PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will we ever wear throwback jerseys this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitt25

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I know the team's not allowed to switch to Pat the Patriot helmets because of a new helmet rule, but still, they have the option to use the red jerseys (even if it might look incomplete without the right helmet). I'm not looking for a real answer, as none of us actually work with the team, but does anyone think they'll go throwback at least once this season?

I'm one of those guys who tries to wear whatever color the team wears during game day. So if they're navy blue home, I'm navy blue home. If away white, I'm away white. Throwback, throwback. And I'm missin the throwback jerseys right now.

It's been a slow week. lol.

I think it's been confirmed that there won't be any Pats throwbacks this year. Might be due to the new rule making teams wear the same helmets every game.

I'm surprised they would of made the rule with the helmets as it's a chance for the NFL to make money off of the retro jerseys.

I'm surprised they would of made the rule with the helmets as it's a chance for the NFL to make money off of the retro jerseys.

It has to do with the concussion issue more than anything. Why? I don't know. One would think that teams would use the newer, better helmets just with the old logos painted on. However, the rumor was that the league felt that using the different helmets would lead to players being more likely to suffer a concussion.

Don't know if there is anything that would prohibit the newer helmets from having the old logos or what.

The whole "same helmet" rule thing seems a little strange to me, but I guess I'll buy that they researched it and decided that it was a good idea. That being said, I think a red version (with white pants, to align with the old jersey scheme) of the new jersey might look sharp. Then you can still keep the flying elvis helmet and have it not look totally disjointed.

I hope not. I hate pink shoes and throwback unis...

ive seen teams in retro unis even today the rams used the old ones today?!?

use the 90's blue jersey's with the giant shoulder flying elvis for a throwback

use the 90's blue jersey's with the giant shoulder flying elvis for a throwback

That is a great idea. Those were very cool, very unique jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes