PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst managed team in the AFC east?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua, of course you never said any of that word for word but sometimes you're just too certain of everything on your team.

Too often you use "will be" instead of "hope."

John Beck might become a pro bowler someday. To "almost guarantee it" is pushing it. I don't even think we're that high on Brandon Meriweather yet.

It's the same with Cameron and Ginn and others. You talk about them as if they're already as good as you hope they will be.

We hope the Pats WRs are a huge problem for defenses this year. We're not writing it in stone yet though. Someone on the board the other day started a thread ranking the best WR corps and he didn't have NE in the top 5.

Again, you need to start toning down the over-confidence because at times it seems dilusional. Every fan hopes great things for their team right now but to be on a rival board and proclaim things the way you hope they turn out, you're going to catch heat.

This may be the case for you, but there are many here who have already begun the countdown to Super Bowl XLII as if you know you're already there. I even saw a thread talking about buying Super Bowl tickets.

I say Dolphins.

The Bills have cleaned house and the current regime can't be blamed for the Dona-ho fiascos.

The Dolphins? Their house is more like Dorothy's in the Wizard of Oz.:D

I always thought that turmoil and constant transition are good indicators of a team being mismanaged. Miami continues to be in transition for several years now.

How many starting QB's have we seen from them since Y2K? I believe they will be on their 5th... Source.

The Ricky Williams debacle set them back in draft picks and planning.

The Nick Saban experiment was a total disaster and that will also set a team back.

All bad decisions that are tough to recover from quickly.

The Jets have a young head coach that has created a winning atmosphere, and has brought a sense of hop and optimism to the fans and the franchise. Will they win? Only time will tell, but they are in a better place than Miami...

Buffalo can rival Miami for transition, but not turmoil... They do have a young team that they think can develop into a winner. Rather having to trade for a 38 year old QB, they have a young guy that people feel good about. I would rather be a Buffalo fan today than a Miami fan.

foxborofan

Aqua,

I think you misunderstood, this post was meant to bring up a point about the worst MANAGED team in the AFC East. The worst team will most likely be Buffalo, everyone knows that.

How can you sit there, a fan of the dolphins, denying the ridiculous amount of bad drafts and personell moves your squad has made. Taylor was a beast last year, but I would be shocked if hes still playing at that level, or any level for that matter in a few years. The body simply breaks down for football players when they hit their mid 30's (Except for Seau that is, ;) ). But if you think your winning any more than six games next year your being unrealistic. I live in Fl and watch and saw the Dolphins blow at least 5 games last year. If you guys can find a way to win those close ones with a mediocre O-line, a 37 yr old qb and a defense that hasn't drafted any talent in ten years, then good luck to you. But don't be suprised if your picking 9th in next year's draft. Maybe then you'll actually draft an impact player rather than a decent slot recieve at best...

Sincerly,
Rick "Get Paid" Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case