PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will anyone watch the XFL this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught some of the first game on dvr in between my youngests 2 bball games today... Didn't seem too bad and I like some of the rules changes

What is MLR?

My little Roman

My little Rift

Major league racquet ball competition

My little ronie

Mega lift racks

My limp renguini

I don't know.

Probably rodeo or something, big ups to the guy coming into the XFL thread to do a ****post about how cool he is for watching rodeo

I wasn’t planning to watch and didn’t watch much but had some downtime late afternoon and it was football so I liked what I saw. Making this statement as a really big fan of football is what ultimately leads me to where Kontra is. I don’t think it will get very far, I don’t think there is a huge demand out there for spring football.

For me it was reminiscent of the USFL experience which I did enjoy for the first couple years, especially the Houston team with Jim Kelly and the Minnesota team with Bobby Hebert, and Paul Maguire/Jim Simpson on the ESPN telecasts. But I got bored after that and when they sued the NFL I lost interest, not due to any great love for the NFL at that point but more due to seeing that as an admission by the USFL that springtime pro football is ultimately a nonstarter since it is too out of whack with when all other meaningful football is played.

Watch the what? When?

OK...yeah, i've heard about it, but not, not this weekend...there was a piece on local NYC news about a player in the league and he didn't look like he could get out of training camp in Foxboro without keeling over.

If I turn on a football game I fear that my girlfriend's head will explode.
Preferably the idea is for her to give you some, not have it blow up. :cool:

Watched it for a bit yesterday, it seemed to move along, but not knowing anything about any of the players made is less enjoyable..

What was interesting, after hearing it about 50 times while I watched, was that the LA Wildcats QB, Janoff only had 5 practices before this game. Guess the learning curve is better if you are a Princeton Grad..

Interestingly cannot find a box score this AM..

My little Roman

My little Rift

Major league racquet ball competition

My little ronie

Mega lift racks

My limp renguini

I don't know.
Make like Ross12.

That Phillip Walker kid looked like the real deal for Houston yesterday.

the LA Wildcats QB, Janoff only had 5 practices before this game.
I think his name is Jagoff, same as all the other players in this farcical concept.

Interestingly cannot find a box score this AM..
Doesn't surprise me. But they make sure to include betting odds alongside the score during games. :rolleyes:

This is just like the XFL's other failed attempts -- put some lipstick on an anonymous pig and try to fool people into seeing it fly. Hopefully it goes away soon.

Last edited:
I think his name is Jagoff, same as all the other players in this farcical concept.

Doesn't surprise me. But they make sure to include betting odds alongside the score during games. :rolleyes:

This is just like the XFL's other failed attempts -- put some lipstick on an anonymous pig and see if you can fool people into seeing it fly. Hopefully it goes away soon.

Did Vince McMahon piss in your cheerios? Let people enjoy things.

Did Vince McMahon piss in your cheerios? Let people enjoy things.
Didn't you know? I am the arbiter of all things right and proper. Besides, I don't eat Cheerios. Just let me rant. o_O

Can’t be worse than a lions game

Didn't you know? I am the arbiter of all things right and proper. Besides, I don't eat Cheerios. Just let me rant. o_O

Every forum needs a few resident haters.

Every forum needs a few resident haters.
But I am VERY selective in that regard and reserve the right to call out other haters' improprieties. :eek:

I like Houston's uniforms and bringing back the Oilers logo. Houstons play was good too.

I watched one game and enjoyed it. I will probably watch another today. I'm not a good enough prognosticator to see the success or failure of the league and history doesn't lend a lot of optimism for their future, but with modest expectations and strict cost control, they might have a chance of sticking around. Of course they will never unseat the other league but they are not trying to. They are just trying to get in on the 'printing money' game that the other football league enjoys.

Nope. It will die a horrible death like the previous leagues (USFL, XFL, UFL, AFL, AAF).

Unless they do some WWF in the mix with the reboot-XFL...

upload_2020-2-9_12-7-11.png
:oops:

Last edited:
Definitely the coolest rule I’ve seen. The NFL is too stubborn to implement something another league came up with.

How many years did it take them to institute the USFL challenge flag?

totally agree the NFL—the copycat league—won’t make these changes even though they are pretty good

Probably rodeo or something, big ups to the guy coming into the XFL thread to do a ****post about how cool he is for watching rodeo

I want to go to a rodeo and say to everyone I encounter that “it’s not my first rodeo” until someone beats me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes