PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wide Receivers depth chart

Keep moving the goal posts, that’s what people who do not understand math do when discussing statistics.
So now it is no longer that the point totals are “fake” because of outliers, which I 100% proved wrong, but now they are fake based upon who you scored them against?
So Buffalos highest scoring games were against the Jete, wash, Houston and the chiefs
KCs were NOT the teams you listed (because you again are deceptively and dishonestly counting games that are not included in the ranking)
Were the Raiders twice (26th in points allowed ie. 7th worst) Philly and Pitt.
By the way points scored rankings are regular season rankings so you are lying by including post season games, but of course you are.
So Buffalo losing to Jacksonville by scoring 6 points, NE by scoring 10, Indy 15 and Pitt 16 is irrelevant?

You are clearly over your head, evidenced by I stress of being able to understand math and statistics, you lie, deflect and want to use someone else’s work that you don’t understand.
Not taking your fantasy numbers seriously is a blessing.

Always has been. Same as your Maroney days.

At the end of the day, I don’t give a sh*t were they “rank”, but rather the type of players they have, how they could match up against contending teams and what happens vs these contending teams.

The 2021 Pats were a front running team where they needed to control the game via run and have the defense keep them in the game. When the defense couldn’t hold, the offense was dead to rights majority of the time, which is why they were 3-7 vs teams above .500. I don’t care if they ranked 1st in PPG, they were not a good enough offense to respond after getting punched in the mouth.

This is why Bill traded for Parker and traded up in the 2nd round for Thornton. It’s not rocket science putting these two together that the passing game has to get better to contend.

And the 2014 Pats aren’t a good example as they were clearly the best team in the AFC, had a winning record vs teams above .500 and eventually won the Super Bowl.
Spot on.

Parker, Agholor and Thornton need to step up for the Pats to contend.

Not taking your fantasy numbers seriously is a blessing.

Always has been. Same as your Maroney days.
Fantasy numbers? Points scored. Lolololololololol

Spot on.

Parker, Agholor and Thornton need to step up for the Pats to contend.

Yep, these 3 dudes hold the key to the season, because this offense will have to carry this defense; and in order to do so, explosive plays from our Outside Receivers will need to come early & often, or at least often enough...

Yep, these 3 dudes hold the key to the season, because this offense will have to carry this defense; and in order to do so, explosive plays from our Outside Receivers will need to come early & often, or at least often enough...
While I agree, I think that the addition of Flowers would go a very long way toward improving the defense, along with someone stepping up as an outside corner.

Bb’s fattie options:

1.) Drafting a fattie run stuffer for the defensive line, might not have helped much in 2022 as rookies have a lot to learn and got the rookie wall.

2.) signing a free agent fattie would have been difficult given our cap tightness.

3.) trading for a fattie might have been an option, but not as popular in the nfl as other sports.

Maybe our best chance to add a fattie is via final roster cut down day. A young veteran could come cheap and step in relatively easily!

you don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "need". Godchauax doesn't suck, although we could have used an upgrade.

Not trying to derail this wide receiver thread but anyone who states that Godchaux sucks is either a hater or is misinformed. The main problem last year with him was inconsistency. Perhaps that was a matter of assimilating to the Patriots system or perhaps the coaching staff did not always put him in the best position to succeed but there were flashes of dominance, most notably the first regular season game against the Bills. 2020 was derailed by injuries but in 2019, no interior defensive lineman was credited by with more run stops than was (32, per PFF).

The talent is there. Does he need to be more effective throughout the entire season than he was in 2021? Sure, but let’s not go full r£tard just for the sake of bashing him.

Last edited:
Lawrence Guy doesn't suck, nor has he ever sucked.

He's getting up there in age and snaps, but he's still solid.
Agree…but at this point in his career he is about average. Sometimes that’s not enough

I think Myers is our best WR until proven otherwise. A lot of question with all of our receivers, but at least we’ve got a lot of them! Some should make some improvement and lead to an okay unit…

I think Myers is our best WR until proven otherwise. A lot of question with all of our receivers, but at least we’ve got a lot of them! Some should make some improvement and lead to an okay unit…
I think that Bourne is our best receiver. If you go back and watch last year's games. When the Patriots got him involved early, the offense really clicked and did well.. When they didn't get him involved early, it stalled.

Meyers is an excellent safety valve. But he's not a catalyst. That's why I could still see the Patriots trading him before the start of the season.

I like Meyers but it’s not surprising his teammates were rooting for him to score his first TD all last season.

He has everything you need to be a #1 except speed, he’s slow. If he had speed he’d already be paid. I think Bourne is a shade faster and the two of them are redundant.

If they want to get more speed on the field they can’t play both of these guys with Parker, Agholor and possibly Thornton, Nixon, Wilkerson and others needing snaps.

If the young guys emerge in camp and preseason trade Meyers to a QB needy team. You’ll have flipped another UDFA and turned it into a draft pick, that’s gold… free money.

It's already proven he's not their best WR. Bourne was way more efficient with his opportunities last year and it's not even close.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back