PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wide Receivers depth chart

His production here has been JAG. JAG, JAG, JAG. And alligator armed. I'd expect a slobbering sycophant like you to make excuses for him. And you did.
Shut up pu ssy. Go back to whatever sewer you were in before you came back to post your typical stupidity. Loser.

Last edited:
His production here has been JAG. JAG, JAG, JAG. And alligator armed. I'd expect a slobbering sycophant like you to make excuses for him. And you did.
In 2020 Agholor ranked 2nd in the entire NFL in yards per catch… facts suck for you.

37 catches for 473 yrds 3 tds 12.8 ypc.

Are these jag wr numbers or not?

Has anyone mentioned successful WRs drafted after Harry ?
Lets pray to new AND old gods we're NOT saying the thing regarding Thornton.

Thornton, Jurgens, OG Pickens, Pierce & Moore. Metchie, Robinson and Watson all went 34-44, within reach.

Lot riding on this pick. Against consensus, top 50 and we traded up. I don't care about #'s this year bc we're actually somewhat deep at WR. Not stacked or dripping with talent but it's a very good group as a whole.

Sounds like an opinion more than having inside information.
An opinion like "the sun is going to rise today" or "water is going to be wet."

37 catches for 473 yrds 3 tds 12.8 ypc.

Are these jag wr numbers or not?
In 2020 he had 48 catches for 896 at 18.7 yards per catch (2nd highest average in the NFL) and 8 TD's...

But you think what changed for him, was not going from a veteran QB to a rookie, but rather his talent disappeared from one season to the next... sounds legit.

He's a free agent after this season, they're free of him. It was more important that Mac Jones had experienced veteran receivers around him than the Patriots spent a little too much money in his developmental rookie season.

Thornton, Jurgens, OG Pickens, Pierce & Moore. Metchie, Robinson and Watson all went 34-44, within reach.

Lot riding on this pick. Against consensus, top 50 and we traded up. I don't care about #'s this year bc we're actually somewhat deep at WR. Not stacked or dripping with talent but it's a very good group as a whole.
If Thornton gets red-shirted this year but Tre Nixon becomes a Pro Bowl caliber player and they make the playoffs... the negative types will still whine about the Tyquan pick and ignore how this team is winning. It has always been thus...

Again…we had a rookie QB last season. Is that so hard to understand? You can’t catch the ball if it’s not thrown to you.

Ballsy move by Groh and BB to draft Thorton, but its hard to have any confidence in the pick given the track record at WR. I still can't believe the Pats thought Harry was a better option than AJ Brown or Deebo. I didn't know it at the time but PFF had Harry down on the draft board due to his lack of separation. Not to mention that Harry has a pretty poor work ethic/attention to detail by NFL standards. What a disaster.

You'd think the Pats would start to follow the consensus board at WR to get the monkey off their back, but I guess not.

I didn't know it at the time but PFF had Harry down on the draft board due to his lack of separation.
They also had J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Andy Isabella, and Hakeem Butler as their 3rd, 4th, and 6th WRs, ahead of Deebo Samuel at #7. Those rankings look like they were decided via dart throw rather than any kind of expert analysis.

They also had J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Andy Isabella, and Hakeem Butler as their 3rd, 4th, and 6th WRs, ahead of Deebo Samuel at #7. Those rankings look like they were decided via dart throw rather than any kind of expert analysis.
All the players draft guides and grades get wrong rarely comes up in these conversations… it’s only after the results come in that so & so said this… ignore the hundred other examples they got wrong.

Where did they have Terry McClaurin I wonder?

N’Keal doesn’t suck because of “separation,” he sucks because he’s a dunce when it comes to football smarts and softer than Charmin tissue.

Why are we revisiting a 2019 draft pick anyway… are we going to flagellate ourselves for the next decade or so?

In 2020 he had 48 catches for 896 at 18.7 yards per catch (2nd highest average in the NFL) and 8 TD's...

But you think what changed for him, was not going from a veteran QB to a rookie, but rather his talent disappeared from one season to the next... sounds legit.

He's a free agent after this season, they're free of him. It was more important that Mac Jones had experienced veteran receivers around him than the Patriots spent a little too much money in his developmental rookie season.

I was all for spending money last offseason on some weapons for Mac. In the case of Henry and Bourne it’s paid off. With Jonnu and Nelson to this point not so much.

I get that Nelson had a great year in 2020 and yes going from a vet in Carr to a rookie in Mac will have an effect on stats. But I’m not going to put it on our rookie as to why his yardage was cut in half from the previous season. If that was the case then Bourne’s numbers would’ve taken a hit as well. Maybe part of it was Agholor just falling back to his career averages in those 5 years in Philly before Vegas.

Holy ****. I didn't know that. What the heck could have been the knock on Deebo? He seemed like a Patriots type player all the way. There may have been an injury concern IIRC.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back