PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Wild Card game discussion: Bears @ Saints

said no one ever
Alumni and current students are the only people who say that. That and the rednecks who didn’t go to the school (or college in general) but root for them.

Tampa's front seven had better be otherworldly next weekend or their secondary is going to get abused.

Oh please. That’s not a TD.

Maybe I am a bit biased (well I am definitely a bit biased but that doesn't mean I am wrong) but NO looked awfully beatable today by, say, a better team with a QB who, say, has a lot more playoff experience than Trubisky.

I might be in the very small minority that thinks picking up Robinson would be a huge waste of money if it's at least the 3yr/42m he got last time. I already thought that well before this game. 1.54yds separation this game on 4 targets until that last useless drive. 2.3yds the whole year (ended up with 2.35yds for the game with that last WR screen jacking up the #s). He's clearly a good player, but not at those rates.

Any guess when the bucs vs saints game might be played? My guess the late game on sunday.

Maybe I am a bit biased (well I am definitely a bit biased but that doesn't mean I am wrong) but NO looked awfully beatable today by, say, a better team with a QB who, say, has a lot more playoff experience than Trubisky.
They matchup well vs Bucs though, specially if Bowles keeps playing that zone. Only way Bucs win is some Brady magic

They’ll beat the Saints. Brady has never been swept in a 3 game season series and I doubt it starts this year.

They aren’t losing again this year. IMO
We smiled when your fans said this the 1st time because we know the Buc's poor coaching and pretty undisciplined play.
Bucs are clearly outmatched in both. It is a team sport that includes Coaching, Offense, Defense, and Special Teams + depth.

We giggled when your fans said this the second time because we saw the Buc's poor OL, WR routes, running game, and DS... and again poor coaching and pretty undisciplined play. Brady is playing very well if he has time.

And again your fans are saying the same thing. At what point do you laugh at a person running their head into a brick wall saying they will do it this time?

We love TB, but his team and coaching is the problem.

Bucs have a great QB, DL ( though Suh is an emotional child, it's why he never became great ), WR Evans, and Godwin what else?

Saints have an above-average QB, Great DL, DS, OLB, OL, RB's, WR's, SP, Kicker, Tayson Hill, O coaching, D coaching, and SP coaching,
+ depth

.. and your playing on our practice field.

Im not going to bet money that you will break that wall with your skull again. We think your in for a very hard game to win. Maybe your fans need to think about things this time. Or wear a safety helmet this time, so you don't have another huge headache after.

We smiled when your fans said this the 1st time because we know the Buc's poor coaching and pretty undisciplined play.
Bucs are clearly outmatched in both. It is a team sport that includes Coaching, Offense, Defense, and Special Teams + depth.

We giggled when your fans said this the second time because we saw the Buc's poor OL, WR routes, running game, and DS... and again poor coaching and pretty undisciplined play. Brady is playing very well if he has time.

And again your fans are saying the same thing. At what point do you laugh at a person running their head into a brick wall saying they will do it this time?

We love TB, but his team and coaching is the problem.

Bucs have a great QB, DL ( though Suh is an emotional child, it's why he never became great ), WR Evans, and Godwin what else?

Saints have an above-average QB, Great DL, DS, OLB, OL, RB's, WR's, SP, Kicker, Tayson Hill, O coaching, D coaching, and SP coaching,
+ depth

.. and your playing on our practice field.

Im not going to bet money that you will break that wall with your skull again. We think your in for a very hard game to win. Maybe your fans need to think about things this time. Or wear a safety helmet this time, so you don't have another huge headache after.
Hey pherein.
We’ll see. I just have seen this show before with Brady teams here in NE peaking at the right time. And I think they’re a different team since 38-3. They’ve been playing great in December-January and it was the Falcons comeback that really got my attention and made me think this team is going to make a run. I know they’re not great but division rivalry matters and that was a statement, They just had their way with an excellent WAS defense. And 3 game series against division rivals are not easy to sweep.

I do think it will be a great game for sure either way.

