PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wickersham book discussion

My breakdown on the early quotes:

Brady wanted out in 2017. We know he wanted out after they lost to Eagles, so this is not news.

Butler calls coaches "those dudes" and MFers. You mean he was pissed after he got benched? Shocking.

Kraft calls Bill and azzhole. Meh. Bill is not warm and fuzzy. Made everyone on Foxboro a lot of money. So Kraft may not like him that much.

Mangini fistfight: BFD. Bill shoulda popped him.

I really believe those in the media have it out for Bill, and will really make an effort to make him look bad.

My breakdown on the early quotes:

Brady wanted out in 2017. We know he wanted out after they lost to Eagles, so this is not news.

Butler calls coaches "those dudes" and MFers. You mean he was pissed after he got benched? Shocking.

Kraft calls Bill and azzhole. Meh. Bill is not warm and fuzzy. Made everyone on Foxboro a lot of money. So Kraft may not like him that much.

Mangini fistfight: BFD. Bill shoulda popped him.

I really believe those in the media have it out for Bill, and will really make an effort to make him look bad.
Do you blame them, though? Comes with the territory when he spends the better part of 20 years either telling them nothing or making their jobs hell. Still, **** the media in general, but Bill can’t complain about this. He’s been asking for it.

• After Spygate and during U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter's inquiry into whether the Patriots had videotaped the St. Louis Rams' walk-through practice before Super Bowl XXXVI, former Rams coach Mike Martz said he believed that New England had also videotaped the Rams practices during the week. "I'd like to hang Belichick by the nuts," he told a confidant.
  • During Spygate, then-Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan backed Belichick and told Goodell that he wished he had videotaped signals and was disappointed for not thinking of the cheating methods himself. Goodell had called coaches and executives trying to learn more about New England's videotaping practices. Nearly all of them wanted Belichick severely punished -- except Shanahan. "You can't say that Bill Belichick is a bad guy," Shanahan told Goodell. "Bill is just better at it than most are."

That confirms it to me. It was Bill's fault but now we know why the actual punishment was over the top. Jealousy and wanting to bring the Patriots down.
Is that a surprise? This is coming from the guy that hired lip readers to sit in the stands and read the play callers lips and signal in the upcoming plays. Shanahan is the reason coaches cover their lips with their play sheet when calling in plays. He also cheated the salary cap...twice!

HAHAHAHAHA the explanation for Butler’s benching. What ****ing idiocy by that fat slob, Patricia.

This would confirm the reports that Butler mouthed off to one of the Pats coaches...at the time we thought it was Brian or Steve Belichick but it looks like it was Patricia.

Do you blame them, though? Comes with the territory when he spends the better part of 20 years either telling them nothing or making their jobs hell. Still, **** the media in general, but Bill can’t complain about this. He’s been asking for it.
Agreed. He's brought a lot on himself. I don't see me buying the book, knowing it is gonna really paint Bill in a bad light. He's the most successful HC in the most ruthless business there is. so he might be a ****? Shocking.

Long before Tom Brady left New England for Tampa Bay, he apparently had his sights set on Los Angeles.

ESPN’s Seth Wickersham on Oct. 12 will release a new book titled, “It’s Better to Be Feared: The New England Patriots Dynasty and the Pursuit of Greatness.” The book promises to offer unprecedented insight into the Patriots dynasty, specifically the relationships between Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft.

But ESPN on Wednesday released a preview for the book, and it contained multiple juicy details, including this nugget:

The strain within the franchise had been coming for years, the book says. At one point years earlier, if there was an NFL franchise in Los Angeles, Brady might have tried to force a trade there, according to those close to him.

“Kraft sometimes groaned to confidants that Belichick didn’t show him the respect he deserved, but he was in no rush for life after him,” Wickersham writes. “Brady, though, seemed ready for it. … ‘I don’t want to play for Bill anymore,’ he told people close to him in 2017.”

That is an absolute insane reason to not play him.
Fireable. I can't believe that's why Bill would throw away a Super Bowl.

You deal with it by telling MB to find his own way back to Boston and clean out his locker - not by deliberately crippling your team's chances to win a championship.

My opinion of Wickersham's has evolved.

I still think hes a little weasel but before I thought he was full of **** with maybe a smattering of truth in his articles.

Now i'm not so sure.

I think BB and those close to him talks to Wick

I think TB12 and Yee talks to Wick

I think Kraft and those close to him feed him stuff.

No question the man has connections to the key players.

I still think hes a little weasel but before I thought he was full of **** with maybe a smattering of truth in his articles.

Now i'm not so sure.

As much as everyone crapped on his piece he did a few years ago there ended up being a lot of truth in there.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
This really sucks. If the Kraft stuff is true, cant see BB staying after this.
Um. It already has been happening.
7-9 with a lot of close games isn't really nose diving. Without BB and coaching stability, we'll be cellar dwellers for the next half decade at least.

Now i'm not so sure.

I have been on the record saying I can't stand the guy and I think he is a fraud but this book has bombshells over it, it seems. I agree with you that both sides were talking to him. I have no idea why but this weasel seems to have found a way in to the most impenetrable organization in sports. Or perhaps everyone was ready to tell their side finally?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back