PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Patriots take back the division next season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the Patriots take back the division next season?

• Yes

• No but maybe in '23

• No, the Bills are going to win the division for at least 2-3 more seasons

• No, the Patriots will not win another division with Belichick as the HC

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe so, maybe not.

Honest assessment, Buffalo looked orders of magnitude better than us in 2021, yet they finished only one game ahead. It's a game of inches.
This is all very true but they also had a horrible stretch going 3-5 and losing to the Jags plus the wind game with us. The odds of that happening again are slim.

Good teams can lose games to bad teams but its not very often they play that bad for a big stretch. Whatever the issue was they fixed it down the stretch and we saw what happened.

On paper we have a tougher schedule and so do they. We absolutely cannot lose both games to Miami. At worst we need to go 4-2 in division to have any shot at 1st. Buffalo is 11-1 in the last two years with the one loss being the wind game. That's why those division games are so important.

I think the Bills will be on top for quite a while unfortunately. I expect us to have a bit of regression next year before we start to get better in 2023.
I totally agree. The thing is they are a pretty young team and drafts well unlike us. They have some cap money too and Josh Allen is a beast.

The problem with that thinking is that the Bills would have been 16-1 by that logic. Every loss but 1 came down to 1 play.
The difference between the Bills vs Pats showed itself in the last two games. 47-17. that's the reality of this. We also lost Josh and three assistants off a not too good staff already and our personal guy. This is not a good coaching staff.

Yes so many needs. they are bad drafting corners and wideouts,two big needs. They need a young stud tackle and linebackers that actually can play and run. They have drafted a group of linebackers and none of them are on the field. Let's face it all Hightower did this year was collect game checks. and Van Noy, less off the field talking and more on the field play making. both of these guys need to go.

I see a good 10 losses next year. I doubt they get to the playoffs in the next few years. If they do, it'll be 1 and done.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back