Hey pherein.
We’ll see. I just have seen this show before with Brady teams here in NE peaking at the right time. And I think they’re a different team since 38-3. They’ve been playing great in December-January and it was the Falcons comeback that really got my attention and made me think this team is going to make a run. I know they’re not great but division rivalry matters and that was a statement, They just had their way with an excellent WAS defense. And 3 game series against division rivals are not easy to sweep.

I do think it will be a great game for sure either way.
Hey sb

Yeah, we'll see. That was with great coaching, discipline. and all-around well built team. The Bucs are not that, and their weaknesses have not been improved. Brady needs a solid OL. Been proved in 2 games that even the good Buc's DL cant beat the saints OL.
Actually what we saw was a bad WAS team almost beat Buc's because of a good, but young, QB. Was way too close with a team that bad.

Sweeps dont matter, it's just a game to players, and Saints coaching seems to know Buc's way better than Buc's coaching know Saints. Sweeps only matter to fans, to the players it's just the next game, and who has the better plan again?

Should be fun, hope the best for TB, but our DL will not give him long to pass.

3 points against our DL, OLB today before garbage points, remember that. Titans are a better team than WAS.

Last edited:
Look Pherein...you know me well...I'm no bullshyt artist. Bowels's defense is putrid. He will call the same soft zones and rush 4 the entire game. I expect the Saints to tear that secondary apart. The Bucs WILL move the ball on offense though. The only hindrance being Pigface and his meddling in the offensive game plan. The Saints have THE major advantage on the coaching level....it's league elite versus league moronic. I won't root against Tom Brady ...ever...but if the Saints win it's safe to say I'm black and gold the rest of the playoffs. I despise that jumpy punk fraud Rodgers.

Look Pherein...you know me well...I'm no bullshyt artist. Bowels's defense is putrid. He will call the same soft zones and rush 4 the entire game. I expect the Saints to tear that secondary apart. The Bucs WILL move the ball on offense though. The only hindrance being Pigface and his meddling in the offensive game plan. The Saints have THE major advantage on the coaching level....it's league elite versus league moronic. I won't root against Tom Brady ...ever...but if the Saints win it's safe to say I'm black and gold the rest of the playoffs. I despise that jumpy punk fraud Rodgers.
I know you very well Joker, a very good man, and Fan of NE. Very well respected. Agree Bowels's defense is very blitz heavy, kind of shows desperation. Though I wouldn't rule out Bowel knowing he was beat 2x and getting out of his element. Try something different, and this is where discipline falls apart, and it won't work. If Bowel does the same thing he's not very good either with soft zones. Seems his backs against a wall.
We have the better coaches on O, D, and SP on the field, I agree.
I respect that, and you should not, TB is your QB, a great guy, and you should rout for him. We respect TB to no end, he is GOAT.
Remember before we were robbed of a SB vs TB, and Patriots ( Goodell could not have that) I was going to wear a saint jersey with Brady 12 out of respect.
root for your QB and we have to root that Brees can pull it off.
I think a lot of people are counting us out again, but we have a good team and would be proud if any Pats fans supported us later.
I want the Saints to beat Rogers so bad, would be cool, because no one thinks we can.
Wanted Brady to take him out, but that didn't work out lol
Brees would have to play a great game in the cold... or wait maybe the team will have to?

Last edited:
Though I do have to say the Saints offense is a strange animal this year. It seems like they just decide we will make 24,28, 45 pts this game. before the game. They will make all the points in the 1st half, 3rd quarter or 4th. Saints can score 31pts in a quarter. Maybe it's because of the lack of Thomas or stability in the WR core, and Brees having to throw to so many guys on the depth chart, but it is erratic. OR maybe it's compounded with SP's plays, that guys are not ready for, I don't know. Or Brees takes longer to figure out defenses, I don't know
But once the Saints offense figures you out, you're in trouble.

Last edited:
False Biskit is trash, as is the rest of da Bears 'offense."

Their GM & HC should've been fired a long time ago. Keep their DC maybe.

Last edited:
I’d love to see Brady retire Brees after he failed to retire Peyton. I don’t see it though. Lattimore owns Mike Evans

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back