PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will BBs philosophy change this year if the team clinches #1 seed this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dolphins Game...... Streak Ends?

Pretty much agree w/the board here--don't care about any streak....the Pats will get out to a comfortable lead w/the starters until midway of the 3rd quarter, then sit guys down and wrap up the regular season 14-2.

Thrilled about the bye, of course--just hate having to wait 3 weeks for the first playoff game. But again, it's ideal.

I look at this streak as just more gravy on what has been, what is, and what will continue to be one of the greatest careers of any football player in history.
I think it's fair to say we're all pretty big Brady fans. Years from now when he's hung up the cleats, and is enshrined in Canton, we'll all look back at this,
as well as so many other achievements that Tom has accumulated over his illustrious career, and we'll say, "This is why he's the best."

Yet while I relish in seeing Brady (and by extension the Patriots) succeed at every level, at the end of the day the streak does not mean anything to this season nor to this team.

Brady himself will tell you he wants that 4th Lombardi far more then some regular season streak.

Having the bye week and home field wrapped up, Belichick probably feels like he has every reason to play starters so they don't get rusty by mid January. Ideally I'd like to see them just play the first half. The home win streak is going to remain untouched for some time, and getting to the Superbowl is more important. But you can probably count on them playing at least until the end of the third quarter and winning the game. My concern is that they are playing against a coach who is trying to save his job right now. I don't need to see people getting concussions because the Dolphins decide to get clever with onside kicks and such.

I just hope they put the game away before anything like last season happens. Health in the playoffs is the most important thing when you've already got the top seed wrapped up.

I believe that our bench players can still beat them.

I think he'll do what he's always done (except in 07 when they were going for 16--0). Assuming they are healthy and not in a condition where they could benefit from two full weeks of rest, I think he'll play most of the starters for at least the first half and maybe a bit into the second half before he sits them. I don't think he'll change things just to keep the home streak alive. His eyes will be on the Playoffs and a trip to Dallas.

I think this is true, but BB will also try to win the game with whomever he plays. If Hoyer plays the 2nd half, they will still be trying to win, and trying to sling it all over the field.

Belichick: 'Don't need to risk any injuries' | WEEI.com | Rob Bradford
The Pats have already clinched the No. 1 seed in the AFC heading into the playoffs, have nothing to gain by beating the Dolphins, and still have the memory of Wes Welker injuring his knee in the final game of the 2009 regular season.

"I think the answer to that question is a complicated one, but in the end it comes down to a very simple formula and that's we'll do what's best for the football team," said Belichick when asked by the show's co-hosts, Fred Smerlas and Steve DeOssie, regarding his strategy heading into Sunday's game at Gillette Stadium. "We'll take the entire football team into consideration, but each individual player and his situation is a little bit different depending what the depth is at that position.

"We certainly don't need to risk any injuries at this point. Anybody who is not at 100 percent, this is probably not the game to put them out there and play them at less than that. At the same time, it's an opportunity to play and work on some things we definitely need work on. It's an opportunity to give some playing time to some of the players that may need to play that haven't played as much in recent weeks. We'll just try and balance all those things out and do what's best for the team."

It Is What It Is - Tom Brady on D&C: Logan Mankins 'wants to maul people'
On what Bill Belichick’s approach will be for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins:

I’m not sure, obviously, but I’ll tell you this: It’s not going to surprise me one bit for us to go out there and to do everything we can to win this game. I think that’s just the way [Belichick] has been approaching things all year. I would really expect nothing different from that.

On him wanting to play every minute of every game:

Of course. That’s the best part of the week, to be out there playing. To have a game where we don’t play this week or the following week — you really won’t play a meaningful game for three weeks. I don’t think Bill thinks that’s good.

On people questioning whether the starters should play in a game with no playoff implications:

I think it’s also the point that there’s only 45 guys active for a game each week. It’s not like in college, where you have 95 kids on the roster. In a situation like this, you say oh, what, so and so’s important but this person’s not important? I mean,that’s not the way it is. We’re all a part of this team. Listen, we’ve all been playing hard for the entire season. To go out and play this week — I think all the guys are excited about a 14-2 record, 14-2′s a hell of a record. That’s a great goal for us. That’s as good a record as we’ve had, other than 2007. We’ve played a lot of good football teams this year, and to finish it off the right way this week, against a team that really is always a tough opponent for us, would be a great way to finish the season.

Last edited:
Cameron Wake of the Dolphins

What is his status for game? I seem to remember that he was basically unblockable in the first meeting of these two teams. If he is on the field then I do not want to seem Brady out there. I believe that he knocked the stuffing out of Brady before.

What's the point of beating up Brady? Let Hoyer get his stuffing knocked out; it will build character.

Re: Cameron Wake of the Dolphins

I'm pretty sure he's suiting up to play.

Our O line has been playing well, do not want to give anyone, unless injured, three weeks off..

Opportunity to get some reps in on a premier rusher..

Our O line has been playing well, do not want to give anyone, unless injured, three weeks off..

Agreed. He's the one Miami Defensive player that I am concerned about, because he lives up to his reputation.

Where do you get three weeks?

Where do you get three weeks?

Last Sunday to today. Today to next Sunday. Next Sunday to the following weekend when the Pats play again = 3 weeks.

Agreed.

Lets play scared this week and see how that works out for us in the playoffs.

Last Sunday to today. Today to next Sunday. Next Sunday to the following weekend when the Pats play again = 3 weeks.

But he played last week

Good job OL.

Cameron WHO????

Vollmer, Light, Ojinakka, and LeVoir did an excellent job shutting Wake down..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back