PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Not Us?

There really is no reason why not, other than there being a lot of good teams, luck factor, etc. But there’s no real reason why a team with a rookie QB can’t go the distance, simply because they have a rookie QB.

If the Super Bowl were played tomorrow, I don’t see any teams being a full notch above the Patriots, and there are only a few that I’d bet on. I wish it were January right now…it’s tough to keep up this type of synergy where the team is way better than the sum of its parts.

If the football gods have any sense of humor, it will happen. The reaction of the other 31 fan bases would be comic gold.

HOLY. You are usually a measured and reasonable poster. But you are all in on this crew ! Here's hoping you are a fortune teller !
You know me.....i'm realistic but i'm not afraid to dream and believe.

Based on their current trajectory there is no reason why with the right seeding and matchups this team can't go to the AFC Championship.

In the Super Bowl anything can happen.

I’m all in on it too. Starting to see on the field what I was seeing in BB’s attitude towards this team a few weeks ago.

My fear now is that Tampa will not make it to the big game, but I‘m hoping the football gods give us Mac vs Tommy for the Lombardi this year. The hype would be off the charts insane.

I’m all in on it too. Starting to see on the field what I was seeing in BB’s attitude towards this team a few weeks ago.

My fear now is that Tampa will not make it to the big game, but I‘m hoping the football gods give us Mac vs Tommy for the Lombardi this year. The hype would be off the charts insane.

I think an even better scenario (from a storyline perspective), would be Patriots win it this year against someone else (say, the Rams), and then next year it's Pats/Bucs for the tie-breaking 8th win. But this is all fairy land right now. They make it to the playoffs this year and I'll think they have as good a shot as anyone, playing one game at a time.

No chance. I mean - if a real expert like Nick Wright says we're more likely to miss the playoffs than we are winning a playoff game then I guess that's it time to think about the draft.

That would be right there w. Jets/Colts as most hyped SB all-time.

How many did we win? 4-0 or 2-2? 0r 3-1? 0r 1-3?
Won XLIX. Lost the second Eagles game. I can't remember which other ones he did offhand.

Edit: Just remembered Michaels and Collinsworth did SB46 too. Can't recall the other one.

There really is no reason why not, other than there being a lot of good teams, luck factor, etc. But there’s no real reason why a team with a rookie QB can’t go the distance, simply because they have a rookie QB.

If the Super Bowl were played tomorrow, I don’t see any teams being a full notch above the Patriots, and there are only a few that I’d bet on. I wish it were January right now…it’s tough to keep up this type of synergy where the team is way better than the sum of its parts.

There are a lot of above average teams, yes, but no team that has shown consistent excellence. That levels the odds a bit.

Exactly. There is no one to be afraid of.

BUF concerns me but i'm not afraid of them.

If the NEP play to their capabilities they can come out of the AFC
No question the NFC is more stacked. Better passing teams which are not great matchups for our DBs. However if the pass rush keeps doing what it's been doing that covers up a lot of coverage problems.

I want to see how they fare against Buffalo and Tennessee before harboring any Super Bowl dreams, however, if they go 2-1 in those 3 games, as well as handling the rest of their business then I could see it being a realistic possibility. And once you get Belichick in any one and done scenario the Patriots have a real advantage. There is no coach in any sport who is better in that situation.

But what about all the posters who went all in on the BB is overrated/Brady was the real reason for success narrative? Won't you think of them?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back