PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork, Seymour named semifinalists for HOF

Rodney will probably not make it for a long time as he was not liked around the league. The Trent Green injury cemented him as a dirty player.

The Hall loves them some Steelers. Hines Ward is textbook Hall of Very Good and has a reputation for being dirty almost as much as Rodney Harrison - but i bet Ward will get in anyway. LOL

Amazing how few Patriots are getting in despite winning 6 titles. Maybe it's the BB factor.

The Hall loves them some Steelers. Hines Ward is textbook Hall of Very Good and has a reputation for being dirty almost as much as Rodney Harrison - but i bet Ward will get in anyway. LOL

Amazing how few Patriots are getting in despite winning 6 titles. Maybe it's the BB factor.
Hines doesn’t deserve it. He was a good player and that’s it. He was never a game changing #1 WR. And yeah, he was really dirty and I hated his constant Joker face. The media found it so cute...I found it creepy.

What they can't put 3 Patriots so Rodney is out? They don't like him? These things are just a big joke just like the Pro Bowl.

Rodney will probably not make it for a long time as he was not liked around the league. The Trent Green injury cemented him as a dirty player.
Which was not a purposeful dirty hit.

You know what REALLY pisses me off is that Stanley Morgan isn't among that list. Ward, Smith, and Johnson were all very good WR's, so was Morgan, and while he didn't rack up the same yardage as those 3 you have to consider that they played in different eras. DB's had much more leeway to be physical with WR's than they did in the late 90's and early 2000's, even before the Polian intervention over protected QB's and WR's.

Just to stats to make my point further. Morgan AVERAGED close to TWENTY ypc (19.4). To put it in perspective Ward, Smith and Johnson, all semifinalists averaged either 13 or 14 ypc. Another stat that impressed me, was that over 14 seasons in a far more physical league, the 181 lb Morgan played in 88% of his possible games (188 out of 224)

If Hines Ward deserves to be a HOF semifinalist, then so does Stanley Morgan

In a time when every LT who plays in a Pro Bowl seems to gets in, why doesn’t Bruce Armstrong ever get any attention. Guy was multi time Pro Bowler and 2nd to TB12 in games played for the Pats.

You know what REALLY pisses me off is that Stanley Morgan isn't among that list. Ward, Smith, and Johnson were all very good WR's, so was Morgan, and while he didn't rack up the same yardage as those 3 you have to consider that they played in different eras. DB's had much more leeway to be physical with WR's than they did in the late 90's and early 2000's, even before the Polian intervention over protected QB's and WR's.

Just to stats to make my point further. Morgan AVERAGED close to TWENTY ypc (19.4). To put it in perspective Ward, Smith and Johnson, all semifinalists averaged either 13 or 14 ypc. Another stat that impressed me, was that over 14 seasons in a far more physical league, the 181 lb Morgan played in 88% of his possible games (188 out of 224)

If Hines Ward deserves to be a HOF semifinalist, then so does Stanley Morgan

In each of his first six seasons he averaged over 20 YPC ... 22.38 to be exact

Rodney was better than Lynch and as good as Dawkins with a better post season showing by far.
I've been on this for years now but Harrison not in is so weak.

1)Stats - 34 INT, 78 PD, 15 FF, 40 TFL, 30.5 sacks. Impact player on all three levels - behind the los with over 100 big time play a in TFL, Sacks and QB hits. 2nd and 3rd level with over 100 INT/PD. Almost 1000 solo tackles.

2)Impact player two SB defenses at different points in his career. Been to and won multiple SB's.

3)Longevity - Harrison played his balls off every game for 15 years and was durable throughout his time in the league for the Most part. Started 159 out of 186.

I really don't care about a few hits that were borderline. I'll take Harrison on my squad all day. I'll take a few "dirty" hits from that position all day, no problem. He was also a big presence in the locker room.

Wilfork and Sey should definitely get in.

Pats need to stay on top of this stuff. We know the league will try and bury us the minute Tom, Bill and co are out of the game. We'll never be the Steelers in that regard. We deserve to be represented accordingly and need to stay on their azs about this stuff. No team has ever dominated like us and again we absolutely should be represented in the HOF.

Which was not a purposeful dirty hit.

lol.. yes it was. It sure as hell was.. the ball was already out of Green's hand before Rodney dove for his knees. There's not a football player that doesn't know something bad will happen when you go for the sides of someone's knee.

Pats need to stay on top of this stuff. We know the league will try and bury us the minute Tom, Bill and co are out of the game. We'll never be the Steelers in that regard. We deserve to be represented accordingly and need to stay on their azs about this stuff. No team has ever dominated like us and again we absolutely should be represented in the HOF.

Rooney campaigns his arse off for his players. Greene, Fanaca and especially Bettis were all borderline candidates and they got in fairly quickly compared to other players of similar stature. I honestly hate that Bettis is in. He averaged less than 4 YPC and in the playoffs less than 3.5. His playoff "high"light? Almost fumbling away the 2005 divisional round vs the colts. I would have put Hines Ward in before him. Terrific blocker, team leader and a SB MVP.

Bob needs to start doing this for his players. It's a joke that Edgerrin James got in so fast while Law, Seymour and others have waited. James is in that same group as Bettis who I wouldn't let in.

lol.. yes it was. It sure as hell was.. the ball was already out of Green's hand before Rodney dove for his knees. There's not a football player that doesn't know something bad will happen when you go for the sides of someone's knee.
I don't believe he went in that low on purpose. Now, whether he could have stopped himself when once he found himself that low is another question. But, I don't believe he went after Green with the idea of causing an injury.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back