PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wide Receivers depth chart

4 WRs is too thin.

I will be disappointed if Thornton doesn't contribute in a big way this season.
My guess is they are grooming him to replace Aguhalor (jk) in 2023 with this being a red shirt year.

or replacing Myers in 2023.
You think they're grooming Thornton to be a slot receiver, because that's where Meyers played the most.

You think they're grooming Thornton to be a slot receiver, because that's where Meyers played the most.
sigh

One of Agholor or Myers will hopefully be on the 2023 roster. Belichick is quite capable of assigning responsibilities which will be different depending on who is one the team.

PARKER, BOURNE, AGHOLOR, THORNTON
PARKER, BOURNE, MYERS, THORNTON

My personal preference is for Bourne be our #1 slot receiver. Thornton will learn many roles. It is not at all clear which four will be on the 2023 team, or for that matter which 4 or 5 will be on the 2022 roster.
=================
But yes, if Myers is extended as is being negotiated, then Thornton will be expected to take Agholor's role this year or next.

Gunner was being compared with Edelman after 4 years on the previous page... and yes I agree that he was a weak WR here.
He was shifty, but turns out he sucked...
Maybe he'll be a stud elsewhere, Pats couldn't WAIT any longer obviously.

He's gone, so what.

He had 54 targets his rookie year.
350 yards and 1 td is not what the Pats are looking for after choosing a WR as high as Thorton. Jonnu Smith produced 284 yards and 1 td and nobody here is waving pom poms over last season.

If those numbers are what you are hoping for and expecting then you dont get whats going on in the NFL today.
It isn’t revisionist history that he was huge the last game of the year when Welker was hurt (10 catches for 103 yards) and in the playoff game that followed (6 catches and 2 TDs).
Edelman was so good that he hardly played WR for the next 2 seasons.

Why? Spin me up a good story.
You keep on with nonsense and that’s what it is, nonsense
Nonsense is the idea that the Pats drafted Thorton and are willing to wait 5 years to develop him.

It took Edelman 5 years to land at WR for good. He is the only player in 20 years who you can point to and claim that NE isnt terrible at drafting WRs.

My guess is they are grooming him to replace Aguhalor (jk) in 2023 with this being a red shirt year.
Probably

If Agahlor has a good season then its unlikely he would sign another contract for less than he is making now.

Mac is gonna have some long TD passes this year.

How can this be? I had a read many times on this site the Bourne had a “big” contract and that he was overpaid.
I don't feel like looking it up, but I don't recall complaints for Bourne's contract as he's playing for peanuts. He's going to get more money soon.

Agholor was the one with many complaints.

I don't feel like looking it up, but I don't recall complaints for Bourne's contract as he's playing for peanuts. He's going to get more money soon.

Agholor was the one with many complaints.
The funniest part about this, go look at what Christian Kirk and Zay Jones signed for this offseason... Agholor is a downright value at his price.

It's Mac who has to improve in 2022, not Agholor.

The funniest part about this, go look at what Christian Kirk and Zay Jones signed for this offseason... Agholor is a downright value at his price.

It's Mac who has to improve in 2022, not Agholor.

Please put down the crack pipe immediately and please start back in your meds.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back