004 Pats, were both better)

last years Pats were better than the 72 Dolphins.

Patriots 2004 and 2007 were better than the 72 dolphins. I mean you cant even compare really.. the game is completely different now.

i would LOVE it

1: we can say we went 15-0 which matches the dolphins, and then let them scramble to explain it away

2: it would mean our final record is 18-1...and it would be great to get a season of 18-1 w/ a Lombardi trophy to wipe away the last 18-1

A Super Bowl win is better than everything and anything don't matter if you went 16-0/15-1 cause theres been teams that went 10-6/9-7 and won the Super Bowl and that includes wild card teams and a team that goes 9-7 or wild card and wins the super bowl is better than a team that went 16-0/15-1 that didn't win a super bowl because at the end of the day Champions get remembered not regular season "champs" yea we are doing good and better than ever but ill be excited this year when we are winning playoff games and getting to the super bowl because there been plenty of teams that dominated the regular season and not won the Lombardi and plenty of teams that were lucky to make the playoffs and wind of winning the Lombardi which goes to say it ain't over till the fat lady sings but **** ill tell everyone I think our fat lady is gonna be singing louder than anybodys this year, so far we look like a vintage New England Championship Team. Lets Go 2016 I'm Ready!!!!!!!!!

Dolphins also went 14-0 not 16-0. If the NFL still had a 14 regular format, many more teams would have an unbeaten regular season. Though, Miami won it all.

How ironic is it that Deflategate will hurt Goodell more than the Pats. The incompetent boob could very well lose his job over the NFL's lagging ratings & a Pats run at 16-0 would be just the thing to get people watching the NFL again.

15-1 is still going to get the Pats homefield, which is all that really matters.

How ironic is it that Deflategate will hurt Goodell more than the Pats. The incompetent boob could very well lose his job over the NFL's lagging ratings & a Pats run at 16-0 would be just the thing to get people watching the NFL again.

15-1 is still going to get the Pats homefield, which is all that really matters.
If this team finishes 15-1 and then 18-1 I will consider them the best team in AFC East history. Maybe, best ever.

I would love to see Angry Shula emerge from his retirement lair and go full Turrets again. His BB hate is sad....but riveting .....like a 10 car pile up

The Patriots have already gone 21-0 between the 2003-04 seasons. That is almost more impressive than their run in 2007. Because winning any week is very hard, and with the progressive parity in the league, I do not think that record will break anytime soon. Far more impressive than what the Dolphins did decades ago.

Why do we do this to ourselves? Remember in 2009 when the Colts took out Peyton Manning with a lead against the Jets. The jets came back and won to give the Colts their only loss of the season (well, until they lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl). If they did beat the Saints would you have held their 18-1 record as better than the Dolphins? I should think not.

The Pats, with BB and TB are the best EVER, So far. Till otherwise, GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down