PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
They did a two-round mock on the air:

Trade 23 and 41 to get 15:

15. Mike McGlinchey, OT
31. Ronnie Harrison, S
63. Kyle Lauletta, QB

Here's how round 1 unfolded:

They're apparently doing it every Friday. Last week's was an epic FAIL, in that they had the Pats moving up from 43 to 41 to get Mason Rudolph. . . . and trading down from 63 to 228(!).

I like the Harrison pick and think he could easily be on the table there. I don't think they see tackle as high a need as does everyone else, are as enamored with Lauletta as speculated, and would pass over the talent they did.

Last edited:
Just noticed they could have stayed put and got Derwin James and Isaiah Wynn. I’d take that over McGlinchey and Harrison. I voted meh, but seeing that, I’d change my vote to fail.

Six OL in the first round seems like a lot for what I've read is supposedly a "weak" OL draft class.

I'd be physically sick if this was our draft. I'd only trade up if Bill fell in love with a QB or if an absolute stud defensive player fell to the teens.

Don't love McGlinchey. I don't really feel there is a day 1 starting LT in the draft. No point reaching for a guy for the sake of it.

Hate Harrison at 31.

one starter and two back ups, not what you are looking for with two #1s and two #2s

A PFF mock. What do you think?

Nice to see something different. I’d be ok with Lauletta, Pettis and Chubb personally.

Nice to see something different. I’d be ok with Lauletta, Pettis and Chubb personally.

I don't like Jewell at all. I'm probably in the minority, but everyone praises him for instincts and I simply don't see it. He makes plays when he's unblocked. Otherwise, he seems to pick the wrong gaps, and that's on top of a smaller frame and sub par athleticism. No thank you.

Otherwise, I think this is an outstanding effort. Chubb will be great.

They had me at Chubb. Haha. I think I'd like just a slight bit more for the 31st than a 5th rounder, but it's a draft of which to be very happy.

I was surprised to see Hurst and Jackson so high, and very glad that the BC kid Landry went in the top 10, too.

Trading up for Chubb or Vita is perfectly acceptable with me.

Steelers trade out of the 1st to Denver who takes a QB only to have the Steelers trade back into the 1st for a different QB? Makes no sense! And Lauletta at 40 is too high IMO. I'd much rather have one of the DBs. You passed on Kolton Miller at 63? I'm ok with Pettis in the 3rd.

I'd have taken Kolton or Falk at 63 and Avery at 148

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back