PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst managed team in the AFC east?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sam way all fins fans are saying Ginn will make the fins a plyoff team and have an immense impact?

At some point, Ginn will have an immense impact. How often to rookie WRs have big impacts on their football team? Look at Chad Jackson last year, he did nothing.

Ginn will make our special teams much better. We now have a homerun threat on kick and punt returns opposed to last year when we had a 0 shot that a return would be taken to the house. He will be worked into a recieving role slowly this year and will get a much larger role next year, but as for now, he's main duty is special teams.

One player doesn't make you a playoff team, it's a 53 man effort.

Last edited:
It shows how much confidence I have in him.

Actually i have a question for you about dolphin land. I remember Taylor saying he would retire right after the season and they he took it back saying it was a heat of the moment thing. How many years does he have left on his contract?

Have you watched any video or tape on John Beck? Give it two more years (he could be starting this year) and Miami will have a stud at QB. Too bad he'll merely be the second best QB in the division.

No, I've actually never heard of him. Since last year at this time Cleo Lemon was a future star and their #3, let me guess that they drafted him this year. I can care less about college football so that explains why I've never heard of him.

*pauses to look the guy up* ooh, picked #40 overall.

so now a 2nd round QB is a guaranteed future star? Last I knew QBs drafted in the top 5 were hardly a sure thing. Considering Miami's track record with QBs I have no reason to believe he'll be any different. League track record says the same thing. History and probability tells us the chance he becomes better than average is slim. Average would be an upgrade for Miami so maybe they'll get lucky there.

whatever, nothing you said changes the fact that Miami has yet to develop a QB, and passed up on both Brees and Quinn. They have drafted yet another potential QB. Let's see this one actually turn out differently before we send him to Hawaii.

Last time Aqua was so sure of something he made a bet that the Dolphins would beat NE for the division. We all know how that one turned out.

Bills.

Yeah sure Miami has failed to develop a QB since Dan the Man, but at least they made the playoffs in '01 and sniffed it in '03. They were a Troy Brown TD away from it.

Why don't you chill out a little bit. It's just my opinion, jeez. Notice I said I can almost guarentee it.

I'll chill out when stop making ****y a$s predictions about how great your team is only to be wrong just about every time.

Last edited:
At some point, Ginn will have an immense impact. How often to rookie WRs have big impacts on their football team? Look at Chad Jackson last year, he did nothing.
Bad example. Jackson was a high second rounder. Ginn was 9th overall. Still, I am willing to give Miami the benefit of the doubt. Every team's scouts must know stuff that the average fans like ourselves do not.

Bad example. Jackson was a high second rounder. Ginn was 9th overall. Still, I am willing to give Miami the benefit of the doubt. Every team's scouts must know stuff that the average fans like ourselves do not.

I hear what you are saying, but remember, these are the same scouts who thought Culpepper was ready to go.

R

I'll chill out when stop making ****y a$s predictions about how great your team is only to be wrong just about every time.

I don't even want to hear that BS. Coming from some of the most ****y fans on earth how can you say that with a straight face. I just showed confidence in our QB in Beck, nothing big.

I don't even want to hear that BS. Coming from some of the most ****y fans on earth how can you say that with a straight face. I just showed confidence in our QB in Beck, nothing big.

saying a QB who hasn't played a single NFL is (almost) guaranteed of being a pro bowler isn't "showing confidence," it's being stupid.

"he should become the starter one day" or "he should be a good QB" is showing confidence in your guy. "he's almost guaranteed of being in the pro bowl" is stupid hyperbole. you should be happy if he simply doesn't suck, it'd be an accomplishment as a QB in Miami.

Last edited:
Have you watched any video or tape on John Beck? Give it two more years (he could be starting this year) and Miami will have a stud at QB.
College tape? Not valid.

John Beck = Chris Weinke, a guy who is older than normal college players and looks good because of advanced physical development.

His advantage is no longer there in the NFL. Have you seen or heard how he's been doing inn Dolphins training camp? We can always ask one of the Doofin trolls. I'm sure they will give an honest answer.

Last edited:
You are aware Miami drafted a QB in the 2nd round this year right? Why would they take a QB next year?

I have to agree with the Fin fan.

The only thing more ridiculous than predicting a team drafting a QB the year after they take 1 is predicting a team would draft a young QB and trade for a veteran starter a year after they trade for a veteran QB, proclaim him a star, and give him a huge contract.

On second thought.......

You are aware Miami drafted a QB in the 2nd round this year right? Why would they take a QB next year?
They used a second round pick for Feeley, right? Why would they trade for Culpepper?

They used a second round pick on Culpepper, right? Why would they trade for Green?

Stop asking stupid questions, like trying to make us explain why the Dolphins do the stupid things they do.

They use second round draft picks on QBs, then toss them away and do it again. Year after year after year.

It doesn't make any sense to us, either. But still they do it.

And someone said the Bills were the worst-managed team in the AFCE!

You are aware Miami drafted a QB in the 2nd round this year right? Why would they take a QB next year? Also, why would they go after a running back. We have one of the 10 best running backs in the NFL right now, no need there.

When did Ronnie Brown become a top 10 back?

All backs better then Ronnie: Stephen Jackson, Willie Parker, Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson, LJ, LT, Westbrook, Gore, Edge, Portis, Deuce. Ronnie has top ten potential but doesnt play that way. I could add names that I like like Mo-Jo D and Addai but i will lay off

Last edited:
what exactly is an almost gurantee. You either gurante or you dont.

I "almost guarentee" i will marry jessica alba.

I've never seen guarantee spelled three different ways in three sentences. All of them wrong.

Aqua im gonna let you know that b/c of you im putting my chips back in on the table w/ ronnie brown in fantasy football. He was a dud last year for me but he has top ten potential. I have nothing on ronnie

Last edited:
They used a second round pick for Feeley, right? Why would they trade for Culpepper?

They used a second round pick on Culpepper, right? Why would they trade for Green?

Stop asking stupid questions, like trying to make us explain why the Dolphins do the stupid things they do.

They use second round draft picks on QBs, then toss them away and do it again. Year after year after year.

It doesn't make any sense to us, either. But still they do it.

And someone said the Bills were the worst-managed team in the AFCE!

Okay but where in here do you see that they actully took a rookie QB in the first 40 picks? Usually when you do that, you plan on them playing for a while so you'd think they'd get their fair shake. Feely and Culpepper came in right away, stunk up the joint and were shipped out. Beck probably won't play this year but he'll be given the football in 2008 or 2009. So by your statement it would've made sense for the Bengals to draft a QB the year after they took Carson Palmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News