PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wickersham book discussion

Wow., if Tom hates Bill this badly, can't wait for the whooping we're going to get on Sunday...
It appears Kraft hates Bill just as much. LOL

Is that a surprise? This is coming from the guy that hired lip readers to sit in the stands and read the play callers lips and signal in the upcoming plays. Shanahan is the reason coaches cover their lips with their play sheet when calling in plays. He also cheated the salary cap...twice!
I can see Shanny naming names but Goodell goes over the top anyway.

Doesn't take away from the fact that this was avoidable if BB called the league ahead of time - but now we know this punishment without a doubt is all about appeasing jealous opponents of the Patriots. Heck I'd say the same thing to Goodell too if Bill's Pats whipped my teams ass every year- it has to be the video tapes yeah that's it.

I have been on the record saying I can't stand the guy and I think he is a fraud but this book has bombshells over it, it seems. I agree with you that both sides were talking to him. I have no idea why but this weasel seems to have found a way in to the most impenetrable organization in sports. Or perhaps everyone was ready to tell their side finally?
Got a lotta big personalities, egos and players/coaches/owners who care deeply about their legacy.

I think you also have enemies who have no issue sharing their experiences.

This would confirm the reports that Butler mouthed off to one of the Pats coaches...at the time we thought it was Brian or Steve Belichick but it looks like it was Patricia.
Someone had said he was drunk and/or high, too. That wasn’t the case. Any effective leader of men (which Patricia is most definitely not) pulls Butler aside and helps him get his head right.

It appears Kraft hates Bill just as much. LOL
I think hate is a strong word.

If he hated him he'd be gone.

I think "tolerate" is a better term.

And as long as Bill wins and the NEP franchise valuation keeps increasing he ain't going anywhere.

Now I'm angry again about the benching.

IF true - the MB problem was not on MB. It was a coaching failure. That's an unacceptable reason to throw away a SB.

If this is indeed the reason - someone's head should have rolled. BB's own or his staff. Sorry.

I think hate is a strong word.

If he hated him he'd be gone.

I think "tolerate" is a better term.

And as long as Bill wins and the NEP franchise valuation keeps increasing he ain't going anywhere.
He’s not winning, though. Not anymore. Hopefully that changes, though.

Here’s an interesting question - given everything in this book, do you think Bill leaves after the season?

Here’s an interesting question - given everything in this book, do you think Bill leaves after the season?
This is what I am wondering. If RKK already doesn't really like dealing with BB and the team finishes with 5 or 6 wins this year is next year Bill's last season if it doesn't go well?

Someone had said he was drunk and/or high, too. That wasn’t the case. Any effective leader of men (which Patricia is most definitely not) pulls Butler aside and helps him get his head right.

Patricia probably thought he was some sort of defensive genius and didn't need Butler..and instead got his ass handed to him by Nick Foles lol. But to be fair, Bill did say it was performance reasons for Butler's benching, so it could be that Patricia got into a heated argument with Butler because he wasn't practicing well.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Judge gets fired in NY...so far he's been all talk and nothing to show for it. That would open up the NYG coaching position for Bill if he wanted it.

This is what I am wondering. If RKK already doesn't really like dealing with BB and the team finishes with 5 or 6 wins this year is next year Bill's last season if it doesn't go well?
If the Giants tell BB indirectly - they can't do it blatantly or that's tampering - that their job is his if he wants it then I think all bets are off.

This would confirm the reports that Butler mouthed off to one of the Pats coaches...at the time we thought it was Brian or Steve Belichick but it looks like it was Patricia.

Patricia...

LOL.

"Bill was an idiot savant," Kraft told a confidant, according to the book, alluding to Belichick's reputation before he hired the former Cleveland Browns coach in 2000. "I gave him this opportunity."

It's clear this guy has found people willing to give him juicy quotes and I'll credit him for that but this is all you need to know:

Kraft, Brady, Belichick and the Patriots declined to be interviewed by Wickersham for the book, but they are quoted from on-the-record interviews with the author from the past two decades.

And ya when you are like Bill winning fixes everything and now that it's over this is what happens.

So Butler was benched because of an argument with Patricia?

Good to see the National Enquirer is still printing... Haven't seen it in the super market lately... good to know they have moved onto sports books... :rolleyes:

don't think i will read this one... i'm sure i will get all the anti-BB rhetoric i need from the Bradytonians and the anti-Brady inside info from the Sons of Belichick...

< sigh >

Animated GIF

Interesting story here on Brady dealing with this fame.

• Brady's adjustment to worldwide fame early in his career was more difficult than he ever let on publicly. Cars would follow him home from work. At one point during the week leading up to the 2002 Super Bowl against the Rams, Brady literally ran from fame. He and some friends decided to hit Bourbon Street in New Orleans, and before they could even enter a bar or restaurant, a crowd formed around him so thick that all of them took off down the sidewalk and ducked into an alley, hiding until the fans had dissipated. "Our life has changed," Brady told his parents after the win over the Rams. "You're gonna change, and I'm gonna change."

The NFL is a multi billion dollar business. I don't think any of us appreciate how large a number that is. Kraft certainly does, however. He is smart enough to realize the even if Bill is a eff'n a-hole, he's making Kraft chit ton of money.

So Butler was benched because of an argument with Patricia?
I know it's sad. Everyone is looking for some sort of hidden reason but I always thought it was just a coaching choice. If this is really the reason and they also brought back Patricia....I mean? We have many rings but you can't just throw the SB away. He had to go back in at half.

Interesting story here on Brady dealing with this fame.

• Brady's adjustment to worldwide fame early in his career was more difficult than he ever let on publicly. Cars would follow him home from work. At one point during the week leading up to the 2002 Super Bowl against the Rams, Brady literally ran from fame. He and some friends decided to hit Bourbon Street in New Orleans, and before they could even enter a bar or restaurant, a crowd formed around him so thick that all of them took off down the sidewalk and ducked into an alley, hiding until the fans had dissipated. "Our life has changed," Brady told his parents after the win over the Rams. "You're gonna change, and I'm gonna change."
It was so difficult that he married one of the most famous and successful women in the world. I think he adjusted pretty well.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back