PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Patriots could win the next few Superbowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The window is open as long as Brady is at or near his current level of play. Whether we win again imo will depend on sustaining the defense we had this year. So will we be able to retain flowers or really hit a home run in fa/draft to fill his shoes? And will dmc / chung experience any kind of dropoff? Also dt is a question mark with brown and shelton, for the right price theyll be back or will need replaced (not a tall order imo but still a need). Gronk will likely need replaced as im leaning towards he retires, not a ton in terms of overall production but his run blocking + the 2 or 3 huge catches he made in the clutch this postseason would be a huge loss.

All in all, given that we have a lot of high draft picks and good cap situation (especially if gronk does hang em up) i feel confident about the next 2-3 years and feel one more ring is a strong possibility with hopefully 3 more deep runs. Although We did have overall good luck with being healthy at the right time too this year. An injury to someone like Edelman or dmc/flowers if theyre back would of course be a huge blow.

The Pats are uniquely positioned in the NFL for on going success. (as proven by 9 straight byes and 8 straight AFCCG)

GOAT QB and Coach

Terrible Division (and yes this is true. I read a lot of things written by our fans saying how this is not true, but it is. No team has won more than 11 games in our division in 20 years other than the Pats, and it has only happened 3 times in 20 years. No team has ever "risen up" like some random ones in other divisions , I.e. Titans win 13 games one year, hurting Peyton, Chargers get 14 or 13 occasionally, Ravens grab 12 a couple years, NFC East, all except the Red Skins have come up with the occasional 12, 13 win season. Vikings and Packers and Chicago have.. Seattle a few years, 49ers a couple times...and more I am not thinking of.

The Pats have been very strong obviously, but are always in unique position to get the 1 or 2 seed. They now have three titles from the 2 seed.

As long as they keep getting to the Playoff bye they can go to Super Bowls. The rarely lose the Divisional at home then you are one game away. This formula remains for the most true until an team in OUR division finally gets good. And guess what, it looks like they are mostly trash still.

he league changes so much from year to year
Doesn't seem to change really for the Pats though?

10 straight Division titles
9 straight byes
8 straight AFCCG
3 straight SB appearances, 4 out of last 5, 5 out of last 8.

League seems pretty status quo in terms of how the Pats do within it.

I hate that people think going to the Super Bowl is just automatic. Do the Pats have a shot? Sure, but a lot of luck needs to go into any Super Bowl winning year. We’ll see. Gronk returning is not guaranteed. And we don’t even know what our roster looks like next year.

You're absolutely right! Time has proven that, with BB and TB, going to the SB is only a 50/50 proposition.

We have to make up for the two NYG SB losses ...
We should win least 2 more w/ TB... and we will within the next 4 years.

It's not over yet.
I think 28-3 comeback and Butler’s miracle goal line pick make up for those games. You can make an argument they could have easily lost first Rams game, Carolina, Seattle, and Falcons game. Every SB game has come down to the last possession/play except this last SB. Winning 6 out of 9 games when 8 of them game down to the last possession/play is pretty good. With that being said, I wouldn’t be mad at another title but everything has been gravy since the Seahawks SB win. I think this team will have a good chance to win another the next 2-3 years. Pats are loaded with draft picks, Bentley and Wynn coming back, and a good amount of cap space. I love the offseason (draft and free agency)

Why Patriots could win the next few Superbowls

c01_number_28_69458904.jpg

If the defense can play like they did in the playoffs, minus a rough 2nd half against KC (self inflicted wounds contributed), then we will always have a chance with Brady. Our line was brilliant this year, and with the running game looking as good as it ever has, we have strong foundations.

Adding a receiver or two who can get separation like Edelman would be nice too. Hogan stayed covered all year.

Of course, no team is going 100% healthy throughout the course of the season. But none of the players you cited were essential. If we lost, no one would say “we lost because Wynn, Hill, Britt, Mitchell or Matthews.” When we say “healthy,” we mean Brady, Edelman, HT, Gronk, etc.

Of course they were not essential . they were not available. But many of them could be essential. Its about the team and the process not the names and the stats. Mitchell was essential to SBLI f.e. The loss of Gronk proved not essential that season. And i don't recall anybody saying losing last yr was bc of Edelman . while most were saying losing Gordon this yr is the end of Pats hopes.. etc etc

When I read “incredibly healthy“ I think of the team and the process . not just the 4 players you mentioned.

Was JC Jackson stepping up essential enough for the revival of the secondary? Would you consider him essential loss if he was injured preseason? Did you consider James White essential before the start of 2016 season? And since when losing #1 draft pick is not essential?

The reality is Pats were one of the more injured teams in preseason and on the healthier side during the season (still i wouldn't call losing Gordon, Bentley, Hill, Rowe, Dawson, Hollister “incredible health“). They were not decimated like 2015, 2017 and some other odd years so in comparison to that id take this year's health in a heartbeat - there “we“ agree..;)

i feel confident about the next 2-3 years and feel one more ring is a strong possibility with hopefully 3 more deep runs.
Yep, I think your estimation is probably right on point. They’ll need some things to break their way, as usual (I wonder if the no-call DPI in the Saints game was in our favor? Maybe. Maybe it wouldn’t have mattered). If they can secure a bye again, anything’s possible.

The team is set up much better than I thought in the beginning of December. I think a couple of front seven players + some help at WR will go a long way. Add in the returning draft picks from IR, and likely a safety and they’ve got a legitimate shot to reload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back