PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why You Really Hate Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncos fan here (let me throw that out there), but I've been on here for a little bit and I've had very good and non biased discussions, so I'll see how this goes. I don't engage in the annoying "my team does everything great and your team doesn't" nonsense. I personally believe Belichick is the greatest NFL coach EVER. I think Brady is a legend (I can't even rank him with a number, but he's on the NFL Mount Rushmore). Personally, I'd like to have Brady over Manning, not based on QB'n but just because of how intense and competitive Brady is, and I relate more to that.

Even as a Broncos fan, I have no hate for Brady. The DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virginia) I've lived in is a melting pot of fans. I definitely see fans that hate Brady simply because he's a winner and I try to stay away from those fans. They hate him because he has the rings, a super model wife and probably kills their team when they play. However, there are some fans that have somewhat legitimate reasons for their dislike. Not many teams like another teams QB. Some hate/dislike Brady because of Tuck Rule and "alleged" preferential treatment from the refs (not from Roger G). I've heard people get pissed after Brady gets sacked and looks to the refs, who sometimes appear to throw the flag after seeing him on the ground. In addition, Brady screams in the faces of refs more often than most, and I don't believe I've seen him get flagged. I also see people that don't like Brady somewhat because of the Pats fans in this area. I can recall the year you guys won the Super Bowl and the 1st couple weeks of the season a Pats fan would come into work every morning calling out Brady's stats and talking about the teams he beat. Then the Chiefs game happened on Monday night, which was just a horrible game for #12 and this guy came to work saying the O line was crap, Belichick didn't protect Brady, the run game is sub par and all types of things besides saying Brady, along with the whole team just had a horrible game. People that never said a bad thing about Brady started to be Brady haters every since. I must admit, there are a lot of those types of fans here in the Baltimore/DC area.

Again, I have nothing but respect for the Patriots (who I call the true "America's Team) and love our yearly matchups. This was a great article, just trying to add an outsiders perspective.
You're clearly a real football fan, and I want to bounce my impressions off you. The Broncos, a fellow original AFL member, are a team I used to respect. They had as passionate a fan base as any in football, and when Red Miller left us to coach them in '77 naturally I was rooting for you against the hated Cowboys in the Super Bowl. Denver maintained a nearly incomparable stretch of superior defenses for many years, of course led by Joe Collier, who later wrapped up his career here.

There was of course lots of ballyhoo surrounding Elway's landing in Denver, he deserves credit for simply making plays to win games, especially in game-winning drives. The downward trend seemed to start around 1997, when they followed the Patriots' terrible example and ruined your logo and uniforms; apparently virtually unpublicized salary cap violations coincided with the two Super Bowl wins, and since there appears to be an ignorant sense of entitlement there, along with especially passionate ignorance in believing the Patriots' cheating propaganda-perhaps fueled by your local media? Anyway, Denver has lost all likability today, not coincidentally with Elway "on board" again in the front office.

Your thoughts, corrections, responses, ideas? Thank you!

You're clearly a real football fan, and I want to bounce my impressions off you. The Broncos, a fellow original AFL member, are a team I used to respect. They had as passionate a fan base as any in football, and when Red Miller left us to coach them in '77 naturally I was rooting for you against the hated Cowboys in the Super Bowl. Denver maintained a nearly incomparable stretch of superior defenses for many years, of course led by Joe Collier, who later wrapped up his career here.

There was of course lots of ballyhoo surrounding Elway's landing in Denver, he deserves credit for simply making plays to win games, especially in game-winning drives. The downward trend seemed to start around 1997, when they followed the Patriots' terrible example and ruined your logo and uniforms; apparently virtually unpublicized salary cap violations coincided with the two Super Bowl wins, and since there appears to be an ignorant sense of entitlement there, along with especially passionate ignorance in believing the Patriots' cheating propaganda-perhaps fueled by your local media? Anyway, Denver has lost all likability today, not coincidentally with Elway "on board" again in the front office.

Your thoughts, corrections, responses, ideas? Thank you!

Thanks for the acknowledgement. I consider myself a pure football fan. I love this sport and can't let my "fanhood" override the sport or my take on other teams. Denver fans have been very passionate from the early AFL days and even saved the franchise in my opinion. I respect your viewpoint, but I wouldn't let a team changing their logo and salary cap violations from 20 years ago cause me to still dislike a franchise. I'm sure there are media outlets in the Denver that may spread Patriots cheating propaganda, but honestly, that's everywhere but New England. I'm sure if you go to media pundits in Cincinnati, you'll find articles accusing the Pats of cheating, it's everywhere. I don't spread this or bring up refs in my football talk, so I can't comment on news outlets in Denver. Even living in the Baltimore, DC area, I know a lot of Bronco fans, and I rarely hear any Patriot hate. If you come over to our message board, you won't find many mentions of Brady or the Patriots cheating. If anything, most respect the heck of New England and specifically Belichick. What you guys have put together over the last 15 years is remarkable and something we're hoping to continue.

We hate who we fear... eg. ....Russia, Peyton Manning (you can secretly admit it).
We resent those without flaws....in appearance, in character, in determination, in skill
We demonize those who stand in our way
We see the world in black and white, good and bad, hero and villain
We are imperfect
TB12 is less imperfect

We hate who we fear... eg. ....Russia, Peyton Manning (you can secretly admit it).
We resent those without flaws....in appearance, in character, in determination, in skill
We demonize those who stand in our way
We see the world in black and white, good and bad, hero and villain
We are imperfect
TB12 is less imperfect
We seem to be quite different from some Bruins fans, or some Celtics fans...I don't resent Bill Russell or Bobby Orr...or, someone from out of town...like Steve Tasker, or...Lou Groza!! Or Joe Montana.

When an opponent has just made it clear to the entire world that they're, well, unrootable, then it's much easier to be Johnny Most about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back