PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Winter meetings/ Red Sox rumos thread

8:03pm: Alex Speier of WEEI.com hears that the Red Sox will have to pick up most of Lowell's salary for a deal to go down. Texas would use Lowell at first, third and DH.

MLBTR

Stay Tuned. I will be giving you updates as they come in.

8:03pm: Alex Speier of WEEI.com hears that the Red Sox will have to pick up most of Lowell's salary for a deal to go down. Texas would use Lowell at first, third and DH.

MLBTR

Stay Tuned. I will be giving you updates as they come in.

So ... you are a fly on the wall ... nice.;)

Yeah good work intimidator....When I want to see any MLB updates on the winter meetings I just come here and it is great....Keep up the good work.....Much appreciated

Minus Lowell
Plus Beltre
Plus MaxRam

does this make the sox better? what does maxram offer that victor martinez doesn't?

I think Beltre is an improvement in defense at 3rd, but his offense is about a wash with Lowell whose swing is really good for Fenway. So the Sox are no longer interested in Salty or Teagarden? The guy that intrigues me is elvis andrus, but I doubt the rangers would part with a guy on the upswing like that at the SS position.

Minus Lowell
Plus Beltre
Plus MaxRam

does this make the sox better? what does maxram offer that victor martinez doesn't?

I think Beltre is an improvement in defense at 3rd, but his offense is about a wash with Lowell whose swing is really good for Fenway. So the Sox are no longer interested in Salty or Teagarden? The guy that intrigues me is elvis andrus, but I doubt the rangers would part with a guy on the upswing like that at the SS position.

It makes us better because Beltre is a great defensive 3rd baseman, and Lowell is very battered and bruised to the point where he can't play everyday. Beltre could also improve his offensive imput from moving from the Mariners, which have one of the worst hitting parks in the league, to Fenway. Max Ramirez could be the young catcher we develop into our future catcher or we deal him in a bigger deal. I like this all the way around for the Sox. It improves them.

9:04pm: Price hears that there's definite movement on this trade front.

Yeah good work intimidator....When I want to see any MLB updates on the winter meetings I just come here and it is great....Keep up the good work.....Much appreciated

Yep anything that happens with the Sox if it's a rumor it will come in here, if its actul news it will be a thread. You bet ya, that's what im here for.

9:24pm: Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports hears from a source who says the trade talks aren't currently very far along. The source doesn't see the deal happening now, but at the very least the teams are talking.

MLBTR

Why things keep on going back and forth. Wouldn't be the winter meetings without that.

Yep anything that happens with the Sox if it's a rumor it will come in here, if its actul news it will be a thread. You bet ya, that's what im here for.

Thanks for sorting everything out for everyone. Do you ever sleep?

The Red Sox "appear interested" in Mike Cameron, according to Joe McDonald of the Providence Journal.

Projo

Ed Price tweets that Adrian Beltre’s asking price– reportedly between $10 million and $11 million per year– is not something the Red Sox are prepared to meet.

MLBTR

The problem is no one will meet that. Scott Boras will have to accept less because no one will be paying that for him.

The Red Sox "appear interested" in Mike Cameron, according to Joe McDonald of the Providence Journal.

Projo

I've heard that rumor. and quite frankly I don't see it happening unless the Sox miss out on both Bay and Holliday. Cameron is 37 and a 1 year stopgap outfielder at best.

One name which could be interesting on the bullpen front is veteran lefty Darren Oliver, who rejected arbitration from the Angels Monday night.

Oliver pitched for the Sox in 2002, but has seen his career reborn as a reliever. For the last three years, Oliver has been a key member of the Angels bullpen and may have been their most dependable reliever in the second half of last year.

He's already drawn interest from six teams -- among them, Tampa Bay, Texas, Seattle and the New York Mets.

At 39, Oliver isn't in a position to get a long-term deal and could probably be had for a relatively affordable figure. He made $3.6 million last season with the Angels.

Comcast Sports New England.

11:08pm: The Red Sox are one of four teams involved with Bay, according to Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald. The Mariners and Angels are talking with him and Silverman hears indications that the Mets might be, too. Still, that's speculation at this point. The Red Sox are still interested in Matt Holliday and willing to get creative if Bay signs elsewhere.

Boston Herald

Hey Intimidator.......Have you heard anything or do you believe we are still in the sweepstakes to get Halladay or do you think the Jays are asking for too much still? Also I think we need 1 more solid starter and lackey is still out there, what do you think about the chance we get him? I liked harden as a backend starter but he got picked up by the rangers......Thanks and again great work.....

THURSDAY, 2:15pm: Evan Grant tweets that the Rangers met for a second time with Oliver's agents today, while the Red Sox and Angels are also still in.

MLBTR

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back