PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Words on things I watched, read & heard

It's been like a decade long search haha. I remember talks of him looking for someone at the "star" position for years. I thought Telvin Smith was the ultimate fit for Bill at one point. There's was a few, I don't want to say "no name" players" but I cant remember their names. This 2003-2010 territory I think. Think he was a white guy built like a small backer. I'm drawing a blank. @captain stone might know. Anyway yea we've been on some journeys with Bill.
Wonder how he felt about FS/SS Adrian Wilson in the ‘01 draft.

Bacon Bits ...

• Bentley was awful. *Gets taken out/worked by C who climbs to him 2nd level. No eyes on contact, carrier. No hands. *Very next play Bentley cuts off washed. *Ok I'm waiting for the A22 but this fogs up my Oakleys. 3rd quarter 2/4. Bentley bites on the handoff but it's immediately clear the coverage is holding up. Wilson is back there buying time. So much space and grass in front of him. Bentley might have been covering underneath but someone needs to attack that angle. Go make a play big dog. You have to try to make it happen there. Again I'll admit if I'm wrong but sometimes you have to make play. Also situational awareness. Know where and where Wilson can beat you. It's the scramble there that's the killer. *2/9 Middle opens for Wilson. No closing speed or drive. Hesi and bites on fake. Should be closing with everything you have there for TFL once he saw the play develop. *Bentley near halftime gets eatin up. Flag on Sea holding Rivers but again no bueno. *Pancaked by Fant few plays later. Just some notes. I think two TD's came off a few of these plays. Hate to harp on him but he looked slow. No change of direction. Didn't bring the aggression needed to take on OL. He just didn't looked right out there.

JaWrong Bentley & the 'Roid Cheat Jete: THE WORST ILBs in the ENTIRE FECKIN LEAGUE.

Thanks goodness a steady vet like Todd Davis is still available, and that Bill knows when to pounce when he sees a hole that needs filling......

...oh wait...

It's been like a decade long search haha. I remember talks of him looking for someone at the "star" position for years. I thought Telvin Smith was the ultimate fit for Bill at one point. There's was a few, I don't want to say "no name" players" but I cant remember their names. This 2003-2010 territory I think. Think he was a white guy built like a small backer. I'm drawing a blank. @captain stone might know. Anyway yea we've been on some journeys with Bill.
Yeah I'd have to do some more research into those '03-'10 drafts, though off the top of my head Eric Weddle sounds like one of those guys just not quite as stout, more of a Free Safety growing into a SS than a natural SS/LB...Bill's choice of the Miami Stomper instead of him was his first never-made-any-sense 1st-round pick...but certainly not his last...

Talked a little about how certain coaches/styles win & translate to the running game. Whether it's winning by angles, misdirection, numbers advantage. Tite/Mint (Sabanese) kinda helps create a number advantage to the other side, defensively, by keeping your 2nd/3rd level defenders clean. Ideally at least.

Pats have run and you'll probably see it more with Cam now. You essentially give a pass rush at times but look below and you can see Seattle beating us off the line.

Basically tite or mint (Nick Saban) is 4i 0 4i. We've run a similar 5T 0 5T a ton in the past as well.

Eluemunor at RT was pretty good in those clips too...
Few missteps but he's made decent strides from last year. I'd feel better if Scar were still here but yea he's been good enough - good so far. Which is exactly what we needed from that spot.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back