Winovich Tweet

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
This one I’m sure will lead to some discussion:

I’m assuming he’s not talking about a sweatshirt. :rolleyes:

I really don't think this "definitely" means anything. I'm his age, our people just say **** on Twitter all the time.

He is an odd duck for sure. Maybe not long for NE unfortunately

I'm not sure we should read much into it.

He could literally be talking about a sweatshirt he got that doesn't fit right. Maybe too simple of an explanation, but a perfectly reasonable one.

Or, maybe it's a spin-off on the jokes about girlfriends stealing their respective boyfriends' sweatshirts.

So many potential explanations. Sure, it's possible it's a Belichick reference and there is internal turmoil between Wino and the coaching staff/Belichick, but I wouldn't assume that's the case.

He is an odd duck for sure.
That’s probably the only thing we can say for sure in this thread. The rest is just the kind of thing that feeds a long offseason. Still an odd Tweet but the subsequent responses by him seem to be pretty harmless.

1. He's had a couple mental lapses in games when he missed his substitution onto the field for special teams or defensive sub packages.
2. I think a couple times, at least what I noticed, he got blown up on the edge and gave up large rushing yardage
3. He would help himself by not attempting to be a Gronk-like figure in social media, without becoming a serious and extremely competent all-pro football player first.

I'm not sure we should read much into it.

He could literally be talking about a sweatshirt he got that doesn't fit right. Maybe too simple of an explanation, but a perfectly reasonable one.

Or, maybe it's a spin-off on the jokes about girlfriends stealing their respective boyfriends' sweatshirts.

So many potential explanations. Sure, it's possible it's a Belichick reference and there is internal turmoil between Wino and the coaching staff/Belichick, but I wouldn't assume that's the case.
If he had a brain between his ears, which I’m assuming he does, he would have to know that the above Tweet would be interpreted in all the wrong ways. That means that he either doesn’t have any common sense/doesn’t understand context, or he was specifically talking about Bill and how he’s being deployed within the system. Given his random time on the sidelines this season, coupled with him mouthing off to Bill on camera, my guess is the latter.

I’m getting tired of his act, personally. He’s nowhere near good enough to warrant it. I remember in 2019, after a series of Instagram ****posts he made, Brady commented, “Study your playbook,” under one of them and it stopped. I get the impression that he may not be the hardest worker in the building.

If he had a brain between his ears, which I’m assuming he does, he would have to know that the above Tweet would be interpreted in all the wrong ways. That means that he either doesn’t have any common sense/doesn’t understand context, or he was specifically talking about Bill and how he’s being deployed within the system. Given his random time on the sidelines this season, coupled with him mouthing off to Bill on camera, my guess is the latter.

I’m getting tired of his act, personally. He’s nowhere near good enough to warrant it. I remember in 2019, after a series of Instagram ****posts he made, Brady commented, “Study your playbook,” under one of them and it stopped. I get the impression that he may not be the hardest worker in the building.
I really wanted to like this kid. I was hoping he would just step in this long run of LBs: McGinest, Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Mayo, Hightower... Wino. But it doesn't seem that is going to be the case.

I am confident in the organization's (IE Bill) ability to either get this kid clued in or replace him with someone better. Sadly, it looks more like he's headed down the Spikes road than Bruschi. Let's hope he doesn't end up on Chatu-whateverthehellit was.

I am probably in the minority but I'm ok with his 2nd year progress. Next year will be even better...

1610743275686.png

Seems like the new breed of athletes that is looking to "build their brand". I know these guys want to squeeze every bit of earning power they have out of the short timeline they have in the league but it can't get in the way of what they actually get paid to do. He just strikes me as someone who doesn't get it and may not be around much longer.

Like Antonio Brown

Like Brady's replacement Cant Newton
I think you need to look at the history of LBs here and BB's other coaching spots.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back