PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wide Receivers depth chart

So many initially had Parker and Bourne as WR1 and WR2. Both seemed to have vanished of late - virtually no targets or catches in recent practices. Suppose it might just reflect their current installations.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, for now...
It was reported that Parker looked good during TC scrimmages, and he does have an imperfect injury history, so maybe he's being monitored in order to have him good to go on Opening Day;
Bourne worked well with Mac last year and continued to work with him during the offseason, and maybe he's going to be running some 49ers' gadgets this year so he's being kept under wraps for the time being;
Agholor & JonNo Smith still need the reps with Mac, so it makes sense that they've been targeted a bunch;
And I also don't mind seeing the 4 yutes get the rest of the reps with Mac to see if any of them besides Thornton really distinguish themselves...

So many initially had Parker and Bourne as WR1 and WR2. Both seemed to have vanished of late - virtually no targets or catches in recent practices. Suppose it might just reflect their current installations.
I was a pinch skeptical about Parker, as he's been literally last in Separation for WR/TE the last 2 years and tied for 3rd to last in 2019 (when he had his big season). Bourne, I'm not really worried about. We'll see how it goes.

Meanwhile, USA Today writes big article on Agholor landing spots.

Facts don't care about your feelings:

They don't care about your supposed "Talent evaluation" skills either.

Montgomery has decent skills as a RB (4.6 YPC on 258 rushes). His catch % is deceiving. He had 5 drops on 89 targets with 57 catches the last 3 years. He has had numerous different QBs throwing him the ball the last 4 years. So that may have something to do with it.

Meanwhile, USA Today writes big article on Agholor landing spots.

Arizona is my darkhorse landing spot for Agholor. Hopkins is out for 6 games. Green was already injured with a hamstring injury. They lost Kirk. Marquise Brown was just arrested for doing 126mph. He could face 30day in jail. No word on when the trial will be.

They have Rondale more, but he's more of a slot guy.

Greg Dortch and Andy Isabella aren't exactly going to light things up for the Cards.

The Cards also have $17M in cap space.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, for now...
It was reported that Parker looked good during TC scrimmages, and he does have an imperfect injury history, so maybe he's being monitored in order to have him good to go on Opening Day;
Bourne worked well with Mac last year and continued to work with him during the offseason, and maybe he's going to be running some 49ers' gadgets this year so he's being kept under wraps for the time being;
Agholor & JonNo Smith still need the reps with Mac, so it makes sense that they've been targeted a bunch;
And I also don't mind seeing the 4 yutes get the rest of the reps with Mac to see if any of them besides Thornton really distinguish themselves...
Whaat, whaats a yute?

Harris, Rham, Strong, Harris should be the main backs. JJ Taylor and Montgomery should be the ones fighting for a spot.

I think ideally you're right, but I haven't seen anything out of Kevin Harris that makes me think he's a lock for a role on this team. And even so, I'm not sure Montgomery is competing with him directly. Harris is fighting for a back up early down RB role, where Montgomery is competing for 3rd down, passing back snaps against Pierre Strong. I want Strong to win it, obviously, but if his blitz pickup isn't adequate yet, I'd rather let Montgomery fill the role and keep Mac upright while Pierre refines that part of his game.

But yeah, if Strong is ready to go in pass protection, his upside is through the roof, so I'm rooting for that.

Not sure how many of you looked at this article..

I would rate only the Steelers, jets, eagles, bills, Bengals, Vikings , rams, broncos and bucs wide receiver room looking better than us . Panthers , raiders WR class would be a tie with us . With our depth and TE duo we should really be a handful for opposing defenses if we get our playcalling and offensive line act right.

We should be in top 15 of WR class... And maybe top 10 in defense and top 5 in RB. So let's keep rolling.. Go Pats..

Not sure how many of you looked at this article..

I would rate only the Steelers, jets, eagles, bills, Bengals, Vikings , rams, broncos and bucs wide receiver room looking better than us . Panthers , raiders WR class would be a tie with us . With our depth and TE duo we should really be a handful for opposing defenses if we get our playcalling and offensive line act right.

We should be in top 15 of WR class... And maybe top 10 in defense and top 5 in RB. So let's keep rolling.. Go Pats..
Raiders WR's a tie with ours really Adams and Renfrow are Tops at their positions on the outside and in the slot. I am sure a decent 3rd or 4th guy should emerge from their group.

Raiders WR's a tie with ours really Adams and Renfrow are Tops at their positions on the outside and in the slot. I am sure a decent 3rd or 4th guy should emerge from their group.
Based on our depth ...if bourne /Meyers is your wr4 that's a good problem to have..

Based on our depth ...if bourne /Meyers is your wr4 that's a good problem to have..
I am sure McDaniels will be watching our roster for the likes of T Nixon and K Wilkerson they already know his Offense. I would hate to see either go to the Raiders for free. :headscratch:

Man... not even 1TD for Meyers... I think even Rodney Dangerfield got more respect than this... (or maybe he has the inside scoop that he's gonna get traded or something)

Man... not even 1TD for Meyers... I think even Rodney Dangerfield got more respect than this... (or maybe he has the inside scoop that he's gonna get traded or something)
And none for Jonnu Smith either really Zo I don't think we signed him for that.:confused:

Turned down ALL trade offers? Time will tell. If I’m a Pats receiver and I hear offers were turned down…I’m feeling good. “The team wants me”…that’s motivation for me.
Brady read that and did this:rolleyes: never game me Five good WR's.:rofl:

Roll Eyes Mack GIF by Ros na Rún

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes