PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With September over what record do you expect from this team going forward?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What record do we finish with?

• Total voters

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
As camp was winding down and I assumed Cam would start the first month or so I figured we would likely be 1-3 through our first 4 as I didn't expect much from Cam. I feel like Mac has been a relatively marginal improvement over Cam (which I don't mean in a bad way) and we are still 1-2 and in all likelihood not going to beat the Bucs.

The defense looks like it is average at best and far from "elite" as I saw a few posters claiming it would be heading into week 1. The offense is about as vanilla as you can get and now losing James White I think is in even more trouble. Outside of Judon I don’t think think any of the new free agent additions are really moving the needle (in a positive direction). Hunter Henry doesn't look to be giving us much more than Matt Lacosse did. Smith looked terrible yesterday and I don't know if we have figured out the best way to use him. The receivers are what they are. JAGs who will make some plays and disappear sometimes. I guess Mills has been better than he looked in preseason so that's something.

Overall I think we end up in the 6 win range at the end of the year. These first 3 games were relatively easy compared to the rest of the schedule. Outside of the Jets and maybe the Jags I don't know how many more wins I would think we have a better than 50/50 chance at.

Sticking with 9-8. The defense is pretty good. The OL issues will get fixed I'm sure. But if Mac gets hurt and Hoyer's the starter then look out below.

I never saw this as a 10+ win and playoff team, not this year.

Sticking with 9-8. The defense is pretty good. The OL issues will get fixed I'm sure. But if Mac gets hurt and Hoyer's the starter then look out below.

I never saw this as a 10+ win and playoff team, not this year.
Lol if Mac goes down we might as well not even get on the bus for the next game.

This is an 8/9 team at best. An above .500 record would be a miracle given the 1-3 start. Yes, I am putting the Bucs game down as a loss a week before the game.

I think it will be a real struggle to get to 8-9 wins especially if the injuries keep piling up. We are a team that is just too undisciplined right now and not good situationally at all. Very tough to win a lot of games. It is a growing year.

I initially thought 11 or 12 wins. Now i'm thinking of 9 wins. I expected us to win against the Saints. Also I counted in a win against Buffalo which seems unlikely. Unfortunately the panthers game looks tough as well more than i thought

8-9 at best. I overrated them for a second straight year. Thought the O-line was a strength, but they look horrible. Thought the defense would be better. However, I assumed Gilmore would be back on the field.

We should have beaten the Dolphis if it wasn't for that fumble. Despite how awful the team looked yesteray it had a feeling that we still could have pulled it out. Defense not getting the stop when it really matters is concerning though.

Being a homer, thinking of best case scenarios, issues getting corrected and players playing to their potential I say we win 11 games. Realistically after seeing the first 3 games, I think we're a .500 club.

The defense is top 5 in points allowed, 7th in yards per play & 2nd in passer rating against. They are giving up 4.0 yards per carry. Judon & Uche are both top 10 in sacks. Godchaux looked better yesterday.

The defense has the talent to be very good & played well enough to be 3-0 with a capable offense. Can they not be 32nd in the NFL in the redzone?

I’d say 7-10 or 8-9. You can’t win anymore with the offense they’ve fielded since the second half of 2019.

I know there are some homers on the board (I don't mean that as negativity as it sounds) but I am honestly surprised that people still think this is a team that will hit close to double digit wins.

The early schedule was always going to suck. I know it isn't worth much, but before the season, I had us starting the year at 1-4 (including an embarrassing loss to Houston) and still ending up 9-8. I like our chances of pulling off upsets against Dallas and the Chargers. Carolina could be a tougher game than I anticipated, but Tennessee and Indy might be more manageable than I thought. We should be able to split with Miami and Buffalo.

I'm still thinking 9-8 until we start losing some games I don't expect. I expected both of these losses (and the win).

Sounds obvious but the offence has to turn things around to get a positive season....I had to go and look at the schedule again , at the moment I think 8-9 at best

The early schedule was always going to suck. I know it isn't worth much, but before the season, I had us starting the year at 1-4 (including an embarrassing loss to Houston) and still ending up 9-8. I like our chances of pulling off upsets against Dallas and the Chargers. Carolina could be a tougher game than I anticipated, but Tennessee and Indy might be more manageable than I thought. We should be able to split with Miami and Buffalo.

I'm still thinking 9-8 until we start losing some games I don't expect. I expected both of these losses (and the win).
I don't see how we stop Dallas's offense. As for the Chargers we have to head out west and I don't know how much Herbert learned after the beat down LA took last year but I think we would be lucky to take that one. Even the game against a bad Falcons team is on a Thursday in Atlanta which I think makes it a significantly tougher game.

8-10 wins. Playing better in November/December.

Sunday nights game will give me a better indication.

If we put up a good fight (7 point game, either way), I could see 9, maybe 10 wins at most. If we get throttled, I'd guess 7 wins at most. I don't see any reason to be upset at 7 wins, though, with a rookie QB and no real passing game. Right now this is a team that's relying entirely on the running game and defense to make stops and get turnovers.

They are going to he 1-3 at this time next week with 13 game. That means if they plan on winning 11 games they need to win 10 out of the next 13. Someone please let me know where those 10 wins are going to come from lol.

Considering this teams offensive line is a sieve and they can't stop the run or pass I have them at 5 or 6 wins.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back