PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Words on things I watched, read & heard

Damn, I actually understand the logic behind that Rohrwasser nickname. You've got a real gift.
True, but a pedant would point out that it's really "pipewater". I am that pedant ...

If Tampa had a competent coaching staff ...

If Tampa had a competent coaching staff ...

If Bruce & Byron really want Brady to coach, they'll allow him to call more plays - LOTS more plays - from play-action....I cannot believe the % is so damn low...

If Bruce & Byron really want Brady to coach, they'll allow him to call more plays - LOTS more plays - from play-action....I cannot believe the % is so damn low...
I'd love to know the dynamic there in terms of responsibility, decision making pertaining to play-calling behind the scenes. Is it as awkward as it is on the field? Again strictly play-calling, when & who they target but something's obviously working.

There's going to be exactly 1 QB on the trade or FA market worth significant trade/salary capital, and it's Watson. I have my doubts the Texans will honor the request because they're the Texans, and I also have doubts they would send him here. But holy **** I want him here.

There's going to be exactly 1 QB on the trade or FA market worth significant draft/trade/salary capital, and it's Watson. I have my doubts the Texans will honor the request because they're the Texans, and I also have doubts they would send him here. But holy **** I want him here.
15, 2022 & 2023 1st to start. I'd throw in Jackson and a 2023 4th.

Sure other teams like the jete can offer #2 overall but how much more are they willing to go? Houston will be a lottery team without Watson so they'll have multiple 1st for three years with our offer. Plus Jackson and a sweetener if need be.

I'm with you. Get Watson and with a little luck we're not thinking about the QB for 10 years. It's not like we won't have other draft picks and some $ to spend in FA.

I've been watching some old games and when I watched the NFCCG I did a double-take. Was that really Marcedes Lewis? The guy who gashed the Patriots in the AFC Divisional Round in '07 playing for the Jaguars? Now why hasn't he been spending his last couple of seasons in Foxboro?

Also, I never want to hear another word about what a poor draft choice Laurence Maroney was. His running in the Divisional Round and in the Championship Game against San Diego was exceptional and made the difference (certainly in the Chargers game when Brady was intercepted three times). That he didn't reproduce those performances later has to be down to injuries. That's life in the NFL. Here are links to the games.

This only works if you have not just one, but TWO Big DTs in the middle to help the EDs & LBs set the edges & fill the gaps...

I agree.

I think we only need one of the TWO Big DTs to a be a superstar, and I suggest using our 2nd round pick. Thor or Guy can be the other, and Butler on 3rd down. Can't have All Pros everywhere.

I seem to remember BB saying mid-season that Carl Davis (a dude off a practice squad) came in and made a difference, so I think BB is on the Captain's side with this one. :oops:

This only works if you have not just one, but TWO Big DTs in the middle to help the EDs & LBs set the edges & fill the gaps...
It only works if those DTs are Vince Wilfork and Ted Washington. Only 2 DLineman on the field 60% of the time. No wonder they couldn’t stop the run.
In the 2nd half of the Dolphins game in Miami, on a 3rd and one in the red zone the Pats had an alignment with only 2 Dlinemen aligned between the tackles. The only way that alignment was going to stop a conversion was if the RB tripped over his own feet. Needless to say, the Dolphins got an easy 5 yard run for the conversion and went on to score a TD. Horrible coaching which didn’t give the players a chance to succeed.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back