PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wide Receivers depth chart

This video doesn't shock me. In high school, our starting QB was small and didn't look like he could curl a 15 pound dumbbell....he was lifting with the lineman. I'm sure many of you guys see this all the time in your local gym of a guy who doesn't look very strong, but surprisingly is.

Last edited:
This video doesn't shock me. In high school, our starting QB was small and didn't look like he could curl a 15 pound dumbbell....he was lifting with the lineman. I'm many on here see this all the time in your local gym of a guy who doesn't look very strong, but surprisingly is.
He also went against two really good safeties in practice everyday at Baylor in JT Woods and Pitre. Probably helped him get so solid around the redzone.

I just really hope he gets a fair chance at camp. If he learns the playbook and shows what he can do then he could be a real weapon. Maybe some "ifs" and "could be" but really want him to succeed.

He also went against two really good safeties in practice everyday at Baylor in JT Woods and Pitre. Probably helped him get so solid around the redzone.

I find this more encouraging than how much weight Tyquan lifted. Any player can get leaner and stronger, we were all 22 and remember those days, but not all can get the mental part of the game.

Harry and Perry are gone IMO. I always thought Wilkerson showed some flashes when he gets the opportunity, but he never sees the field. Nixon is interesting and is really pushing for a good hard look.
The true cost of repeatedly allowing Harry to prove he wasn't a WR was curtailing Wilk's pt/opportunities - which is a damn shame. I thought he looked like an actual NFL caliber WR. Not a great one - but comfortable JAG type ability, minimum. Harry was...nothing but a tease. He showed some fire in that first preseason game where he dinged his hammy and then never looked comfortable in the offense again.

I thought it was a mental/confidence issue. The fact the staff repeatedly tried to force him into the passing game last year, to me, supports the notion. He seems to have all the tools, but can't get it together on game day. He was excellent in run blocking but got out muscled in the passing game. It didn't make any damn sense. He would ear hole a lb one play and then get owned by a CB 4 inches shorter and 30# lighter than himself the next.

Meyers is definitely in an odd spot. If he signs contract two with us, I fully expect a Troy Brown type career for him. He just consistently does what he is supposed to. Parker should be an upgrade over him, but also brings major durability questions.

Agholor is hopefully made disposable by Thornton.

The offense has the serious potential to dominate defenses. With some oline health, the question is whether the defense can manage a few stops. The o should be able to dominate the ground and I fully expect the passing game to be opened up a bit this year.

Josh McDumbass leaving for Oakland should be the single largest improvement to the run game. That ****head DESPISES the run game.

How many times on 3rd and short does one fanbase need to watch Brandon Bolden lose a yard? Nothing against Bolden - I just prefer the least talented runner not get the "do or die" carries in pivotal moments.

Josh McDumbass leaving for Oakland should be the single largest improvement to the run game. That ****head DESPISES the run game.

How many times on 3rd and short does one fanbase need to watch Brandon Bolden lose a yard? Nothing against Bolden - I just prefer the least talented runner not get the "do or die" carries in pivotal moments.
The personnel selection was very weird with Bolden or White on obvious running situations, but I had more of a problem with the formations. I sure hope we don't see the dreaded goal line formation in the middle of the field on 3rd and short which was a McDaniels' staple.

Hey dipsht, a post from before his sophomore season began after he missed almost his entire rookie season means what?

There’s an N’Keal whiner thread already that you’re desperately trying to keep pinned at the top of the board… don’t drag your BS nonsense into unrelated threads.

The rest of us have moved on with our lives…

Hey dipsht, a post from before his sophomore season began after he missed almost his entire rookie season means what?

There’s an N’Keal whiner thread already that you’re desperately trying to keep pinned at the top of the board… don’t drag your BS nonsense into unrelated threads.

I wouldn't pay attention to the anti-American...

I agree bad form to bring back a quote taken after watching Harry play half his rookie season. Rule of thumb for a rook should be 2 seasons to see what we have. In Nkeals case we were hopeful that the 2020 offseason work on footwork/quickness would translate on the field but it never happened.

I agree bad form to bring back a quote taken after watching Harry play half his rookie season. Rule of thumb for a rook should be 2 seasons to see what we have. In Nkeals case we were hopeful that the 2020 offseason work on footwork/quickness would translate on the field but it never happened.
Venereal is just upset we’re talking about the 2022 Patriots instead of focusing his N’Keal thread and what happened in 2019.

Thornton will be my #1 guy to watch for in training camp. We will know very early on whether he will play this year.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back