PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

World Series - Red Sox vs Cardinals

Put $50 down on the Sox when I was in Vegas back in May. Got 14-1 odds, looking good!!!!

How clutch is Papi? The guy is unbelievable!

Yay!! Terrific game and lots of drama, including a big fat grand slam right when we needed it!! Go Sox!!

Felt sorry for both starting pitchers who pitched their hearts out and seemingly were taken out too soon with (at the time for Clay B.) disasterous results soon to follow.

Looking like some raw weather to start the Series; temps mid-40s at start of games.

Wednesday: Chilly & breezy with mostly cloudy skies. Showers likely midday and in the afternoon. Highs in the low 50s. Looks to dry out just in time for Game 1. Mid 40s at the Fens.

Thursday: Blustery & cool with partly sunny skies. Highs in the low 50s. 44 and mainly clear for the start of Game 2.

Now how did the Tigers not win with great base runners like Prince Fielder?

original.gif

What an athlete. He looked like he just wanted to curl up in comfy chair in his fancy media room with a big ol bag of potato chips that whole series.

(That was a GREAT instinctive play by Pedroia by the way).

I was watching the game with my kids and one of their friends. We all burst out laughing (ala the Butt Fumble) on this play! Too funny! Fielder is a doofus - he obviously thought he was closer to the bag than he was. Leland's reaction was hilarious too. The kind of look you give your teenager when he's just thrown the football indoors and knocked over a lamp.

Victorino has been HUGE this postseason. Two grand slams. I got chills watching his reaction last night. The Sox are looking like a team of destiny right now.

I was watching the game with my kids and one of their friends. We all burst out laughing (ala the Butt Fumble) on this play! Too funny! Fielder is a doofus - he obviously thought he was closer to the bag than he was. Leland's reaction was hilarious too. The kind of look you give your teenager when he's just thrown the football indoors and knocked over a lamp.

The funny thing about that dive is that he got both the distance and the direction to the base wildly wrong and yet he seems genuinely surprised at the end of it that he didn't make it to the base. :confused:

I am not a baseball fan at all, but I have to congratulate the Red Sox on an incredible accomplishment. Most everyone thought the Red Sox would be long done by now, but they beat the odds and got to the big game(s). It is a huge victory for them even if they lose the World Series in 4 games.

Cliff notes on the series.

Your Guide To Giving A **** About The Red Sox-Cardinals World Series

hah - -too funny:

Sure, Boston and St. Louis are two fanbases (outside of New York) that couldn't deserve this success less. But if you go into this World Series accepting that one of them is going to win, and you're never going to hear the end of it, perhaps you'll be able to appreciate the actual players in the best pure baseball matchup we could have gotten.

Huh? He had been horrible in the postseason before that hit.

He was actually excellent in the TB series, including getting the series-clinching base hit in that matchup.

To me they're playing on house money. I was just hoping they could finished over 500. Congrats to a great TEAM!

I can't believe I missed watching that game.

I thought I was tuned in but it turns out it was a Duck Dynasty marathon.

He was actually excellent in the TB series, including getting the series-clinching base hit in that matchup.
Yea true, that TB series went by so quick I completely forgot about it.

i can't believe i missed watching that game.

I thought i was tuned in but it turns out it was a duck dynasty marathon.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll vouch for this, I'm a rays fan and that bastard always kills us. Was pretty good in 08 world series if I remember correctly. Crafty veteran player, gotta respect his game.

Great that Farrell replaced two of his smooth starters with a couple of gritty fighters in the last two games... the presence of Gomes and Bogaerts (sp) made a telling difference.

And great that the winning grand slam made up for two homer shots that missed by an inch and inches just earlier. Pedroia's blast, wh had to be reviewed, would have been three runs, and Gomes' shot would have tied the score.

So who gets to start game one?

And what is the best and most accessible redsox forum--cant find a good one

Patrick Roy 7-1 in his coaching debut :rocker:

Starting to come around on the Red Sox. Used to hate them for just trying to buy championships and always living in the shadow of the Yankees (kind of like the Jets to the Patriots), but it seems like their personality has really changed. I didn't care when they won in 2004 or 2007, but it could be different this time.
Really, brah? You didn't care about 2004? Probably the greatest postseason we will ever see in our entire lives with a 0-3 comeback against the hated Yankees and ending an 86 year drought, and you didn't care?

I'll vouch for this, I'm a rays fan and that bastard always kills us. Was pretty good in 08 world series if I remember correctly. Crafty veteran player, gotta respect his game.

what the **** is a rays fan? and in maine too?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back