PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Tyrod Taylor is Turning Heads (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tierod Taylor Career: 39-54, 1 TD, 2 INTs

Tierod has to deal with the front sevens of the Dolphins, Pats and Jets six times this year. Let's not order the bust for Canton just yet.

And you have to realize how homeristic and outright silly this is. As if every guy whose ever played in the NFL did not start in college. I've seen you bring up Taylor's college success in another thread. Big whoop! That means nothing, absolutely nothing. There are hundreds of free agent QBs sitting around who starred at QB in college, often breaking school records.
Matt Cassel says hi.

I have a feeling our secondary is going to have a good game. Harvin had 350 yards last year. Watkins had 982. Brown had 1698 with 13 TD and we held him to 1 TD with a top tier QB in Ben. If the Pats can stop the run and keep this kid in the pocket they will limit their scoring.

I'm more worried about our OL against their DL. Their front 4 are all beasts.

All of a sudden I'm feeling like D Mac / D Harmon could have a big game...... BB will bait the inexperienced QB into throwing into a trap..200_s.gif

Tierod Taylor Career: 39-54, 1 TD, 2 INTs

Tierod has to deal with the front sevens of the Dolphins, Pats and Jets six times this year. Let's not order the bust for Canton just yet.

The pats front seven is nowhere near as good as the Dolphins and jets front seven, much less the front seven he practices against. Don't get the point of this, especially not with including the patriots front seven in there. We're good, but let's not pretend we're top 5.

The pats front seven is nowhere near as good as the Dolphins and jets front seven, much less the front seven he practices against. Don't get the point of this, especially not with including the patriots front seven in there. We're good, but let's not pretend we're top 5.

I would agree the Bills and Jets have better D Lines but the Patriots have the best front seven in the division. And the Patriots will face those other D Lines with the GOAT whereas the other will have to face each other with sub par to average QB situations.

I would agree the Bills and Jets have better D Lines but the Patriots have the best front seven in the division. And the Patriots will face those other D Lines with the GOAT whereas the other will have to face each other with sub par to average QB situations.

Why is it so hard for people to understand this? Plus the GOAT coach. Don't forget that.

Why is Tyrod Taylor turning heads?

Rumor has it he was pre-med in college and gives free physicals to his teammates.

I think the patriots d-line is overrated. Our linebackers are great but people are going to be really really disappointed by how they've built up the D-Line as a top ten unit.
Ninko is the most underrated player and the best we have on the line.
I'm one of Chandler's biggest fans since he's from my home state and the town I went to college in, but he is an average to slightly above average player.
Easely has done nothing to prove himself yet.
Brown is a rookie.
We don't have anyone on the line who demands double teams.

Because he's named after an auto part?

bills OC is the guy who coached kap a few years ago..
i remember kap raping us that night on MNF.

The first half. And that was thanks to eleventy turnovers by the Patriots.

I don't agree, especially with Belichick and Patricia finding ways to use the deepest OL-LB group I can recall.

The Patriots linebackers are the best in the division, especially when you look at the diverse skill set when you mix and match Mayo, Collins, Hightower, Sheard and Ninkovich depending on the situation and skill set of the opponent. I'll be watching McCoy and Taylor and whether they ever break contain on Sunday.

Ninkovich was spectacular last year as a DE who played 90% of the snaps. This year, the Pats are deeper and he can come from a 4-3 as a DE if needed or play linebacker who can bring pressure from off the line of scrimmage. He will come from all over the formation this year.

Up front, the additions of Malcolm Brown and Easley to the likes of Chandler Jones, Siliga, and Branch puts plenty of size and quickness in a 3-4 or 4-3 when needed that can be swapped out for guys like Flowers and Grissom. The one thing we know is that the Patriots improve as the season progresses. This group up front will continue to develop more looks and blitzes as the year wears on.

I don't get the respect for the Dolphins. After Suh and Wake, there's not another guy in their front seven I'd trade for. The linebackers are not that special. The Bills front four is better.

The Patriots have the best '3' linebacker group in the AFC. What they have in the front 4 is still TBD. Does that set them in the top 5 front 7, as your positing it won't? Probably not. It'll still be pretty darned good, though, if they can get a couple of the lardasses at DT to stop a runner, and they can keep Collins from being the point man against the RBs.

No reason to get snarky man. Just sharing information and to be fair, you all have not had a to face a real QB in Buffalo forever. The list is very non-impressive.
After ONE GAME, you have concluded this guy is legit for years to come? Bills fans truly are desperate.

I don't agree, especially with Belichick and Patricia finding ways to use the deepest OL-LB group I can recall.

The Patriots linebackers are the best in the division, especially when you look at the diverse skill set when you mix and match Mayo, Collins, Hightower, Sheard and Ninkovich depending on the situation and skill set of the opponent. I'll be watching McCoy and Taylor and whether they ever break contain on Sunday.

Ninkovich was spectacular last year as a DE who played 90% of the snaps. This year, the Pats are deeper and he can come from a 4-3 as a DE if needed or play linebacker who can bring pressure from off the line of scrimmage. He will come from all over the formation this year.

Up front, the additions of Malcolm Brown and Easley to the likes of Chandler Jones, Siliga, and Branch puts plenty of size and quickness in a 3-4 or 4-3 when needed that can be swapped out for guys like Flowers and Grissom. The one thing we know is that the Patriots improve as the season progresses. This group up front will continue to develop more looks and blitzes as the year wears on.

I don't get the respect for the Dolphins. After Suh and Wake, there's not another guy in their front seven I'd trade for. The linebackers are not that special. The Bills front four is better.

I agree with the linebackers.

Ninkovich is not an all-star, he does not require double teams. He is not like Suh or Wake. He is a great player but not a game changer... and he's the best we've got on the front 4.

You have respect for our front 4 but don't get the respect for the dolphins?
Suh and Wake are better than any player we have on our front 4. Vernon is a double-digit sack guy and plays just as well as Ninkovich does.
So you're telling me you'd rather have Easely, Brown, Ninko and Chandler Jones over Suh, Wake, Vernon, and Mitchell?
Suh > Wake > Ninko > Vernon > Chandler Jones > Mitchell > Brown > Easely

What have Easely and Brown done in this league to make you so excited for them? Just being drafted in the first round doesn't mean they're good.

This defense will be between 15-25th in the league.

12032263_10205722148790836_3713556644048323624_n.jpg

12032263_10205722148790836_3713556644048323624_n.jpg

397 career passing yards in 5 years. 1 Career start. What a glorious disaster this will be for the Bills tomorrow.

I said this before the game, Taylor is not a starting QB in the NFL. A one-read qb, who is small and scrambles can't win. He's not just been bad, he's been awful today.

The good news for Bills fans is that even if you had a good QB you still would have lost today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back