PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With Bodden signed, draft a top 5 receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we do draft a Wide Out very early, as long as he isn't a huge reach. I want this because it will piss some people off. It will piss off people on this board who would rather quit than try again. We have the option because putting Moss, Welker and Lewis on the field can still get it done. Get back on that horse Bill. Don't let past failures turn you into a coward.

Think of it like throwing a deep bomb off play-action on 2nd and short. If it fails you still have third down. If it succeeds you really hurt your opponents. It's the part of football that separates the winners from losers.

Why do I get the feeling there are racist undetones to the this distrust of rookie WRs? As in, "Until proven otherwise, a rookie WR is a lazy, gangbangin thug". A number of fans didn't even want Moss for similar reasons.

Edit
This post mostly applies to those who do not want a round two WR because of Chad Jackson's and Bethel Johnson's bust status.

1. So you take you joy from people getting "pissed off"?:eek:
2. Take that racist crap and shove it. No one on this board has ever brought race into the subject. It is your bias that reads that into it.

You can take #2 as a suggestion or a warning. Do not accuse people here of being racist unless you have some facts to back it up. And if you do have facts, PM me or another mod and we will handle that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News