PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Garoppolo still be a Patriot when the draft ends?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Garoppolo still be a Patriot when the draft ends?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he isn't traded by tomorrow then it won't happen.

My totally uneducated guess was getting a #1 from the Brown's NEXT year and the #33 THIS year with another couple of seconds or a second and third whenever.

Wonder how Brissett looked during the offseason program? Did he show off his mechanics and did he go to a throwing coach to improve his mechanics?

Only BB knows the answers to these questions and he ain't sayin!

Jimmy G right how is at the apex of his value, low risk to the team that trades for him.. franchising a back up(24 Million) makes little sense in the Patriots economic value system as does not getting max value for him.

BB is smart enough to know what he will get to allow him the opportunity to help improve this team.. imo as I have contended all along, probably gone. Surprised if he is still a NEP after midnight tomorrow.

The word of God himself.

Jimmy stays.
except when it's not. he's good at what he does and he has good relationships with agents, players and team staff but his judgment isn't perfect (Mort, JPP).

See also tweet on twitter feed....even Starbucks dumped on him today.

except when it's not. he's good at what he does and he has good relationships with agents, players and team staff but his judgment isn't perfect (Mort, JPP).

See also tweet on twitter feed....even Starbucks dumped on him today.
No question Shefter is ethically challenged.....but the man is right/accurate very often.

No question Shefter is ethically challenged.....but the man is right/accurate very often.
I've seen him a couple of times at the airport talking to people (Curtis Martin once) and you can tell he's listening and engaged. But still at times it's a tit for tat business where he knowingly or unknowingly gets played for future benefit.

I've seen him a couple of times at the airport talking to people (Curtis Martin once) and you can tell he's listening and engaged. But still at times it's a tit for tat business where he knowingly or unknowingly gets played for future benefit.

Never met him but read an article in which he met his future wife who was widowed mother of 2 at a 9/11 fundraiser. He has 3 cell phones and never disconnects. When on vaca he'll pass on scoops to up and commers.

Never met him but read an article in which he met his future wife who was widowed mother of 2 at a 9/11 fundraiser. He has 3 cell phones and never disconnects. When on vaca he'll pass on scoops to up and commers.
My brother-in-law did some contracting work at his home and now he's in love with him because he hung out with them while they were working and asked them all kinds of questions, seemed genuine. Not your typical Jets fan.;)

I don't think he will not get traded especially when there is a possibility of a team that is searching for a possible unproven franchise QB and may consider it worth the pick value versus the trade value of a guy that the Patriots may or may not be considering trading to begin with. Outside of that, if we look at all possibilities pragmatically, we can discern that in the history of the NFL (SB era or beyond) there has never been a more potentially anticipated trade other than maybe Jona Guglia Meyer back in 52 but other than that I think the indicators are foppishly clear.

Well done.

You wanted to see how many would "Agree/Disagree" or "Like/Dislike" a completely meaningless statement, which is not saying a whole lot when it comes to Garoppolo speculation since 99.9% of the literally thousands of posts on the subject on this Board have, indeed, been "completely meaningless."

The mythical "Jona Guglia Meyer" was your version of a ;). In fact, if you Google "Jona Guglia Meyer," the first Search result is your post.

Pretty damn good. Right up there for "Post of the Year."

Last edited:
Well done.

You wanted to see how many would "Agree/Disagree" or "Like/Dislike" a completely meaningless statement, which is not saying a whole lot when it comes to Garoppolo speculation since 99.9% of the literally thousands of posts on the subject on this Board have, indeed, been "completely meaningless."

The mythical "Jona Guglia Meyer" was your version of a ;). In fact, if you Google "Jona Guglia Meyer," the first Search result is your post.

Pretty damn good. Right up there for "Post of the Year."
Did they even trade players in 50's? I thought I was reading a post by one of you old storytelling Boston Patriots loving bastids.

Yeah!!!

Wait, what???

I don't dislike the point that @Tony2046 is trying not to appear to be not making.

But, I do agree that disagreement on something so obvious is not an option when it is actually out of the question to not consider not thinking about it in the first place.

So, even though, @Tony2046 and I are probably never going to not disagree to the point that we can agree to not disagree about not disagreeing, I'm glad that someone finally summarized the collective wisdom of ten thousand posts in a hundred or so Garoppolo threads (right up to this one!) in one perfectly clear paragraph.

Could make tonight's soap opera (thx Thomas) much more interesting if he's moved.

Last edited:
I think he will be. I honestly don't think a team out there believes he's worth a first. If there was, he'd likely be gone already. If that's the case, I can see where the team is coming from. They'll have a guy that's 40, albeit the GOAT, starting at QB next season. Without a first they'll more than likely want to keep JAG unless Brissett has improved by leaps and bounds and they feel they can trust him in the event that the unthinkable happens. I guess we will find out soon.

I think he stays.

After thinking on it long and hard draft picks are over valued. And based on how the Pats have traded picks for proven players this off-season it appears that BB agrees.

Consider the last 2 1st, and last 2 2nd round picks the Patriots have made. Malcolm Brown and Dominique Easley. Jordan Richards and Cyrus Jones. Are any of those impact players?

Even if the Brown's gave up #1 overall and we picked Garrett. The thing is we would have to pay him ~7m/year for his 1st 4 years. So he pretty much needs to immediately be an average level starter for him to be fair value by himself. And that excludes the opportunity cost of losing JG. So really Garrett would have to immediately be an impact player for the deal to be good for the Pats.

As a comparison instead of paying JG + ~$7m year for Garret, BB paid $13m a year for Gilmore, who based on his contract we can pretty safely assume BB expects to be an immediate impact player.

So at this point I think BB sees more value in trying to finding starters in mid-round+ draft picks(think Logan Ryan, Duron Harmon, Flowers, Joe Thuney, Malcolm Butler,etc) and then adding proven NFL talent such as Gilmore and Cooks through FA, trading draft picks. And honestly I find it hard to disagree with that approach.

I don't dislike the point that @Tony2046 is trying not to appear to be not making.

But, I do agree that disagreement on something so obvious is not an option when it is actually out of the question to not consider not thinking about it in the first place.

So, even though, @Tony2046 and I are probably never going to not disagree to the point that we can agree to not disagree about not disagreeing, I'm glad that someone finally summarized the collective wisdom of ten thousand posts in a hundred or so Garoppolo threads (right up to this one!) in one perfectly clear paragraph.

We need a ratings option for "Agree, I think".

Still think it's more likely Brady is traded next off-season than Garoppolo traded this off-season.

This forum will be a very interesting place to be if that happens. I highly doubt they'll trade the GOAT if he's still playing like the GOAT, but stranger things have happened. A move like that would no doubt cause a mass exodus here.

Still think it's more likely Brady is traded next off-season than Garoppolo traded this off-season.
Am I allowed to mention the dream/nightmare I had ?

Brady requested a trade to SF to be closer to his parents. The Patriots traded him to SF for their #1 and #2. Patriots drafted Jamaal Adams at 1.2. Then they traded 2.2 + Chung + #72 to move up and take Reuben Foster.

When I remembered my dream, we had added Foster to Hightower, replaced Chung with Adams. And explained why we added so much to the offense this offseason - because we were going from The GOAT to The Jimmy.

Dreams can be weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore